All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Just found out my mom has cancer--update, also a sprained ankle
      #114722 - 10/21/04 03:57 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Well I've got to hand it to her, she kept it a secret from me. She told me Friday she was going in on Wednesday to get a lump removed. She broke it to me this morning, after I'd spent the night looking after her after her surgery the "lump" was actually the size of an orange. And they found a couple more in there while they were digging around her left breast.

I am bitter and shattered and scared right now. You guys are my pillar, and I really thank you for helping me through some hard IBS times. I am a basket case right now. I'm getting power of attorney tomorrow, and in a few days we are going in to get the results of the biopsy. From the size and geography, I'm guessing it's not Stage I.

My world is spinning. Thanks for letting me dump.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh Nelly... new
      #114727 - 10/21/04 04:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't even know what to say that could possibly be a comfort right now... *hugs* I'm so sorry.

My grandmother had a lump the size of a large peach removed in... hmm, 1991? 1992? She had others removed as well. Long story short, she's still with us. Never lose hope.

*more hugs*

Re: Just found out my mom has cancer new
      #114728 - 10/21/04 04:16 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Wow, I'm so sorry. I know why our parents keep these types of things from us but it doesn't help finding out later. I pray they can get rid of it all. I would be a basket case too.

#114731 - 10/21/04 04:22 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi Nelly, so sorry to hear your Mom's news. I can tell from your letter that you really love your Mom, which means she has probably been the best Mom in the world!! (besides mine, )

Just be as strong as you can be for her, she needs you to be. I understand her not telling you about it, my Mom did the same thing. We are waiting right now to find out about a 2nd Dr.'s diagnosis on Leukemia for her. So, I do know how you are feeling, its a kick in the gut, huh?

I am praying for you both, just love her with all of your heart, soul and breath, have some good long talks too!

gayla

#114733 - 10/21/04 04:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Nelly... I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. {{BIG HUGS}} I'll be thinking of both you, your mom, & your family. You keep us posted.... and lean on us as much as you need... we are all here for you.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh dear! new
      #114738 - 10/21/04 04:41 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am so so so sorry Nelly!!

{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}

I'll make sure to say prayers for you, hon!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#114755 - 10/21/04 05:11 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Oh Sweetie!!! I am so sorry!!! Words can not even tell you how much I am praying for you and your family!!
Never lose hope and try to keep that wonderfull sense of humor we have all come to love!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--------------------
Heather7476

lots of hugs... new
      #114766 - 10/21/04 05:45 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

oh my.. sounds like something my mom would do though and dad helps her... and then doesn't understand when I get mad or keep things from them about my health- HELLO??? she was in the hospital with major complications and not expected to live and I found out when I called home and aksed my kid sister (who assumed I'd been told) to put mom on the phone.

they do it all the time.. I just hope this time it isn't too late and it is still treatable for your mom... they have made some miraculous advances in treatments for breast cancer. Even later stages... my aunt lived 10 years after a stage 2-3 diagnosis (I think the diagnosis she had 12 years before she died when it went in remission was stage 2, it was stage 3 the second bout.. but I am not remembering the details from back then that well.. she was on Chemo every three weeks, but she lived to see her grandchildren all be born!)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#114783 - 10/21/04 06:38 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Nelly~ I wish there was something more that I could do than simply say how sorry I am to hear this, and that I will keep both you and your mom in my thoughts.

It's understandable that you're a basket case; I would be too. But don't give up hope. As long as there is life, there is a chance.

<<Hugs!>> We'll be here when you need us. Take care of yourself, hon.

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#114785 - 10/21/04 06:42 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Sorry to hear such sad, sad news! Try to stay as positive and hopeful as you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Terri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 537 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review