All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Here's his reaction for anyone following my guy drama! new
      #113111 - 10/14/04 09:21 PM
Bilbo

Reged: 07/27/04

Sara -

I'll be honest, I haven't read every bit of your story, but it reminds me of a time way back. I had two crushes at the time, one of them who showed some interest in return and the other who declared she only liked girls (this was high school, by the way, but I think it still pertains because we were mature for our age). Anyways, the second one took an immediate liking to me because I "calmed her down." She was continually depressed because she came out of the closet to a girl she thought had mutual feelings, but then, after she came out, wanted nothing to do with her - even as a friend. So, needless to say, she took it very hard.

Over the next few months we got closer and closer. We would go to stores and talk about which women were the cutest. We both agreed cuteness was better than hotness. When it came time for school dances and stuff like that, she always invited me.

I always had in the back of my mind, "If only she weren't gay...", but of course I never in a million years thought anything would come of it.

One day she started hinting around the subject of kissing me, just to see how she felt. I told her that I was OK with it, even though in reality it was something I only dreamt of, something I was much more than simply "OK" with. She even made a date for us where we would act like a normal straight couple and get dinner and a movie or something. At this point, we were so comfortable with each other we could have acted married and it would have seemed natural.

But when the date approached, she started getting second thoughts. Even just the kiss, even if it were a peck, didn't seem like as good of an idea. She just wanted the experience to say she had the experience and knew it, she knew she wouldn't become attracted to guys on the spot, sh just knew, deep inside her. So she realized that she would have been using me and came out with it. She said it wouldn't fit who she truly knew she was and would only accomplish using me. So, we left it at that and continued with our very close relationship.

My point is, maybe he is thinking to himself that the experience would be something, but at the same time he knows it just wouldn't work. He seems less sure of himself than my friend was - maybe it's just a matter of time before he realizes nothing will happen, and only then can he tell you the same.

If this helped, awesome, though I don't know the full story so maybe I'm being counter-productive...

- Bill

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Here's his reaction for anyone following my guy drama! new
      #113216 - 10/15/04 08:22 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing your story with me. That must have been so tough for you to go through. But it all boils down to one thing. If someone's gay then there's no changing their mind. Period. End of story.

I think I must have TOTALLY misread him and he is just a flirt but wasn't flirting with me. The fact that he reacted so badly and still doesn't want much to do with me is sad. If he secretly had even the tiniest feeling for me he wouldn't write me off like this. I must not be important to him AT ALL because he doesn't bother with me anymore. I've got big things on my mind so the very last thing I'm going to do is chase him down. What a waste of time!

Anyhow thanks again and have a good day!

Tina

He is really history now. new
      #113260 - 10/15/04 12:38 PM
Sara-Sage

It's Friday and I know he was here today. Not a peep from him at all when he used to be so sure to wish me a fantastic weekend. That's ok though as he is making WAY more out of this than he should have. It will be interesting if I happen to run into him in the next 2 months. I wonder if he'll run away!

It's funny becaus eon Wednesday he showed some signs of coming around. Guess not!

I'm still actually shocked that he can so easily completely write me off! Hmmm...

Re: He is really history now. new
      #113285 - 10/15/04 03:28 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..shows he wasn't worth it SS. You are SOOOO over him!

--------------------
S.

Re: He is really history now. new
      #113290 - 10/15/04 04:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh yes! Scott who?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review