All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
All I can say is wow....... new
      #115415 - 10/24/04 03:29 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Your poor mom!

But, I'm sorry, you had me laughing out loud that she called the cops because you didn't answer your phone.

Don't ever lose your wonderful sense of humour Nelly!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Now she's got a sprained ankle too, I swear I'm not making this up. new
      #115438 - 10/24/04 05:12 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Nelly...I am soooo sorry! How awful for you and your Mum...
I hope her ankle gets better quickly. Why is life like that....it doesn't rain, it pours.
always here if you want to vent XXXXXXXXXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Poor Nelly new
      #115441 - 10/24/04 05:31 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your post. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. That's enough adventure for one weekend!!! Now I want you to have a nice calm week, do you hear me?

I can't believe the phone call did not wake you up---and then your Mom calls authorities looking for you. This might make a good story line for Law and Order. Or maybe it would be more appropriate for One Life to Live.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to make light of your situation, but hey, when life gives you lemons, you gotta make lemonade, right?

I think I need to put you, your Mom, your boyfriend, (and anyone else you can think of) on my prayer list.

I hope this week goes much better for you, that your Mom can get comfortable and you can get some SLEEP.

Now get off the computer and go lie down!!!

Nelly! new
      #115490 - 10/24/04 08:44 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Oh, no Nelly, seems like you have your hands full with them! Hope things calm down for you, things always seem to happen at the same time, don't they?
Dbf and mom are lucky to have you taking care of them, and your situation with your mom sooo reminds me of something that could happen between me and my mom, she can be very difficult at times

--------------------
-Sheri

Well YIKES AND DOUBLE YIKES!!! new
      #115491 - 10/24/04 08:53 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

My goodness girl!! You do things in style don't ya!!! I had to laigh at the APB thing!! That is such a mother thing to do!!! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!! Good Grief they better or will be talking to you from the loony bin!!!LOL
Good LUCK!!! LOTS OF LOVE!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

NELLLYYY *hugs* new
      #115495 - 10/24/04 09:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

OH NO!

I have no words.

What can we do to help you? PLEASE lean on us...we're ALL here for you!

E-mail me any time...

I think you're handling this by wrtiitng int to us. I'm glad you dont' feel the need to hide and deal with thi all by yourself....I hope you never will. That's what were here for...ewach other!

Please come back tot he baords when you can and lean on us...

With love and prayers,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

LOL-- One Life to Live! new
      #115534 - 10/25/04 06:47 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

BL, that is so funny. You totally got the jist of my sit. I am so glad someone is laughing *with* me!

An APB. I'm still shaking my head.

~nelly~

Re: Well YIKES AND DOUBLE YIKES!!! new
      #115541 - 10/25/04 07:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh my Nelly, that was quite a story!! I'm glad to hear both you and your mom are keeping a good sense of humor!!

My mom also has Lymes diease. And fibro AND IBS!! Her lymes is really bad. She had it a long time before she got a proper diagnosis and she can't take the anti-biotics for it. Its basically destroying her. She is one of the rare people that they can't "cure" it or even get it back into remission. How is your bf handling it? Is he taking any medications for it? I don't believe my mom has ever had days of throwing up like you mentioned bf did.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: NELLLYYY *hugs* new
      #115544 - 10/25/04 07:28 AM
Nelly

Hey Ruchie-- I appreciate the comfort. Thanks for being there for me, it means so much to me.

~nelly~

Re: Well YIKES AND DOUBLE YIKES!!! new
      #115558 - 10/25/04 07:57 AM
Nelly

Hey Michele,

My bf was diagnosed with Lyme in March 2000. I saw the red bullseye marks on his arm and legs and pleaded with him to go to the hospital. He said no, and he stayed flu-like sick in bed for 2 weeks before his parents finally called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. He spiked a 105 degree fever, and they packed him in ice his first night.

He was laid up in the hospital for 10 days, where they did a spinal tap and confirmed that it had spread to his spinal fluid. They counted 36 bullseye marks on his back, arms and legs, and the doctors concluded he must have had deer ticks all over him in his bedding. They'd never seen so many marks on a lyme sufferer.

He received 4 weeks of IV antibiotics (penicillin) through a catheter in his left arm (to keep the vein open). He had one bad remission in February of the following year, where the bulls-eye marks came back on his right arm and hand. He went through 3 weeks of Cipro orally for that bout.

It's something he'll have for life. His joints, especially his knees hurt in the mornings, and he'll be at risk for premature arthritis. Sometimes he just gets dead tired. Every 4-5 monhts or so, he'll have a bout of vomiting, and run a fever and turn grey and clammy. No explanation. Doc says that unless the bulls-eyes come back, they won't treat him with antibiotics.

In a twist, his mom got Lyme a few years later (they lived in a deer infested area) and they gave her injected antibiotics through her stomach lining. Part of her stomach had to eventually be removed because of the damage it caused. Guess Dbf got lucky they caught it in time to treat it.

I hope your mother is coping ok. That's quite a trifecta of ailments to be saddled with! All my best to her and to you--

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1470 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review