All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Aloe gel expiring new
      #113295 - 10/15/04 04:37 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm sorry you had that awful experience! I can't imagine my foot turning purple!!!! Was it painful?
I guess the lesson is - don't use expired aloe! Don't use expired anything, really
The green gel is not pure aloe either - it has coloring added and the entire plant is mixed into it.
I don't blame you for not trusting the stuff anymore!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: About aloe and these products! new
      #113314 - 10/15/04 07:04 PM
puddytat55

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: New Jersey-dont laugh!

That was very interesting information about "water being the first ingredient in skin care products"! I'm very happy i didn't buy this Avon Anew product I almost bought. I have always used aloe for skin burns and sunburn & dry skin on my legs, but never thought of putting it on my face! An interesting idea...thanks for the tip-I will dousing my wrinkles with my Aloe Gel this evening!

--------------------
Puddytat55-I tawt I taw a puddytat!

PROACTIVE. no joke. it's a miracle worker.-nt- new
      #113328 - 10/15/04 09:40 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: Anybody else have a problem with acne? new
      #113332 - 10/16/04 01:04 AM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

Proactive is the best! I swear by that stuff!! Tea tree oil extract directly on the pimples works great. Warm compress on the face. Check out the Acne Perscription book by Pericone. I think that's the spelling. Good luck. I have compassion for you, i've been there many times. Also you can ask your dermatologist to inject a solution in the painful bigger ones and it will be gone in three days.

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

Read this! new
      #113381 - 10/16/04 09:17 AM
Cara4503

Aloe

It'll explain more about the aloe in these products - careful which aloe products you put on your face - they have to be completely natural with NO artifical colors/fragrances. I won't ever use products with 'water' as the first ingredient again!

--------------------
~Cara~

ProActive or Mary Kay Velocity new
      #113388 - 10/16/04 10:56 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Re: ProActive or Mary Kay Velocity new
      #113390 - 10/16/04 11:43 AM
Cara4503

I just want to say to be careful with those products. ProActive is ok for RIGHT NOW to take care of blemishes, but it's awful for your skin long-term. The main ingredient is water! It completely dries out your skin. Also - if you are allergic to fragrances, it does contain them. And it contains sorbital! It has aloe in it - but a VERY small amount, much more water.
Also - the lotion for ProActive contains cetearyl alcohol - this dissolves the body's own natural moisturizers and strips the skin of it's own protection! It leaves your skin vulnerble to infection. Alcohols in skin care products destroy the skin's pH balance and since they absorb water (moisture), speed up wrinkling.

Like I said, it's good for a 'quick-fix', but I would never use that stuff, let alone for long term fixing.

--------------------
~Cara~

Avon new
      #113437 - 10/16/04 05:50 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I sell Avon, And use the Anew Retroactive! I love the stuff. I know that's not why I'm having a breakout, because I've been using the stuff for a couple of years now.

I have tons of women who buy the Anew products. Especially the new Anew Clinical line and wrinkle corrector. These women love it. They buy it time and time again. I think everyone responds differently to products!

I do think I'll give the proactiv a try. Seems like it has work for a lot of you guys!

--------------------

All of you who do use Proactive....??? new
      #113438 - 10/16/04 05:52 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

What system did you buy? I was looking at their website and I don't know what system to buy. Are you buying the 3 step system???

Thanks for you advice!

--------------------

Re: Anybody else have a problem with acne? new
      #113474 - 10/16/04 06:47 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

You might want to talk to your doctor about it. I have no suggestions other than treat your face as gently as possible and try something designed for sensitive skin. Maybe something from the health food store? Also, you might wash your sheets in a detergent for sensitive skin.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review