All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I WANNA BE A 80 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005 PLEASE HELP ME!!
      #114531 - 10/20/04 10:02 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

For those who have been following my weight loss... I DID make my goal that was to lose 60 pounds by 10/15/04

Now I want to lose an additional 20 for a total of 80 pounds by Jan 31, 2005!!

I will continue to do a daily report in on the Vegas Board because I'm sure I will have more goals that I will need to make by the next Fall Sprawl in 2005.... just wait til you all see me in about a year....oh, I'm getting excited already.

Here is the thread from 1-60 pounds of weight loss
I WANT TO BE A 40 POUND LOSER BY OCT 15TH HELP ME!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I WANNA BE A 25 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005 PLEASE HELP ME!! new
      #114532 - 10/20/04 10:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Shell, I didn't really follow the other thread and I hope to lookl it over tomorrow. I can't wait ti find out what you did. I will not be able to use exercise too much...it will come from food choices and portions mostly!

I hope you had a SUPER DUPER time in Vegas!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I WANNA BE A 80 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005 PLEASE HELP ME!! new
      #114541 - 10/21/04 04:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Go Shell, will be here with you to support you!

--------------------
S.

Re: I WANNA BE A 80 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005! (We Need YOUR Help!!) new
      #114545 - 10/21/04 04:58 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Okay Shell now you did it!! Your're asking for help to lose 20 more pounds?????? That's it!! You have done so well losing this weight that WE need YOUR help in order to take some weight off. he he! Seriously though, for us with a thyroid problem it is sooooo hard even if we eat the same exact things you have.

You are such an inspiration to anyone who knows how hard it is to lose weight. I'm sooooo proud of you and Shane. It takes a lot of determination and you have both shown you have a lot of that.

Wish I could have been there to meet you, I would have given you a great big hug in person and if you didn't mind this old lady doing so would have given Shane one too for all he's lost and for being a good moral support for YOU!

Hope circumstances let me get to meet you on one of these get togethers. Have any thoughts of where you want to have it next year?

Good Luck Sweetie! You will get those 20lbs off so don't you worry about it. Just keep doing what you've been doing all along.

Hugs,

Pat

#114565 - 10/21/04 06:32 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That's amazing Shell!!!! Let's see some pictures!!! I bet you look amazing!!

Keep us posted!!

Whoo hoo!! You go, girl!!! new
      #114596 - 10/21/04 08:48 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I know you can do it!!! Piece of Cake!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: I WANNA BE A 25 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005 PLEASE HELP ME!! new
      #114670 - 10/21/04 02:07 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, I didn't really follow the other thread and I hope to look it over tomorrow. I can't wait to find out what you did. I will not be able to use exercise too much...it will come from food choices and portions mostly!
food choises & portions are a very big part of it...

I hope you had a SUPER DUPER time in Vegas!
Oh gosh did we ever!! Come see on the Vegas boards.

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------

#114671 - 10/21/04 02:07 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Go Shell, will be here with you to support you!

Thanks Sinead!!

--------------------

Re: I WANNA BE A 80 POUND LOSER BY JAN 31, 2005! (We Need YOUR Help!!) new
      #114674 - 10/21/04 02:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Okay Shell now you did it!! Your're asking for help to lose 20 more pounds?????? Yes, and it will not be the last 20 either That's it!! You have done so well losing this weight that WE need YOUR help in order to take some weight off. he he! Come join me in reporting in... that is one really big PLUS... I feel like I have to be accountable to all of you that are supporting me...it really does keep me going (that and Kandee's Cane) hehehe Seriously though, for us with a thyroid problem it is sooooo hard even if we eat the same exact things you have. Oh, well that sucks!! I know Kandee has the same problem too... I don't understand the thyroid.... I guess I should learn one of these days so I can help you guys too.

You are such an inspiration to anyone who knows how hard it is to lose weight. I'm sooooo proud of you and Shane. It takes a lot of determination and you have both shown you have a lot of that. Thanks!

