All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
To michelle & others w/C new
      #113525 - 10/17/04 07:52 AM
puddytat55

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: New Jersey-dont laugh!

I read your post about your pain....I certainly identify-I, too, take Miralax daily becasue of IBS/C but it doenst make me D....I like Miralax better thana Zelnorm bvecause its the Zelnorm that gives me D...opposites...funny how some stuff works one way for someone and another way for someone else! Xanax helps me through stressful days at work, no antispasmotics work for me at all & Tylenol/codeine gets me through extreme pain days and preventative measures-my longest attack was 1 1/2 years-it was absolute hell-everytime i went to the bathroom-i had attack day...I found another doctor then that prescribed the Miralax and now, at least, I can GO the the bathroom....w/C-I had to fight like hell to get a bm out of me during the first hour-I am so happy that I found others like me here on this site-I didnt know anyone else who suffered like me\now I found dozens!

--------------------
Puddytat55-I tawt I taw a puddytat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey Slickgirl-Does anyone here have pain predominant IBS? new
      #113558 - 10/17/04 11:27 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Jeez, a year and a half?? I don't know how you could manage that ... You must be SO brave!!

The prob with b/f is that we don't have a real diagnosis. The GI gave him aciphex, which isn't doing anything, and told him to come back in 6mos or something ... So I'm going to keep bugging him to make another appt, either with regular doc or GI and get some tests done. We'll also have to ask about antispasmotics ... Thanks for your input!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: Tylenol w/codeine-hey Nellie! new
      #113577 - 10/17/04 01:03 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

San Fransisco is a great place-- one of my faves! The weather, the people, all so nice! I'm glad you didn't have to miss out on your vacation because of IBS. I'll need to take a vacation soon. I'm trying to find something close to home so I won't be messed up by all the travel!

I commute on the subway to work, and not having a seat, being jogged by the movement of the train, and jostling against the other commuters would have triggered dreaded morning attacks daily! No doubt! T/C (I like your abbreviation!) has been a lifesaver for me. I could have never done some of the things I do now without it!

All my best!

~nelly~

Hi Nellie-Tylenol w/codeine new
      #113631 - 10/17/04 05:41 PM
puddytat55

I loved SF...the food was a knock out!...wow-you take T/C every day & don't build a resistance to it? That's great for you! And motion triggers an IBS attack? Wow-that never happened to me, but I do get motion sickness on occasion...this past Spring, me & bf took a drive in his corvette to see the cherry tree blossoms in Newark park and I thought I was going to throw up in the car...bf would have been pissed-that car is his baby! And when we went to Washington DC on the Amtrak train, Same thing there...I felt like I was a kid cuz that usedto happen to me when I was young-God, everything comes back doesn't it? I am happy that motion doesnt trigger IBS though-I feel badly for you, one has to travel every day to work & cant be avoided. Luck to you and keep in touch.

--------------------

To slickgirl re;bf new
      #113633 - 10/17/04 05:47 PM
puddytat55

Keep on top of bf...oops....I mean re; IBS...how bizarre that both of you have digestive track disorders-bet you have lots to talk about...My son's gf was just diagnosed w/IBS C (thats mine too) and now all three of us have some really crappy conversation-we lol when we realize we're actually having a major conversation about poopin'! Keep up with bf...wish you both well-LZ

--------------------

Re: To slickgirl re;bf new
      #113645 - 10/17/04 06:57 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

LOL! I will keep on him about it You're right, it is strange that both of us have probs. Last time we visited my mom for a week, she complained that we were "moaning in stereo" 'cause she had to listen to both of us whining about our tummies, instead of just me

But I'm totally comfy talking to him about it, and that's SO important to me now!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: Hi Nellie-Tylenol w/codeine new
      #113666 - 10/17/04 08:09 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm *supposed* to take T/C every day for pain management due to eating (of all things), but I save it for when I really need it, which is as a preventative or to stop an attack. I agree, it's easy for it to lose its efficacy with routine use. I also make sure to get a liver test 2ce a year to make sure I'm not doing long-term damage, from the acetaminophen.

The jostling motions of sudden starting and stopping does trigger my IBS. I guess it's on a hair trigger. Worse still is if the car is overheated. Metro isn't exactly the optimal place for me in the mornings.

~nelly~

Re: The pain is finally subsiding!! new
      #113719 - 10/18/04 07:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

After over 6 weeks, I'm finally starting to get some relief!!! I did have some rather painful D sunday and today but so did my hubby. I think we may have eaten something bad. Despite that, I only took 1/2 Vicodin all weekend long and I'm finally starting to feel better! I wouldn't say I feel great or anything but I'm not in the serious pain I was.

I did start working out again and I think that helped a lot. I also increased my zoloft from 50 to 75mg. I'm still taking a few donnatal and tummy feels sore but I think I almost have this cycle broken!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: That is wonderfull news Michele!!!! N?T new
      #113721 - 10/18/04 07:34 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Hey LeeW! new
      #113757 - 10/18/04 09:13 AM
LeeW

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Lancaster Co., Pa.

Hi Nelly! I have taken tylenol#3 and vicodin for pain. The first time I had doubling over pain, I had D, then waves of pain. I was home alone with my little boy. I couldn't even think straight. My mother-in-law finally came to watch him while I drove myself to the hospital. At that point, the pain had actually subsided some, or I wouldn't have been able to drive. I felt like I was in labor, for crying out loud! Since then, the 2 attacks I've had have lasted 6 hours each, almost to the dot...weird, huh? I had another one that started out the same way, but only lasted about 1 hour- much to my surprise. I was lucky on that one. I am so wiped out afterwards, though. I don't think my husband really understands, but he does his best. The attack I had down at the shore scared my mom to death. I think if I hadn't of had access to vicodin, I would have had to go to the hospital. The anxiety is the worst part.

That being said, I think I am luckier than most...now that I am finally in "remission" I feel good. I am still very careful, but have "low levels" of pain only 2-3 times a week. These episodes only usually last for about 20 minutes- after I have eaten something I shouldn't have. Then I stay away from that food item!

I hope all of you out there are feeling good today!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 743 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17313

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review