All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Anybody else have a problem with acne?
      #113097 - 10/14/04 07:22 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I never had a big problem with acne till I went off BC. Now my face is almost always broke out!! They painfull acne to. They last for weeks!! Anybody have any suggestions? I am using Mary Kay face wash. I have tried Clinque and Avon. Nothing seems to work!! It is all on my chin and forhead. Sorry to be gross but they are huge and deep. I was just wondering if ya'll had some tips!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Me too Heather! new
      #113103 - 10/14/04 07:43 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yep, I stopped BC in August and my face is having issues!!! I don't normaly breakout either. I was one of the lucky girls who almost never had a breakout. And if I did it was only one tiny one!!! The first time I really brokeout was 4 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my daughter (also a very hard pregnancy) I believe its all the hormones!

I sell Avon and use there acne astringent pads. They do help!! I try not to use make up such as foundation, powder of blush on my face. Those can aggrivate the breakout!

I think when the hormones get back to normal the breakouts will end.

Then again....who know in my case, I'm trying to get pregnant....so I might just have them for a while.

What BC pill where you using? I was on ortho-try-cyclen. I know that pill helps with acne....so maybe its a combo of hormones and the pill!

Good luck to you, and if I find anything that works wonders I'll let you know.

p.s. I've been tempted to try the Proactiv acne treatment....have you seen that stuff before???

--------------------

Re: Me too Heather! new
      #113106 - 10/14/04 08:54 PM
heather7476

Hey Steph
I have been off the pill for a year! I am also trying to get pregnant. At least I am not alone in the acne area. I never had a problem in high school but man do I feel like a teenager now with all this acne. I bought Proactiv I have had for a couple months and have not used it. I got the same time I relized I had IBS so it has just been sitting there. I am thinking it is time to give it a try. It has like five steps and I just haven't found the time to deal with all that. I may give it a go this weekend. I will let you kow how it goes!! I was taking trilevlin. I was on it from the age of 16 till 24 then went off to have Kenna. I had been back on it for two and half years then went off to get pregnant again! Now I am having trouble getting pregnant!
Thanks!! Good Luck !!

--------------------
Heather7476

#113164 - 10/15/04 06:18 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Hey Heather...I SWEAR by ProActiv. It works. Give it a shot if you haven't.

--------------------
~jules

Re: Anybody else have a problem with acne? new
      #113171 - 10/15/04 06:40 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey H! I used to go to the dermotologist for my skin, but the scrubs were painful, and the peels made my skin even worse! I had the usual reactions to the antibiotics, and to make it worse my skin was so photosensitive as a result I got sun poisoning just driving my car to work!

Instead, I started going to get facials, and they really cleared up my skin and were much nicer than those nightly scrubs. Now I go about once a month and get pampered with a facial. They do extraction too, and the proceedure leaves my face looking great for weeks.

No doubt, hormones play a huge part! I changed my makeup to one that dries to a powder, so my face won't have that oily nasty stuff on it all day. It's been a complection saver! I use loreal mattique, which can be hard to find, but is worth it in my book.

~nelly~

Oohh .... my topic! :) new
      #113180 - 10/15/04 06:54 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

So I started a new job - I'm selling L'Bri skincare/makeup. I got a facial from them and couldn't believe it! So I signed up right away, I love that kind of stuff. Anyways, these products are unreal! My husband could tell the difference when I got home, and I felt awesome....
Mary Kay uses a lot of water and mineral oils in their products - that is suicide for the skin! L'Bri uses aloevera for the base of all it's products.
I could go on and on.....and I'm not trying to sell you anything, but look for products that don't list 'water' or 'mineral oil' as their first ingredient! If you want to check out some L'Bri products go to:
L'Bri

--------------------
~Cara~

#113185 - 10/15/04 07:09 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah girls, I'm in the same boat! I have always had acne prone skin but had it under somewhat of control when I was on the ortho trycyclin and using differin cream from the dermatologist. As all of you know, I'm also trying to get pregnant and my face has been awful! I usually use all nutrogena products but I'm thinking about checking out the stuff Cara is selling now, I haven't had a chance to look at her web site yet but plan to check it out!

As far as the pregnancy thing goes, where is everyone at? Seems like most of us in this thread are trying! I got a positive opk (thats ovulation predictor kits for those not familair with the lingo) on Wednesday. Hubby and I have been bding (bed dancing, aka SEX! ) every night since Tuesday and will again tonight so I know my timing is great! I have decided if I don't get my BFP (big fat positive pregnancy test) this month, I'm calling the dr and asking for chlomed! So, basically, I'm in the dreaded 2WW!! (2 week wait to test) I'll have to start using the progesterone tomorrow, ick, but I'll do whatever it takes!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Oohh .... my topic! :) new
      #113186 - 10/15/04 07:11 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I love oil free stuff! I can't do Mary Kay or Avon. My skin is sensitive to yhem and to perfumes. My nose can't take all those fragrances either. Aloe is great, but it expires quickly! I once had to get cortisone shots (!!!) because my skin turned purple from an expired aloe product. And the aloe gel I had used was only from the last summer!!!!! Now I'm safe rather than sorry, and I buy as I go.

~nelly~

L'Bri new
      #113194 - 10/15/04 07:28 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

L'Bri is all oil-free and fragrance free. All natural - no aritifical colors either. There are about 300 different aloe plants in the world - only 4 of them are good for our skin! Aloe Barbadensis Miller is the kind used in our products. We sell bottles that are a 3 month supply - if you use them according to the instructions of course! They really are amazing, I will never use anything else! The aloe helps a ton with wrinkles, aging, acne, dryness, oily skin, sun spots, etc. I really love the stuff, I wouldn't have signed up so fast to sell it if I didn't! (I get a discount now on all the products - yay!)

--------------------
~Cara~

#113201 - 10/15/04 07:51 AM
heather7476

Hey Michele
It's great to know I am not the only one with adult acne UUUGGG!! I am 7 to 9 days from P. I am hoping this is the month or I will probbly be on Chlomed right along with ya!!
I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5360

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review