Wish I could have been there to meet you, I would have given you a great big hug in person and if you didn't mind this old lady doing so would have given Shane one too for all he's lost and for being a good moral support for YOU! Oh, I wish you were there too!! There would have been hugs all around... I don't know though you might have had to fight off Kandee from Shane (her wheelchair wheeley pusher) LMBO!! **see the Vegas boards for more on that

Hope circumstances let me get to meet you on one of these get together. Have any thoughts of where you want to have it next year? Yes, we will let everyone know in a few weeks or so... we need to do some voting between the 4DM's

Good Luck Sweetie! You will get those 20lbs off so don't you worry about it. Just keep doing what you've been doing all along. Yes, I'm just gonna keep on going on.... (minus Vegas...LOL...so many UFO's )

Hugs,

Pat

--------------------

#114675 - 10/21/04 02:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That's amazing Shell!!!! Let's see some pictures!!! I bet you look amazing!!

Keep us posted!!

Thanks Kimm... there are new pics of us on the Vegas board

--------------------

Re: Whoo hoo!! You go, girl!!! new
      #114677 - 10/21/04 02:18 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I know you can do it!!! Piece of Cake!!!

Did someone say C-A-K-E ?!!?!?

--------------------

Err, I meant IBS-safe cake!!!! new
      #114692 - 10/21/04 02:56 PM
RachelT

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Err, I meant IBS-safe cake!!!! new
      #114696 - 10/21/04 03:01 PM
Shell Marr

Oh, you mean like Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake Yummers.... I can do that..even though I had my fair share at Fall Sprawl... but you CAN'T eat just one!! LOL

--------------------

#114734 - 10/21/04 04:29 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

It looks like I will be joining you starting Tuesday at the latest. Of course I should loss at least 10 lbs in a day I hope. I hope to loss the 30 lbs I gained this pregnancy as soon as possible so I can work on the other 20 lbs. Some day I will fit back into my wedding dress, right?

BTW, congratulations on the 60 you have lost already. I know you must be proud of yourself.

#114797 - 10/21/04 07:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

It looks like I will be joining you starting Tuesday at the latest. Of course I should loss at least 10 lbs in a day I hope. I hope to loss the 30 lbs I gained this pregnancy as soon as possible so I can work on the other 20 lbs. Some day I will fit back into my wedding dress, right?

BTW, congratulations on the 60 you have lost already. I know you must be proud of yourself.

Oh goodie!! Your due date was the 19th right?

Thanks....

--------------------

#115056 - 10/22/04 04:54 PM
Louise64

Reged: 10/20/04
Loc: Metro Detroit

Wow - I'm so impressed with your weight-loss! I have lost 29 pounds myself (about 18 months ago) but didn't stick with it, I still need to lose another 40 pounds. You are so inspiring. Your weight-loss thread is pretty long, I skimmed through it - looking for info on how you did it. Did you just count calories? I'd love to hear a bit of a summary if you don't mind sharing.

#115062 - 10/22/04 05:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow - I'm so impressed with your weight-loss! I have lost 29 pounds myself (about 18 months ago) but didn't stick with it, I still need to lose another 40 pounds. You are so inspiring. Your weight-loss thread is pretty long, I skimmed through it - looking for info on how you did it. Did you just count calories? I'd love to hear a bit of a summary if you don't mind sharing.

First off....good luck with your weight loss too!!

I TRY to keep my calories under 1,400... I'm at the gym 6 days a week.... (weight resistance training class 2 days, Kickboxing 2 days, Yogo 1 day.... I also do cardio on all the days but kickboxing days because that already burns so many calories. My breakfast M-F is a Luna Bar, then sometimes I have a snack of fruit cup or applesauce, but not always, lunch is always Subway (toasted roasted garlic with either, turkey or tuna w/easy lettuce & pickle. I have other small snacks like smarties candy and jellybelly's FAT FREE and few caloires. Then later have a snack like baked lays or some kind of chips or crackers....then dinner (we really DON'T eat out) I try to keep under 500 calories having chicken, turkey, veg chili or seafood w/rice, pasta, or potatoes I really like green beans so I have that A LOT... then I have a snack at night...I will not say what it is...will just call it UFO (unidentified food object) which means it is safe for ME but maybe not many others so I don't want to encourage...but it is 240 caloires. My only beverages are WATER, sometimes Poweraide (which really should be listed as UFO for many) and decaf herbal teas. Just remember THIS calories in calories out... you NEED to burn more calories then you consume or you will NOT lose!! Ok, that is enough for now. Watch my daily reports on the Vegas board starting again Sat...I've been sick the last two days....

