All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Frisky as a monk, here. new
      #116294 - 10/27/04 10:11 AM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

-hadn't heard about that! I know that Wellbutrin (an antidepressant) does the same. I'm on Effexor (for the anxiety features, as well).

But, with my chronic depression, I'm still waiting for the "second wind." What's a depressive to do???

Bob.

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nelly/ heather robin new
      #117067 - 10/29/04 01:18 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Why I don't like Philly. For some odd reason everytime I go there something bad or strange happens. I've had my friends car broken into, I always see cars on fire on the highways, bad accidents, etc. And I really don't go there that often. I did work with some girls who live/lived there and they understood how it can be a love hate relationship. I have been to a few cities in my travels and it is hard to explain but there is just something that I either love or don't. I loved L.A. didn't care for San Fran or San Diego. D.C. just depressed me. My sister and I fell in love with London. I lived in Richmond which took some getting used to, being from Penna. I am sure Philly has its good points I would just rather let someone else explore them.

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: nelly/ heather robin new
      #117102 - 10/29/04 03:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I hung out at the Trocadero in the mid to late 1980's and the whole prog scene in Philly scared me. This is when we'd have to trek up to New York to buy Doc Martens (or London!), cos DC didn't have them yet. DC was dead as for the punk scene, with Bad Brains, the Subhumans, TSOL, Fugazi, and sometimes Agent Orange being the only bands who bothered to frequent DC. So it was roadtrip, roadtrip. We'd see Skinny Puppy, Trent Reznor and Ministry in Ohio, the Dead Milkmen (don't laugh), Mojo Nixon, and the Butthole Surfers in Philly, and the rest, the A-bands like the Cramps, the Ramones, Adam Ant and all the others in NY. I did also go to the Electric Banana (?) in Pittsburgh, which was depressing, but Philly really got to me.

I dunno, it was the standard of living, the blue collar hopelessness, the whole giving up on the American Dream that got to me. Not as bad as Scranton, mind you, but sort of an industrialized city which hadn't modernized and the people I met were kind of hopeless, and aspired to be mechanics and managers at Wendys. It wasn't polite society either, like say, Virginia, where you can actually cruise into a liquor store and ask directions, and the bikers still call you ma'am.

I'm just rambling, and my impression of philly hasn't changed since the '80's cos of the simple fact that I never gave it a chance since, like '92. But like I said, I'm going back on the 21st, so I just might get a totally different impression this time around!

Please don't think I'm critical. I don't hate Philly. Really I don't.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2274

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review