BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone have a front load washer? If so, do you like it? --nt-- new
      #117162 - 10/29/04 10:58 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

B/f's parents just got one - it's all high-tech, so it's much better than the 15 year old one that they had before. But it gets a funny smell in it, like wet, moldy clothes; the door locks, which is good, except when you find that one sock that needs to go in; and you can't interrupt the cycle at all.

It has a much bigger capacity than the old one, and automatically adjusts the water level. But convenience-wise? You still have to bend over to put everything in, and it's not any easier to pull wet clothes out. So, I like it better 'cause it's new, but don't really care that it's a front load.

You did mean clothes washer right?? If not, well, nevermind my babble

--------------------
~*Amber*~

I don't like 'em new
      #117214 - 10/30/04 07:16 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I don't hate them or anything, they serve their purpose I guess but I really don't like using them. It IS annoying (I agree) that if you want to throw something else in, you can't because it locks. And it's more awkward I think trying to see how full it is, etc. The one that we have now is also waaaaaay smaller than the last one I had which was.. top loading? Is that what it's called? But that could be because I went from Canada --> UK where all the appliances are a lot smaller so that might not be an issue!
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I have one! new
      #117239 - 10/30/04 08:55 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I bought it from sears. It's not the all-digital one, because that was too expensive, but this one works just fine. I love it. DH's jeans used to get all torn up from the agitator in the older ones, not any more. I highly recommend getting one! Here's the link... Kenmore washer

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: I have one! new
      #117272 - 10/30/04 10:33 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

They are the only ones you can get over here! I LOVE mine because it is silver and there is glitter on the trim (i am SUCH a girlie!)

--------------------
S.

Rachel new
      #117281 - 10/30/04 11:06 AM
BL

I had already looked at this one online. I want one, but I cannot talk my husband into it. He doesn't think it's worth the extra money. The top loading one I have now is 3.3 cu ft. and this one is 3.1. I'm wondering if that will seem small to me, or if it will have the same capacity because there is no agitator in the middle.

Can you stuff it full? Or are you supposed to only fill it half way with clothes? Give me an example. How many bath towels or pairs of pants can you put in it?

Steph new
      #117282 - 10/30/04 11:08 AM
BL

Most of the new ones allow you to push a button and interrupt it to put something else in after it's started the cycle. Do you know what size yours is?

re: capacity new
      #117289 - 10/30/04 11:29 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Oh yeah... you can stuff them. I think it would seem maybe a little bigger because there's no agitator. Honestly, you'll be saving money with it. You use A LOT less detergent with them. Not only that, but they are high efficiency... they use A LOT less water. So not only would be saving on detergent, but also on water. They have special detergent that they sell for it, but if you decide you don't want to use it, you just use half (or even less) of the regular detergent. I will NEVER go back to a top-loader.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

mom loves hers... new
      #117311 - 10/30/04 01:21 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've been thinking about getting one in the new house if we don't get the appliances they had there... they already moved out and the appliances are still sitting there... so... we'll see.. I have a freezer and there isn't a place in the house other then the garage or util space in the MI basement for it unless I can put it in the laundry closet- by using a pair of front loading stackables like mom had I could put the freezer in as well... adn she loved hers in the last house, and has talked about replacing the current houses with them even though the house they bought was new, and the appliances only a few months old!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Anyone have a front load washer? If so, do you like it? --nt-- new
      #117357 - 10/30/04 05:14 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

We had to buy one last week since our old died and was too small with a new baby. This is the one we bought web page . We didn't buy it here because they didn't have it in stock (delivery would have been on Zoe's birthday) and we needed it immediatly but I did find the best price and we were able to talk the sales man down almost $300 from the original price. A lot of stores will price match so shop around if you do buy one. I like it so far but I haven't really used it too much. I have noticed I have cut down on the number of loads and I can use high speed spin cycle so the dryer doesn't take as long. I can also do delicates and hand washables.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review