All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Boy oh boy, I have a feeling I'm going to hear about that one for a while! new
      #118750 - 11/03/04 06:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Ok, ok, EVERYONE is allowed to talk to me... LOL! I'm sorry I'm so hot-headed first thing in the morning. I should probably not be allowed on the boards before I've had my Lexapro and my morning cuppa tea, either!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'd reply, but I'm not allowed to talk to you :) -nt- new
      #118751 - 11/03/04 06:02 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Who are you talking about? Casey?

--------------------

Brittney! new
      #118753 - 11/03/04 06:16 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I just noticed you're from Sarasota, my family and I used to go there every summer!! I LOVE IT THERE!! I'm so jealous that you actually LIVE there. It's beautiful. *tear* I want to go back.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Well, it's over... new
      #118756 - 11/03/04 06:31 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well I agree with you that it is over and we need to move on, but I feel need to say this!!

I do not feel the need to respect Bush!!
We are a middle class famliy and he sure as heck does not respect us, buy trying to take away our overtime pay!!

I am a women, and I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT HAPPENS TO MY BODY!!! I do not feel that anyone has the right to tell anyone else what to do with their body!!!

I also don't belive that just because two people are in a same sex relationship that are not entitled to the same freedoms and rights as everyone else!! We are not their Judges and this is the whole purpose of sepration between Church and state!! It not my bussiness if they are married or not and I don't see why everyone is so against it!!!

I also didn't see any respact coming from Bush towards the UN! We are not the rulers of this world and he seems to think that we are!!!

These are just my views and if you don't agree than that is your RIGHT!! I just felt the need to express them!! I don not want to make any one mad or upset but that is the way I feel!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Edited by heather7476 (11/03/04 06:33 PM)

#118758 - 11/03/04 06:38 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Amen sweetie. Especially about the right to choose, and the support for gay marriage. Even though I am in a traditional heterosexual marriage I feel badly for friends of mine who don't want to push their lifestyle on anyone, they just want partner benefits. But I don't attribute that to Bush. The anti-gay rights stuff is totally separate. I just think of it as reactionary backlash to ideas that will happen within our lifetimes. At least I hope.

Re: Brittney! new
      #118760 - 11/03/04 06:40 PM

Unregistered

Really?? How funny! It really is a great place to live - a little hot right now though (in the upper 80's) but it's good for the beach all year long! You should definitely come back to visit!

Re: Election Day has come and gone.... new
      #118761 - 11/03/04 06:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I completely agree Steven (hope that's your name)... blaming all of the atrocities in the world on our leadership is ridiculous, like the rest of the world isn't equal or greater to us economically in influence if they get it together. It's clear that socially progressive leadership isn't coming from our nation, that's not what our country believes in or supports (as a majority). So stop looking to where the big films come from and get the agendas together without us while you need to.

Amen, Mindy -nt- new
      #118765 - 11/03/04 06:51 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#118772 - 11/03/04 07:10 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I respect your views, Heather...really I do. I do not agree, but again that is the freedom we have, and why the majority of votes rules.
Kerry is not in support of gay marriages either though.

I do not have a personal problem with gay people - I don't think it's right - but I'm not going to condemn someone for it. I do not think they should be able to get married...I'm sorry. Marriage is a vow between a man and a woman - it should not be changed.
As far as pro-choice...I used to be, until I had a very long talk with someone who was pro-life, and it really changed me. I don't see why that baby should have any less rights that you have. I feel like killing a one month old is like killing a 10 year old. Now as far as rape is concerned, I wouldn't have a problem with abortion - HOWEVER, abortions resulting from rapes is less than 1% of the abortions in the world, so it can't be based on that. There are so many woman out there who are desparate to be mothers, and would love to adopt a baby. And partial birth abortions?!? Let's not even go there...

Bush does not think he is the leader of the world, he is a very educated, moral man, and I really respect him. I am a christian, yes, so a lot of my views are based on morals.

Thanks for sharing your views w/o being rude!! I love ya and I don't want to start fights over this, it's something that probably never should have been brought up in the first place.

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Edited by Cara4503 (11/04/04 05:52 AM)

Re: Election Day has come and gone.... new
      #118780 - 11/03/04 07:35 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Mindy, Thanks for the reply

You brought up some very good points, and the fact that you have lived in China and have been able to compare different ways of life is both fasinating and refreshing.

My first thought is with regards to Bush's Us vs. The Terrorists, or "Evil doers" attitude. To often it seems that Bush makes it seem as 'You're either for us, or for the terrorists' which I think is silly. There are other ways to react. Just because someone doesn't support the measures that The President has taken, doesn't mean that they want Osama to set up camp in Idaho. I'm not saying that I think every single thing that Bush has done is wrong, but I do think that overall, there are better ways to solve things than the way Bush has. (but seeing as I'm not born in the US and am not over 40, I can't be President)

With regards to the border. Americans and Canadians alike are proud of the border. I do not think that it is a bad idea that the US has increased its border patrol services and increased co-operation between customs officials on each side. However, the terrorists who piloted the planes for 9/11 not only passed through US customs talking to US officals, they also did their flight training in the US.

I totally agree with Tommy that the US is in a difficult situation in international affairs. No matter what it does, somebody is bound to get upset.

If you, as an American citizen are comfortable with the new broad ranging powers that the government has to thwart the evil doers, then great! For me, I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about it, cause giving the government the ability to pass over many of the checks and balances between the judicial and legislative branches of government written into the constitution, would worry me.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this discussion And I do realize that while I'm expressing my opinion, it is simply that. There's nothing I can do to change the outcome of the election (unless of course enough members of the electoral college change their minds). The American people have spoken, used the tools of democracy and elected a president.

Cheers to that!
Jamie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55252

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review