All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
New Happy Dance...... a more timely one. Please share your own!
      #113327 - 10/15/04 09:39 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Today I am thankful for.....

RUCHIE
because she is one of the spunkiest fighters I've ever known and I would be proud to consider her a sister at heart. She's always positive and her heart is so big you can feel it through the computer! SMOOCHIES to Ruchie! We're going to do it together, girl. And who knows? At somepoint maybe we'll all relocate somewhere close to one another and we can literally cry on one another's sholders!

I am thankful for Ambien (of which I have obtained 1 legal and 2 blackmarket prescriptions) and for the sleep I will be getting for the next month while my insurance woes work their way out.

i am thankful for my favorite friend in NY and her strength and sass through migraines and fibro and all kinda of weirdisms that those bring. also for LS' bravery in a life that may not be storybook, but has her living with her soulmate in a city she loves!

i am thankfull for my bbB who is so blissfully happy in her new home I hardly hear a peep out of her! She and Don must be lovin' it up there and I also happen to have the secret knowledge of what beverage Ms bbB is able to enjoy from time to time now. Happy for that cuppa, bbB!

also happy for my dear, dear friend TaraBara-- off at Stanford and having what sounds to me to be an excellent time. Health being worked out maybe not as quickly as we'd hoped, but still making progress and SHE'S AWAY AT COLLEGE! It brings tears to my eyes to think about that, as sick as she was this Spring and summer. YOU GO GIRL!

i am thankful for the crisp smell of Atumn air.

i am thankful for the bottle of chocolate-scented lotion i was given today. YIPPIE!

i am thankful for the 3 pumpkin spice Godiva truffles i was also given today.

i am happy for newly-married Linzy and Simon with their new house and ickle garden. i am happy for the voice of reason she always is, and for the compassion she shows all of us IBSers and Fibromites alike. My UK Guardian Angel!

i am very happy that i will be sleeping this weekend. YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

i am happy that i got some lovely Indian food for dinner and he hooked me up with extras in my doggie bag 'cause he thinks i'm cute! (free dessert, too!)

i am happy that i am getting a pretty pedicure tomorrow.

i am happy that it's time to pull the fall clothes out and start wearing them. MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!

and of course, soon: HALLOWEEN. what's not Happy there!?

and most of all I am happy that the Mexican Day of the Dead is coming up. The world's most beautiful holiday.

i am happy as all get out that the election is coming soon and people actually seem interested in having their opinions counted! GO AMERICA!

and last but not least.... i am very, very no real words for it happy for very tall, smart, funny men with mysterious jobs who talk to me online and say sweet and stupid and hysterical things, even if our schedules prohibit actually hanging out!

SO..... as always, I ask: WHAT ARE YOU HAPPY AND THANKFUL FOR RIGHT THIS MINUTE!?!?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww, wow Jen! Thank you! That just made my day! - nt new
      #113340 - 10/16/04 04:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: New Happy Dance...... a more timely one. Please share your own! new
      #113341 - 10/16/04 04:23 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

what a great list...

I am thankful to have found this board and the people on it...

I am thankful for my friends- in person and not...

I am thankful my parents visit is over tonight

I am thankful that we may have found a house to buy, now if only this one will finish getting cleaned up (should be done) and we can SELL it fast!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Gratitude new
      #113342 - 10/16/04 04:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I am thankful for family. We all have our little differences and quirks, but they are the absolute epitome of unconditional love and unending support. And we all get along! LOL For that alone, I feel truly blessed.

I am thankful for the new house, of course! But specifically, eating my breakfast on a soft squishy couch (which we didn't have room for in the apartment), in a room turned pink by sunlight through stained-glass windows... cooking in an actual kitchen... the DISHWASHER!!... and the peace, quiet, and lack of stress now that we don't have neighbors above and below us!

I am thankful that the roof is finished! No more hammering at 8am!

I am thankful for the cozy pink WOOL bathrobe that we found in a thrift store this past week for $3. I finally am not freezing all the time!

