All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Well, it's over... new
      #118931 - 11/04/04 10:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have to say I agree with Heather. Having suffered 2 miscarriages and infertility problems I still believe in the right to choose. I believe Gays should be able to marry, hell, our divorce rate is 50%, how could they do any worse?? We all have different views and opinions and I believe we should all be allowed to live and let live. I agree, the morals of this country need improving but I don't feel thats an excuse to push certain religious beliefs on people. You CAN be a good and moral person without having religion be the center of your life. I have no problem with religious people and actually admire them for thier beliefs but they have to respect the fact that there can be more than one belief in this world! I have made some really good friendships on this board and turn to it often for support. We ARE a great bunch of people and our different views help make it that way!! We can all express our views in a friendly away, without attacking anyone. When its all said and done, we have to agree to disagree and still respect and love eachother!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michele new
      #118934 - 11/04/04 10:18 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

Yup... Agree to disagree... Right now, all we can do is try and come back together as a nation and fix what's been broken...

Kumbya!!(sp)

Sunshyne

Re: Michele new
      #119009 - 11/04/04 12:05 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

My mom and step dad were going door to door for the dems the day of the election. One Bushie they talked to said that the voted for him - get this - because she heard that he awoke every morning and prayed. That was the only basis that she used to vote for him.

Makes me so angry. And I'm a Christian. But I don't go to church. I don't believe that the Bible was written by God.

Sorry, but religion stirs me up!

If you haven't, check out the Sarah McLaughlin cover "Dear God". The lyrics are fabulous!!

--------------------
~jules

Update: My opinion (of course). new
      #119065 - 11/04/04 02:32 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

As a straight male, who believes in God, and a sort of "ying/yang" philosophy towards nature/nurture and Creationism/Evolution concepts...perhaps this just boils down to tolerance.

If I bought a house, and a gay/lesbian couple moved in next door. They would get the same treatment as anybody else. If they were jerks, I wouldn't like them. If they were good, friendly neighbors, they would be welcome.

The points I'm making is that we are unique opinions on these issues, yes. But, one must know there boundaries as to how far they can enforce these opinions (i.e. via the vote). I'm pro-life in theory, but pro-choiche in practice. It's not my body. Who am I to tell a woman she has to have her unwanted pregnancy. And, just as it is with the gay marriage issue, who am I to say a loving couple, regardless of the composition the two genders...can't be respected by society and live a long, loving, and recognized life together.

Tolerance seems to be the key. And, in the country, we surely have the right to the freedom of speech; but not necessarily the right to be "heard." I'll close by saying that yes gays deserve to be respected just like everybody else. But, keep it as much in your private life as possible. Cause it's mostly none of my business (and being a depressive) I really don't care about the whole romantic/"right to express one's libido"/soulmate/parnership thing. After a while it gets to be such a drag to listen to...

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Re: I hate to offend anyone, but I have to stand up for what I believe in. new
      #119084 - 11/04/04 03:40 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Quote:

Ok now. I'm done, said my peice. IF you dont agree you dont have to agree thats fine. BUt, before you start defending the Gay's, pick up a Bible and start reading it. You may be surprised at what you find.

This sort of statement drives me crazy. What makes you think that just because I believe gay people should have the right to marry I haven't read the bible? I understand completely and fully every verse you would make reference to that you believe is against homosexuality. I also have talked to religious scholars who have read the bible in the ORIGINAL GREEK who disagree with the translations. I further am quite educated in the ways that the bible's wording has changed over time throughout it's history and the various translations that exist.

The thing is, you believe that the bible can be interpreted literally to make laws for human beings. You believe that there is one interpretation of the words and that that interpretation has accurately been captured by the translators and you have access to it. I in no way want to deny you that belief.

However, I don't agree with it. And no amount of me reading and rereading those passages is going to change my mind on the issue.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me or anyone else ignorant.

OK GUYS!!! new
      #119086 - 11/04/04 03:52 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Enough is enough!! things are staring to get ugly and i don't want to see people mad and hurt by all of this!! These boards are to important to have them fall apart because of all this!!! LET IT GO!!! PLEASE!!! We all need to just agree to disagree!!! No one is going to change anyone elses mind on here so lets just stop now!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: OK GUYS!!! new
      #119094 - 11/04/04 04:10 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I agree....this post is getting us no where, now! We all have our beliefs....we were all raised differently...and live in different places. We need to just know that no one is going to ever agree completley with each others views. Some of my view are very differnet than my husbands....I just have to bite my toung some times and let the rest roll of my shoulder!!!

Lets try and end this post!!! It's better for our IBS!!!

--------------------

Re: OK GUYS!!! new
      #119103 - 11/04/04 04:27 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yeah, end this garbage. No one will change my mind, and I won't change anyone else's. No need for anyone to be rude. I'm done with this post!! :P
Love ya'll!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 885 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55254

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review