All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Should I be worried?
      #118146 - 11/02/04 02:09 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

As, some of you already know, I am getting in a month from now. I am getting worried, because I have left three voice mails for the music director at the church (over a two month span) and he hasn't called me back yet. I am getting very fustrated with this man! I don't have any music picked out yet.

Plus, I called the Mt. Sr. who is marrying us to set up and appoinment to go over somethings and hand him papers that he needed and he hasn't called me back either (two weeks ago). I don't want to bug the Mt. Sr.

Then, to make matter worse, the catering hall was supposed to call me and set up a date for me to pick out my menu. My wedding is a month away!!! I feel like i am on top f things and I have no control over making them happen. I feel like it isn't going to come together. I am getting stressed. What should I do? Just wait or call again?

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

CALL THEM!!!!! new
      #118157 - 11/02/04 02:41 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I would call them tommrow and if that doesn't work I would show up there!!! This is your day girl, don't risk having someone else mess it up!!!!
Now relax,breath, and scream in a pillow!!LOL
It will all work out!!!! This is why I eloped!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Should I be worried? new
      #118158 - 11/02/04 02:42 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

one month away is nothing and they are soooo inconsiderate to how stressful it is to be a bride that they haven't called you back yet - call them and call them and call them. its a shame you have to teach them how to do their jobs! this is YOUR wedding...be self centred!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Should I be worried? new
      #118222 - 11/02/04 04:48 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I agree with Heather and Dalia ... this is your BIG day! Bug them 'til they get something done - and try to have a back up if somebody falls through.

Good luck hon~

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Don't forget the purpose of the day... new
      #118240 - 11/02/04 05:37 PM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

Even if the songs are wrong, the end result will be the same...you'll be married!!! I always try to remind people that the wedding is just one day and the marriage is forever. I tried and tried to get a friend of mine to understand that and she went nuts, drove herself nuts, worrying and being stressed with the details. She had a pretty stressful wedding (the veil wasn't hemmed on wedding day and we had to trim the strings right before she walked down the aisle!). Afterwards, she told me I was right and that she shouldn't have worried so much and she would have had a better wedding day. On my wedding day my maid of honor was in tears because the hair appts were late and all of my bridesmaids were MIA! I finally sat her down and said "I don't CARE what they look like. I look great and I'm getting married to a wonderful guy". She took on my attitude and I had a great wedding. Smile, relax, and remember the point of this all!!!
Rena

renaanne new
      #118261 - 11/02/04 06:55 PM
Sweetd

Good point, thanks.

--------------------

Re: CALL THEM!!!!! new
      #118266 - 11/02/04 07:14 PM
Sweetd

Thanks, all of you are right, it is my big day, I have to get the ball rooling. I will call them again. It is sad that I have to be the one, being that I am giving them the business, but it looks like it has to be that way.

The priest, I call tonight. He siad that the machine cut off my number, so luckly I called. We were able to set up a date. Tomorrow, I will have to try again with those other inconsiderate people! Wish me luck. What a pain this is, I can't wait until the day is here and it is all over and I can go on my honeymoon and just relax! Thanks again!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review