Every time I start or finish a project, I am thankful for my ability to make things... things I want, gifts for other people, following a pattern or making an original design. I believe that everyone is creative, it just needs to be cultivated - I am also thankful that my parents chose to cultivate that in me at an early age, because that love of creating (and the belief and confidence that I'm good at it) has never left me.

I am thankful for soft tissues. (Cussed cold!)

I am thankful for Lexapro, which has seriously changed my life.

I am thankful for Yogi teas (redbush chai, vanilla hazelnut, jamaican roast), Luna bars, spaghetti sauce, bagels with cashew butter, and all the myriad other things I can finally eat again. After living on chicken and plain pasta for so many months, every bite of real food feels like a blessing.

I am thankful for Adam, of course!

And on that note, I'm thankful for good sex.

I am thankful that it's fall - my favorite time of year - I love everything about it, from the crisp cold air, to Halloween and Thanksgiving, to pumpkins and the smell of apples in the air, to the gorgeous colors.

I am happy that it's sweater weather!!

I am thankful and happy to be in Maine. The past year of my life, despite the health problems, has been the happiest personally that I've ever known. I know that in some respects, my life has been a fairytale, and sometimes I still can't believe I'm here.

I am happy for the happiness of my friends, two of whom have also found the sort of happiness I've found in the past year.

I am happy to know and thankful for all of you... I seriously don't know how I would have gotten through the last 4 months without you.

I am thankful for Rachel (BeckyT), because finding a kindred spirit, someone with whom you just connect, is such a rare thing, especially for me. *HUGS* to you, Rachel!

...and there's probably a hundred other things I'm thankful for and happy about right now. Life is good, and for that I'm really grateful.

My Happy Dance...... new
      #113343 - 10/16/04 04:29 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Today I am thankful for.....

JenX, who just made my day by saying what she did! And for all the help and laughs she has given me since I found this place. Love ya girlie!

Ruchie, for her friendship and her bravery. You make me smile even though you've been through SOOO much and you're always trying to help people. You're a knockout! I really can't wait till you start to feel better. You deserve so much love and happiness in your life. [And I love Jen's idea - we should have one place where we all can live!]

My darling husband Simon, who's doing his best with all this crap I've landed on him. He's not perfect and he still doesn't know how to cope with all this, but he loves me and he makes me feel great.

My house, which although it is a mess that still needs loads of stuff doing to it and is costing a fortune, it's OURS and it will be fantastic.

My new discovery that aromatherapy can really help Fibro.

The chocolate Tofutti ice cream that I found at a new health food shop yesterday! I haven't had ice cream for YEARS!

The health food shop I found yesterday that has so much stuff and really nice staff who let you use their loo!

That my Mum's coming to visit today and is bringing our dog (who's been staying with her as she's not working atm and I am) who we really miss.

Last night's sleep, which was BLISS. Saturday morning's when I can lie in (the Fibro has the control!) are heavenly.

Having made it to a friend's birthday dinner last night even though I felt like death yesterday. I didn't even fall to sleep during the movie we all went to afterwards! Yay to being able to do things with Simon and friends!

How much I enjoy life despite all the pain.

The warm bath which is waiting for me right now, courtesy of Simon. Thinking of which, I'm outta here!

Love you guys!

Re: My Happy Dance!!!! new
      #113354 - 10/16/04 07:01 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

This is a wonderfull idea!!!

I am thankfull for these boards and all the wonderfull people I have met on them!! YOU guys are the BEST!!!

I am thankfull for my daughter who is the light and joy of my world. ( and somtimes the pull your hair out frustration LOL)

I am thankfull for my wonderfull Hubby!! I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderfull man!!

I am thankfull for felling better!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thankfull for losing weight!!!

I am thankfull for my grandparents. The most wonderfull people in the world. I am so lucky to have them!!!

I am thankfull my home and the fact that we are doing well!!!

I am thankfull it is finnaly FALL!!!!

I am thankfull for Amber who made my day with such a wonderfull post!!!

I am thankfull for all my friends in person and on the boards and for my family!!! ( my cousin Shannon in perticular)

I could go on and on. I am in a much better mood already just for thinking of everything I have been blessed with!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#113362 - 10/16/04 08:07 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMGosh I'm thankful for so much!

