All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Thanks, Heather! new
      #112258 - 10/12/04 07:18 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

H, you're so great. Thanks for the support!! There's plenty of danish left, believe me, so I'll have some for you. Sick bf, leaving all that forbidden food for me to find in the kitchen on my day off!! He's going to come home to one sick nelly, that's for sure.

I had one double over attack y-day, so I loaded up on imodium (10 pills, don't do as i do--) and now my gut's totally blocked. The urge is too great to play it safe today, so I'm on a unhealthy binge.

I am going to make a step in the right direction and make ONE recipe from the book tonight. Why is change so hard for me?? As LauraSue sez: denial is my brain's shock absorber. Or something like that.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks, Heather! new
      #112263 - 10/12/04 07:27 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Change is hard for me to!! I went kicking and screaming into this diet. I love my dairy so much it is almost pathic. You know I wish I could spell better I can read faster than anybody I know but can't spell worth a dang!!
Any way I hope you feel better soon!!! Try the Hawaiian Chicken Slow cooker Recipe from the recipe board. SO GOOD!!!!

and OMG TEN IMODIUM!!! Remmber you do want to go to the bathromm again some time this year .
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Nelly!!!!!! new
      #112269 - 10/12/04 07:40 AM
heather7476

Have you tried ant anti anxitey meds!!! They may help you alot if Anxitey is bring on attacks!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

*embarrassed* new
      #112270 - 10/12/04 07:45 AM
Nelly

Yes, 10 imodium. At my worst I load up on Imodium, and then "go" every 10 days to 2 weeks. That way, I can time my attacks. Terrible, I know. I tried taking SFS to make me go every day, but it was too hit or miss when I would have an attack. Also with the SFS I never knew if when I passed wind if "something extra" would come out too. It was a really, really, embarrassing problem.

Staying constipated is not ideal, but it's heaven compared to my other extreme. Today's the 1st day of the 10 or so days before I have to go again. I'm trying not to cheat too badly on my reg diet, but it's so hard!!! Plus I'm home today and it's like the fridge is calling me. Hello?? Impulse control?? Could use some right now!!! This is the reason I keep the fridge empty, but bf went shopping this time, and I've just realized he's loaded up the freezer with of all things-- Ben & Jerry's...!

~nelly~

Re: *embarrassed* new
      #112271 - 10/12/04 07:49 AM
heather7476

BEN & JERRY'S!!!!! Does he not know that that is a crime and punishable by no sex every again!!!! LOL
BE STRONG!!!! Kick his butt when he gets home!! Just remmber Murder will get 25 to life and no man or ice cream is worth that!!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Tried 'em!! new
      #112272 - 10/12/04 07:55 AM
Nelly

Hey Dr. H. It's been done. Stoopid drugs.

I have taken xanax, but coming down from them is so hard. I get addicted very easily to that and valium, so i avoid them. The day I will stop taking them I get dt's for like 5 days, shakes, sweating and leg and back pains, plus I totally short cycle, crying and getting irate at the drop of a hat. Every time I take them I can look forward to these reactions when I stop.

My dentist prescribed me xanax for the day before and day of any appointment when he has to do drilling, but the anxiety of going off xanax afterwards is always in the back of my mind.

I can't take zoloft because I get suicidal and start cutting myself. I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin, and I go back to my self-injuring tendencies!! My doc tried upping the dose but I broke out in hives. I am a wreak with those meds, really.

~nelly~ Chocolate is easier and less expensive

Eeeeevil! new
      #112273 - 10/12/04 07:58 AM
Nelly

Yes, he must be eliminated. I have a dog now, so no worries getting rid of a body!

Disclaimer: Nelly is on a sugar high right now, and can't be held accountable for her silly outbursts!

~nelly~

Re:Pain, lots of pain new
      #112277 - 10/12/04 08:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I'm mostly IBS C but take miralax everyday which sometimes causes the doubled over duck walk to the potty for the explosive D. That doubled over pain is bad enough for the short time it last but I get severe abdominal pain that lasts. I'm currently in a severe attack that is going on over 6 weeks now!!!! I have been on the diet almost 2 years, take the Acacia, drink tons of water, exercise, take peppermint cpasules and sleep with the heating pad. I eat gas-x like pez and have bought several pairs of stretchy fat pants because I can't stand the pressure of my regular clothes!

I have had IBS for almost 19 years and have had every probe, scope, scan and x-ray done. I have been into the dr's twice and spoke with her on the phone once in the last 6 weeks. I'm on donnatal and Zoloft regulary and take Vicodin and Xanax as needed.

I get these "attacks" usually at least a few times a year but they normally only last a couple of weeks at most. This has been the most severe attack to date. My dr believes its mostly stress related. As many of you already know, I've had 2 miscarriages this summer. I have been trying to get pregnant again and haven't had much luck. Now, I'm still in a lot of pain and will be ovulating in the next few days so I won't be able to use the heating pad (it kills the sperm) and have to be careful on what meds I take. I won't even mention the thought of having sex with my tummy hurting this much sounds about as much fun as a root canal! The problem is, I'm already 34, don't have any childern and don't want to wait any longer to get pregnant! My dr seems to think that a lot of my IBS pain will go away once I am pregnant, lets hope she is right! I just can't believe I can't break this pain cycle no matter what I do!

Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to whine so much. All this constant pain has just really gotten me depressed. Its just so hard to believe that you can be in this much pain and the dr's tell you there really isn't anything wrong!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re:Pain, lots of pain new
      #112283 - 10/12/04 08:15 AM
Nelly

I get the doctor thing, Michele. Totally. More good news from the doctor after yet another round of painful, invasive tests-- Good news. Nothing's wrong.

Then WHY am I in SUCH FREAKIN' PAIN all the time?!

Regular life stress is so hard to manage on a regular basis, I have really to applaud you for dealing with your 2 miscarriages!! No one should have to go through that, and in such a short space of time! I'm 33 and childless by choice, but my best friend went through 5 miscarriages in 5 years, after carrying one baby to term. She lost them all at about 3-4 months each. She has essentially been pregnant non-stop for 6 years. She is driven to have another child. It's her life's mission, she says. I can't imagine what kind of fortitude it takes to keep trying, but I applaud you for it. Go get 'em, sister. I'm a firm believer that if one can withstand IBS, one can do Anything. No one else has a clue!

Now I have heard that it's possible for one to be pregnant and have all the IBS symptoms gone for the duration of the pregnancy!!! I hope that's true for you, Michele!! I wish you all my best--

~nelly~

Re: Tried 'em!! new
      #112289 - 10/12/04 08:32 AM
heather7476

Dr H says STAY AWAY FAR AWAY FORM THOSE MEDS!!! Make some AD'S and pig out on those !!!! OK my DR days are over YIKES. Me as a doctor very scary thing

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17149

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review