All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I'm so sorry! new
      #114912 - 10/22/04 10:11 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I hope everything is going well now. How is she doing? Just keep staying strong for her and supporting her. Please update on how she's doing! *HuGs*!!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so sorry Nelly.... new
      #114914 - 10/22/04 10:17 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I agree with the others, don't lose hope, no matter what. I know what you are going through. My dad was diagnosed with breast cancer (yes, my dad), about 5 and a half years ago. I was a basketcase, he is my best friend and just the kindest man in the world. The doctors gave him 5 years at most to live - and he's still here today, feeling better than ever. I honestly had no hope years ago when I was told that...I just cried all the time thinking about all he would miss....and now I regret losing hope so soon, because he is doing just fine, and I think a lot of it is because he believed in himself, and he believed that the chemo and mastectomy would get rid of it all.
I know you're feeling lots of emotions right now, and no words will cheer you up - but just know that God has a plan and knows what he's doing. My prayers are with you and your family!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Nelly new
      #114916 - 10/22/04 10:21 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Oh no Nelly, that is so horrible. And to see someone that is bright, cherful, and funny no matter how nad they are feeling be so in the dumps is always so upseting.
I never knew that you could start getting attached to "message board internet" friends, but I feel as bad for you as I would for anyone in my physical life.
I never know what to say in situations like this, but I just wanted to write something to show I care.
Good luck to you and your mom.

**huggs**
sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Just found out my mom has cancer new
      #114917 - 10/22/04 10:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thanks guys. I can't believe how many of you posted to my message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate the support. I don't know anyone else who's gone through this before. It seems my mom has a ton of friends who called nonstop and sent gobs of food, and some friends who are survivors who are helping her through everything, but not so in Nellyland. So I really appreciate you guys being here for me. You guys really care, and you don't know how much it's helping me! Thanks so much!!

~nelly~

Nelly new
      #114923 - 10/22/04 10:32 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Nelly, that is just awful, Sorry I am getting in on this late, my thoughts are with you and your family,
Sinead

--------------------
S.

#114955 - 10/22/04 12:37 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Nelly,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother. God bless you both.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

#114987 - 10/22/04 02:09 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh Nelly, I'm so, so sorry. Just want you to know you & your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember that we are all here to help you through this.

Hugs
Barbie

--------------------

#115386 - 10/24/04 12:59 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Oh, Nelly... I'm so sorry. My husband and I went down this road with his mom. It was beyond tough.

Just hang in there and hope and pray! I hope you get good news.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Now she's got a sprained ankle too, I swear I'm not making this up. new
      #115412 - 10/24/04 03:13 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Ah the adventures of thaking care of loved ones! Read this and see where I get my sense of humor.

Saturday I'd been alternatively taking care of Dbf who's puking his guts out going on 20 hours. He's got Lyme disease, and every few months, he can't keep anything down for days straight.

I'm also responsible for my mom with her surgery aftercare. I split Friday night and Sat morning with puking Dbf, and Sat. with mom. I had a nice visit with my mom, actually. I called mom after coming home, after spending Saturday at her bed, and she dashed to get my call, slipped, fell, and went splat on the floor twisting up her leg. This is where my guilt trip STARTS.

As I was leaving a lovely relaxed message about how nice a visit I had, she crawled to the phone with a badly sprained ankle, and she managed to hit speakerphone, wailing that she was on the floor and needed an ambulance, pronto!! Yikes!

I called the paramedics for her and called her back to tell her they were on the way. She insisted I NOT drive BACK the 30 minutes to the hospital, (which is just a couple blocks from her place). Stubborn woman, so I acquiesced.

She said if she needed a ride home she'll let me know, but don't bother worrying about it. Did I mention she's 3 blocks from the hospital? Did I mention she's stubborn?

This is 6pm. So 1 hour passes, no call back. 2 hours pass, etc. I gave up waiting at midnight, to get some sleep, as I was nodding off and Dbf was passed out exhausted.

I was dead asleep by midnight, thinking she had cabbed it the 3 blocks home. Evidently, the phone didn't wake me up when she called me at 12:30am and left a message that YES she would need a ride, and right now.

Now, the phone DIDN'T wake me up, but you'd better believe the 2 county police officers banging on my door at 3am DID. "Are you all right, Miss?" "...Wha? I was sleeping! I think I'm allright. Can you ask me again when I wake up? Officer? Officers?"

Seems like dear mom called out a missing persons report(!!!) and APB(!!?!) on my car when I hadn't shown up at the hospital. I might be dead in a ditch, you know. Police even called security at my apartment complex to check if my car was in the lot. Ugh.

So I took it, TOOK IT like the half-asleep worst daughter in the world I was, and even thanked the cops for checking on my safety. I cooooouldn't help mentioning as they left that she DID live 3 BLOCKS from the hospital, fyi. They laughed a little.

I'm cool with my mom today. Dbf is still ill and I spent a good 5 hours cooking and entertaining by my mom's bedside. She's in a splint and can't use crutches because fo the breast surgery stiches.

OK I'm going to have to take a nap now...! It was just as exhausting recounting this story. Hope it made sense!! Love you for listening.

~nelly~

LOL Nelly!! new
      #115414 - 10/24/04 03:27 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Nelly,
I now feel guilty for laughing at your misfortunes, but that is a great story, and you tell it so well!

Moms' function is to "not be any trouble" but to end up being the most trouble possible by trying not to be any trouble!

Sounds like you had a rough weekend, take care of yourself too! Its a holiday here tomorrow so I have no work..still have to get up though as have to go to a funeral (Noone close but the wife of a guy I used to work for, she's only 50 and has three kids so it is going to be VERY sad)

Talk tomorrow,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review