I'm thankful that my husband and two children and I are healthy.
I'm thankful for my wonderful house and wonderful neighbors.
I'm thankful for my catholic upbringing and that I believe there is a God who helps anyone who needs it.
I'm thankful for Kohl's (a recent shopping store that opened up near my house). They have the best clothes.
I'm thankful that I have a job that I like.
I'm thankful for my sister, who is my best friend. My mother and father who raised me correctly. I don't do drugs, smoke and don't drink. (Of course I used to have an occasional mud slide or pina colada in the days that my IBS wasn't around.)So I simply don't drink because of that.
I'm thankful for this board of course and the people on it. YOU ARE THE BEST .
I'm thankful for wipies cause they make my hiney feel good after a bout of IBS.
I'm thankful for freedom of choice in a wonderful country.
I'm thankful that I have the BEST husband in the world.
and last......I'm thankful that Bentyl has started working for me again. I've felt wonderful on it!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#113373 - 10/16/04 08:43 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Jen your happiness is contagious! YAY!

Ok, I am happy for:

- It being the weekend and being able to sleep in late today and tomorrow! YES!

- The beautiful Fall leaves and finally being able to wear warm comfy sweaters again.

- Being able to finally eat way more things (even sneaking in pizza!!)

- My anti-depressant!!!

- Good doctors who care about helping me.

- This web site and all the amazing people on it.

- All my friends that make me so happy and content. A warm, genuine hug can cure almost anything!

- My cat who I absolutely ADORE! (Sara)

- Good books, movies and shopping!

- I could go on and on and don't want to miss anything but this is making me realize that things aren't so bad, now, are they!

Tina

#113384 - 10/16/04 09:55 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

You're so good at these Jen!

I am thankful for so much too.....

#1 of course - my savior Jesus for all he went through for my life and my sins.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who treats me with so much respect and warmth.

My family who loves me unconditionally - my sister for her wisdom and sense of humor, and my little baby brother for his love and his adorable smile.

My puppy Rocco!! As much as he has been an incredible pain lately, I love him to death and wouldn't trade him for the world.

My awesome neighbors - I love this neighborhood!

My new house, my new car!!! I finally have a car that WORKS!

My new job with L'Bri, and the awesome skin products I found!

Laffy Taffy and Gobstoppers

Warm sweaters and sweatshirts for these beautiful fall days - my favorite season!

This board for completely changing my life and helping me be 'normal' again! You are all such an amazing and wonderful group of people - heck I talk about you so much my husband knows some of you by first name! LOL.

Clorox wet wipes - LOL. Yeah I am a clean freak and these are so nice to clean with! No more comet and water!

And last but not least.............

Michele for becoming such a great 'e-mail' friend who I can talk about anything to, and who is GOING to get pregnant at the same time as I do......SOON.

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Doin my HAPPY DANCE! new
      #113385 - 10/16/04 10:36 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Everyone,

Thanks Jen for this post. It was great to hear you are doing so well and are thankful for so many things.

First of all I am so thankful for my awesome family: My wonderful hubby, my "made-mom-proud" sons and one DIL that's the light of my life and about to have my grandbaby soon. AND, my Mom, that I adore!

I am thankful for finding this site and all the wonderful people on it that have come to be my friends. I check the boards daily to see how everyone is doing. I especially cherish, Bevvy, who has become my adopted sister and confidant.

I am thankful for all my relatives, friends & neighbors that all bring me joy in one way or another.

I am thankful for my dog Rusty who has been my pal for 12 years.

I am thankful for every day that I feel good.

I am thankful for making it 60 yrs on this earth and having a lot of wonderful experiences during that time.

I am thankful that at this time in my life I am finally financially secure and can enjoy my home and flower gardens.

I am thankful that I can curl up with my blankie that smells like Snuggle fabric softner and watch a favorite TV program.

I am thankful that I am fortunate enough to live in a free and prosperous Country.

There are a lot of other things, too, but I'll stop for now.

Have a great day
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review