--------------------

#115155 - 10/23/04 07:11 AM
Louise64

Reged: 10/20/04
Loc: Metro Detroit

Thanks for the info and the encouragement! The good news for me is that I've kept up the exercise habit - I also work out 5-6 days per week, so that part of it is firmly established. I just need to consistently lower my calories - I have a habit of being good 4-5 days a week and then blowing it 1-3 days per week therefore staying the same weight. I just need to be consistent.

Thanks again!

THIS WEEKS WEIGH IN new
      #117232 - 10/30/04 08:30 AM
Shell Marr

**I LOST ONE POUND IN TWO WEEKS!!**

Not bad since that includes Las Vegas, being sick last week, & now PMS'ing...LOL

That makes a total of 61 pounds in 21 weeks.... I have already reached my FIRST goal which was to lose 40 pounds by (10/15/04) which was the beginning of IBS Fall Sprawl 2004. My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 pounds for a total of 60 still by (10/15/04) which I did. Now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 pounds for a total of 80 by (1/31/05).

You can see my daily report in on the " Vegas " board.....along with many others who post about what they are doing as well. It's NOT just for weight loss.....we will be planning Fall Sprawl 2005 soon also

--------------------

Re: THIS WEEKS WEIGH IN new
      #117280 - 10/30/04 11:03 AM
cailin

Its great that you are still losing Shell, keep up the hard work...lets double that weight loss next week...hope you are better enough to go back to the gym etc...

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#117671 - 11/01/04 07:04 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Its great that you are still losing Shell, keep up the hard work...lets double that weight loss next week...hope you are better enough to go back to the gym etc...

Sinead

Double it? How about TRIPLE it!! hehehe I'm really gonna work hard this week to make up for the small lose!! Thanks for the TOUGH LOVE!!

--------------------

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!! N/T new
      #117677 - 11/01/04 08:01 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

NEW MEASUREMENTS new
      #117921 - 11/01/04 11:16 PM
Shell Marr

NEW MEASUREMENTS

--------------------

THIS WEEKS WEIGH IN new
      #119444 - 11/05/04 10:18 PM
Shell Marr

**I LOST ONE POUND THIS WEEK!!**

That makes a total of 62 pounds in 22 weeks.... I have already reached my FIRST goal which was to lose 40 pounds by (10/15/04) which was the beginning of IBS Fall Sprawl 2004. My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 pounds for a total of 60 still by (10/15/04) which I did. Now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 pounds for a total of 80 by (1/31/05). Only 18 more to go!

You can see my daily report in on the " Vegas " board.....along with many others who post about what they are doing as well. It's NOT just for weight loss.....we will be planning Fall Sprawl 2005 soon also

--------------------

#119527 - 11/06/04 11:28 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Been reading your posts and can I say that I really admire your strength and determination. Good luck and you keep going. That is so awesome!

Re: Shell, you are such an inspiration...... new
      #119645 - 11/06/04 09:42 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I know you are going to do this, when you have a weak moment, just remember how sick you were when you and Shane went on that trip to SanFran! I felt to sorry for you, shortly after that you decided to be a looser , and you have come so far!!! Wow!!! I am so proud of you, keep on going!!! Thinking of you! !!

#121243 - 11/12/04 09:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Been reading your posts and can I say that I really admire your strength and determination. Good luck and you keep going. That is so awesome!

Wow...thanks so much! Sorry I did not see your post sooner... I always check this thread on Friday's as that is my weigh in day I'm not sure how I will do tonight....only time will tell....about 9 hours from now I jump on that silly scale!

--------------------

Re: Shell, you are such an inspiration...... new
      #121244 - 11/12/04 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I know you are going to do this, when you have a weak moment, just remember how sick you were when you and Shane went on that trip to SanFran! I felt to sorry for you, shortly after that you decided to be a looser , and you have come so far!!! Wow!!! I am so proud of you, keep on going!!! Thinking of you! !!

