Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nelly new
      #112929 - 10/14/04 08:11 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm sorry, Heather. This in no way:

#1 diminishes your poem
#2 means you shouldn't submit your work to reputable publications thet *don't* charge you $50 to publish your work.

It was 8 years ago. You know better now!! I worked as an editor and journalist for 12 years, and I've always hated what these creeps do to people's trust. The NLP in particular (now the "international" library of poetry) is one of the worst.

~nelly~

Re: Nelly new
      #112931 - 10/14/04 08:19 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thanks Nelly!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Never mind I figured it out!! N/T new
      #112933 - 10/14/04 08:24 AM
heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Heather! new
      #112944 - 10/14/04 09:03 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I loved your poem cause I loved it, not cause I thought other people found it to be prize wining stuff. If anything, a mass majority institution like that would make me think less of something, because the masses don't really seeem to have a good head on thier shoulders when it comes to judging art.
Atleast you know now, so that you don't mention the award in the preface to your first book, and have so many people read it and realized you were duped! It can be our little secret.
This acutally dumped on me, too, I was 'selected' to be in thier book (if I rmember correctly it was them), but I never sent the stuff back. it was my teacher that entered me, too! I never thought that my poem was any good, but it kinda inflated my ego when I got the 'acceptance letter'. I think I still have it, in my scrap box buried in my parents basement...
the world is full of sick people, it really is. I understand why you wanted to delete it, sharing poetry can make you feel vulnerable. I am so anally embarrassed about what I write, that I won't even let someone other than my prof read a RESEARCH paper that I have to right for that particular class. I was so scared to let my BF profread my Economics paper last year, and that was just boring research, no real original thought.
But, the whole point I wrote this way long beating around the bush post was to let you know that it was a beautiful poem- period. And I am not lying when a shiver went up my spine while reading it, but than again, I am an overlly emotional person, so I wouldn't put TOO much weight on that
you are a star- don't let this get you down!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Heather! new
      #112949 - 10/14/04 09:32 AM
heather7476

Sheri
I am alot like you when it comes to writing. Very nervous about what people will say or think!! I am glad you liked it. It was a big ego boost when it was published it just sucks to find out it realy didn't mean anything!!!
Thanks!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Oh Heather ! new
      #112989 - 10/14/04 12:50 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Heather, don;t get too disheartened about it, WE all liked your poem.
My Dad's book cost him way more than $50 to get published! There are a lot of scam artists out there.

GREAT TO FINALLY SEE YOU!!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1412 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review