All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Jen, Linz, LS, Tissy, and all...is this fibro I'm experiencing or somehting else?
      #113052 - 10/14/04 04:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So the docs are swtiching my medsa nd I'm on NOTHING For the pain for now. I'm in SO MUCH PAIN, HELLO! If thos docs knew how I felt they'd surely be quicker about doing things o help I believe. I bought some booties last night and they're warm and cozy. I'm just so cold...and we live in Arizona!!!

I am finding I need things to make me feel cozy and warm. Feeling socold and achy all the time...I'm finding I have crvings for soup. anyone else have that? I always want to be wrapped in a blankie, wearing booties, heating pad on, plus hot water bottle, a pillow to squeeze......is this normal?

What do y'all do to cheer yourselves up AND to make sure you get the relaxaion you need?

Do any of you notice that when you look at a keyboard it's kinda hard to see the leters sometimes...like when you got 5 hours or less of sleep the night before? Is that whats fibro fog is? Part of it I maen?

My insurance doesn't cover massage. Ay ideas? Do any of you use the message rollers you find at like Bath and Body? Do they help? What else can I do being low on funds...it hurts SO BAD!

ANYTHING you do to cope with pain and to help you sleep...I'm all ears! Or just things you've tried that worked. or whatever.

The more I know the more I can croack that frog far, far away..outta my bay!

Love you guys! *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jen, Linz, LS, Tissy, and all...is this fibro I'm experiencing or somehting else? new
      #113060 - 10/14/04 04:49 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Ruchie~

I have family in Prescott, AZ and its so weird to visit in the winter 'cause it'll be 80 degrees at the airport in Phoenix and snowing when I get to their house ...

I'm not familiar with all the fibro-symptoms, but I wanted to throw out some input. When I get chilled, it's really hard for me to warm up again. I will turn the heat up and bundle in lots of clothes and blankets so I look like a big ball of fluff. But I find that it makes me more cold if I have to get myself out of the blankets, so I try to take a hot shower (not bath 'cause the water gets too cold too quick unless you keep adding) instead. Showers always warm me up. Just make sure that your bathroom is heated as well, or it defeats the purpose It also helps me to drink something hot or eat some soup.

For cheering up, I like to do arts and crafts. I am making a scrapbook right now for my mom. I go through the house and find all the scissors, glue, paper, pens, pencils, markers, glitter, etc. pile it up on the bed or the floor or the coffee table (I never work at kitchen tables - uncomfortable! ), and go to work! It really helps me relax, and I'm usually doing something for someone else, which is nice.

For me, the keyboard usually starts to blur if I've been looking at the monitor for too long. If I were to define "foggy" that would be one of the things, but like I said, I don't have fibro (don't think, anyway). Also, I have a hard time concentrating, like my mind is literally drifting away from whatever I'm working on ... very new and weird feeling.

Hope some of the others can give you some help with the pain and sleeping part. I still don't have the sleeping thing down myself.

P.S. My ex-aunt was from Iran, and once when we went to the movies she confused us in the car by saying, "The windows are fugged up!" It took us a minute to figure out she meant fogged up - we always laugh about that now. Everything's all fugged up!!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Oh Sweetie! new
      #113082 - 10/14/04 06:02 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Haven't those docs messed with you enough! I am always cold too Ruchie and everyone else is usually sweating. But I don't care if i am the only one bundled up like it is winter at least I am warm and cozy which helps keep the achies away. Soups and everything warm and cozy is normal. Some Fibro patients get the reverse sweats.

i do my favorite thing to relax read a book and snuggle up, or sleep (at least try), or watch some TV lying in bed. Or take a nice hot bath or shower with soothing sounds playing. Whatever works for you, pamper yourself right now you need it.

The keyboard thing doesn't happen to me but Fibro can tend to make your vision blurry according to my doc and some articles I read. So don't worry this to is normal.

As far as massages go i am low on funds to and my insurance won't cover. However I find my hubby is a really good massager but i don't know how skilled your hubby is. But let him give it a try it also something a little bit intimate to do w/ him since I know you said you can't be to intimate right now.

As far as pain and sleep go try Extra Strength Tylenol for pain. For sleep try two Benadryl or generic Benadryl before bed. Laura Sue recommended both to me and they really do help. I also drink a cup of Sleepy Time tea by Celestial Seasonings before bed which helps. It has Valerian in it which is an herb that helps induce sleep. You can also get Valerian in pill form, my hubby took it when he dislocated disc in back and had trouble sleeping. Do some research on it before you take, maybe check with doc to make sure okay for you.

And as always you are in my prayers. I hope you get relief soon. By the way where did you live before Arizona? Just curious. Feel better girlfriend!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Jen, Linz, LS, Tissy, and all...is this fibro I'm experiencing or somehting else? new
      #113119 - 10/15/04 02:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hot drinks, hot baths -try ginger and marjoram essential oils, soup, blankets, thick socks, slippers, fleecvy hats. Or a glass of red wine!

And yes, I get the blurry vision too.It;s a sign for me that I'm too tired and should be in bed. A bummer when it happens at work!

hey all fibromites! new
      #113323 - 10/15/04 08:53 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

just want to throw out that taking things like Benadryl and over the counter sleep aids have been proven to actually PREVENT stage 4 sleep, which is what the fibromyalgics need. STAGE 4, people, that's what you want in the sleeptimes!!!!

Recent studies are showing that when a fibro patient is hooked up to all the contraptions in a sleep study, there are distinct spikes of awake-like brain activity when the brain reaches stage 4 (the time when your brain and body focus on repairing you on a cellular level and even smaller...) When these spikes occur, your brain is jolted out of Stage 4. This is the important sleep level! Without stage 4 sleep on a few nights in a row even non-fibro patients show fibro-like symptoms: pain, achiness, confusion, clummsiness, forgetfullness, variable heat responses, exhaustion.... Sound familiar?

Be really careful of drugs that are sold as otc sleep aids. most of the time the ingredients are the same as what's found in Benedryl and NyQuil, both of which prevent stage 4 sleep.

i, personally, am all about the Ambien. Those babies knock you right into about 4-6 hours of blissful stage 4 sleep. *sigh*

--------------------

Re: hey all fibromites! new
      #113339 - 10/16/04 04:13 AM
Linz

Oh yeah! The antihistamines my doc suggested were KILLING me! Be v.careful.

Hey all...parents are in for weekend... new
      #113499 - 10/17/04 12:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have just gone ando verdone it this weekend...and they're here all week. I just can't seem to set milimts for myself

Thahnks for all the replies and suggestions...and Jen, I hav no clue about the over the counter stuf...that expalins why my doc told me he thought it was fibro when unisom didn't help me sleep!

off to dream land so i can hopefyllu ve fresh tom...wish me good stage 4 sleep!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Chill out sweetie! new
      #113503 - 10/17/04 03:24 AM
Linz

Overdoing it is bad, believe me! I've been crapped out for a week after having visitors for a w/e. It's not worth it - chill out!

And good luck on the sleep! I do so much better on my own than with antihistamines - they make me fall asleep quicker but my quality of sleep is then awful.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1597 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 751

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review