Hi honey...sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for reminding me of SanFran.... that really WAS my breaking point...and NEVER AGAIN will I ever let myself get there!! Thanks again for ALL your support... you've always been there for me....{{hugs}} Weigh in is tonight..... wish me luck!

--------------------

THIS WEEKS WEIGH IN new
      #123853 - 11/19/04 11:42 PM
Shell Marr

**I LOST TWO POUNDS THIS WEEK!!**

That makes a total of 64 pounds in 24 weeks.... I have already reached my FIRST goal which was to lose 40 pounds by (10/15/04) which was the beginning of IBS Fall Sprawl 2004. My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 pounds for a total of 60 still by (10/15/04) which I did. Now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 pounds for a total of 80 by (1/31/05). Only 16 more to go!

--------------------

Yay Shell n/t new
      #123859 - 11/20/04 01:36 AM
cailin

--------------------
S.

Woo hoo... Go Shell!! new
      #123912 - 11/20/04 07:29 AM
RachelT

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Yay Shell THANKS Sinead!! n/t new
      #124457 - 11/21/04 05:24 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: Woo hoo... Go Shell!!..... THANKS Rachel!! -nt- new
      #124458 - 11/21/04 05:24 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

#124545 - 11/22/04 05:44 AM
Angela E.

Way to go! Keep it up!

TODAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #129690 - 12/10/04 11:35 PM
Shell Marr

**I LOST THREE POUNDS!!**

*note: my last weigh in was Nov 19th.... so considering Shane's Bday Dinner, My Bday Lunch, My Bday Dinner, Thanksgiving, and Shane's Work Christmas Party Last weekend and taste testing all my Holiday baking... that is pretty darn good!!

That makes a total of 68 pounds in 27 weeks.... I have already reached my FIRST goal which was to lose 40 pounds by (10/15/04) which was the beginning of IBS Fall Sprawl 2004. My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 pounds for a total of 60 still by (10/15/04) which I did. Now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 pounds for a total of 80 by (1/31/05). Only 12 more to go!

--------------------

Re: Congratulations Shell! new
      #129692 - 12/10/04 11:39 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

You are doing SO well! You should be really proud of yourself. Not just for losing the weight but for achieving the goals you have set for yourself. Keep at it. You're obviously doing a fantastic job!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Congratulations Shell! new
      #129693 - 12/10/04 11:54 PM
Saje

Reged: 12/08/04
Loc: Canada

Hi Shell,
I don't really know you but I think that you're amazing. I've read through most of this post and you are so dedicated and determined. I'm impressed. That's the way to lose weight too. Not those horrible fad diets!
Good job.
Saje

Re: TODAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #129697 - 12/11/04 03:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

congrats.. thats wonderful

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Shell You're gonna Disappear! Congrats! -nt- new
      #129709 - 12/11/04 05:55 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Well done Shell!!! You go girl!!! n/t new
      #129710 - 12/11/04 05:57 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: That's AWESOME! Soon it will be bikini time!!! -nt- new
      #129713 - 12/11/04 06:43 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

TODAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #136251 - 01/07/05 10:25 PM
Shell Marr

I GAINED FOUR POUNDS (now a total of 64 lost since May 28th) *note: my last weigh in was Dec 10th.... so considering two Christmas Parties, Christmas, Christmas Eve, taste testing all my Holiday baking, & New Years Eve... I'm not at all surprised!

I have already reached my FIRST goal that was to lose 40 pounds by Fall Sprawl! My SECOND goal is to lose an additional 20 for a total of 60 by Fall Sprawl.... which I did.

And now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 for a total of 80 by January 31, 2005... I still have another 16 to go and only 3 weeks to get there…. so, I'm not really counting on that happening as that would be an average of 5 pounds a week and that is just NOT healthy nor likely. I will just set another goal at the end of the month and I will be back on track no problem…I have faith in myself!

--------------------

You're such a wonderful inspiration, Shell. new
      #136270 - 01/08/05 06:49 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

What a great attitude you have. Can I ask you something? What do you think of that makes you stick with your diet and accomplish what you have? During weak moments or times of disillusionment, how do you stick with it?

Re: You're such a wonderful inspiration, Shell. new
      #136303 - 01/08/05 10:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What a great attitude you have. Can I ask you something? What do you think of that makes you stick with your diet and accomplish what you have? During weak moments or times of disillusionment, how do you stick with it?

Well, for starters.... I might have to add more later as I'm getting Shane ready to leave on Monday morning (laundry, packing etc)

• Sex is better
  • IBS attacks are FAR and FEW!!!!!
  • I can stand to look at myself in the mirror (I LIKE to look now)
  • I've added 10+ years to my life (Both Shane & I are in better shape then we have been in 15+ years)
  • I no longer spend the weekends on the couch (mostly sleeping)
  • I WANT to go to the gym
  • I can wear smaller clothes
  • I can walk faster (and not be sweating and our of breath all the time)
  • NOT YET - But WILL be able to wear shorts IN PUBLIC soon
  • I'm an inspiration to others
  • My DR is proud of me and thinks I should write a book
  • When I feel crappy and don't wanna go to the gym I just look at our "before & after" pics that does the trick RESULTS are visable

--------------------

Re: Thanks Shell, you make me want to get up and move !! new
      #136311 - 01/08/05 10:27 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Though I don't feel like it, and who really does when they are so sick from eating the wrong foods, the ones that love to make us gain weight.

I have a terrible case of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis, my bones are almost to the point of flaking. I know that I have to start weight bearing exercise and do it every day to help myself get stronger and my bones stronger. I have started to watch my calories, and,I am getting off to a very slow start. But, I am moving around, getting some walking in. I walked the mall yesterday when I had to make a return. It did not feel good, my muscles and bones did not want to move in unison, they havne't had to for a very long time. I came home and had to lay on a heating pad for 2 hours to get relief in my hip and leg. But, by the time we went to dinner, I was feeling so much better. And, I got up feeling better this morning. So, I guess that sometimes there is truth to the rumor, No Pain, No Gain !!

Sorry this is long, and I know you are busy with Shane today, I just want you to know you are such an inspritation for me too honey!!! Thank you, and keep up the hard work.

FRIDAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #141885 - 01/24/05 10:11 AM
Shell Marr

NO LOSS NO GAIN (STILL a total of 64 lost since May 28th) *note: my last weigh in was Jan 7th.... I may not have lost anything, but my body fat % has gone down, so that means I've gained muscle!

I have already reached my FIRST goal that was to lose 40 pounds by Fall Sprawl! My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 for a total of 60 by Fall Sprawl.... which I did.

And now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 for a total of 80 by January 31, 2005... I still have another 16 to go and only 10 days to get there…. so, I know that will not be happening....but I'm ok with that.... I'll sit down and try to figure out the next realistic goal and I will post that soon....as of right now, I'm just glad I did not gained and I CAN see "physically" that I'm still reducing in size, so this is all good.

--------------------

Re: FRIDAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #141893 - 01/24/05 10:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

WOW!! Your doing GREAT! Keep up the good work!!

I'm on a mission to loose more pounds before I get pregnant! I've lost 3 since last Thursday!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: FRIDAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #141910 - 01/24/05 10:50 AM
Angela E.

Great Job Shell on maintaining and gaining muscle! Keep it up!

Michele- 3lbs is great for only a couple of days!!!

FRIDAY WAS WEIGH IN DAY!! new
      #144162 - 01/29/05 05:35 PM
Shell Marr

I LOST THREE POUNDS THIS WEEK (So that is a total of 67 lost since May 28th)

I have already reached my FIRST goal that was to lose 40 pounds by Fall Sprawl! My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 for a total of 60 by Fall Sprawl.... which I did.

And now my THIRD goal is to lose another 20 for a total of 80 by January 31, 2005... I still have another 13 to go and only 2 days to get there…. so, I know that will not be happening....but I'm ok with that.... I'll sit down and try to figure out the next realistic goal and I will post that soon....as of right now, I CAN see "physically" that I'm still reducing in size, and my body fat % keeps going, so this is all good.

--------------------

Congratulations! Good luck with your new goal!-nt- new
      #144225 - 01/29/05 11:22 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16364

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review