All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Does anyone here have pain predominant IBS?
      #112155 - 10/11/04 06:19 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Just wondering what you guys with pain do. Sometimes my attacks come on so fast, I'll double over in a staff meeting, or worse, in my car. I jsut had a double-over attack while visiting my mom. It's pretty hard for her to watch me go through that. How many people in this forum have pain predominant IBS?

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone here have pain predominant IBS? new
      #112163 - 10/11/04 06:28 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Nelly~

I don't have pain-predominant, but I'm wondering if my b/f does. I'm curious what others have to say as well. I tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything. My b/f pretty much just suffers through it at this point; we don't know what to do for him, and he's not ready yet to change his diet. So frustrating ...

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#112166 - 10/11/04 06:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I do tonight! Go read my Oops! post on the diet board! I used to be just like you. Out of the blue within 10 minutes I'd go from fine to doubled over in pain. So I literally "feel your pain" sweetie! The good news is now it only happens to me about once every 6 months when I overdo it!

Feel better.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#112172 - 10/11/04 06:47 PM
Nelly

I am so thankful for your empathy, LS. I can't explain how isolated I am from the caring people around me who *don't* get it. Thanks for being here on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to be where you are now!! Did you jump into the diet, or go slow? After an attack I get so ravenous I just can't eat properly. I also can't do soy, and can't seem to kick meat. But I am 1 month with no caffeine as of this weekend, and the next item on my list is HFCS.

I'm so hesitant to do the diet full-steam. If I invest money and time into the diet, and I cheat or it doesn't work, I will feel like a failure. I guess that's why I haven't gone for it.

But the biggest hurdle to my wellness is that I am so concerned with the outward appearence of wellness at my job and with relatives. I hate being stigma-ed by my illness. I don't want to be the girl with special food in the fridge. I've just gotta let go of that!!!!!

If I'm ever going to kick this pain, I have GOT to do this diet. *sigh*

~nelly~

I hear ya new
      #112174 - 10/11/04 06:50 PM
Nelly

Hey,

I get that not wanting to change thing. I'm trying to overcome it myself!! Listen, if I find the magic words you can tell him to make him change, I will be the first to tell you. But he's lucky to have you concerned about him, and I know he appreciates it!

~nelly~

#112178 - 10/11/04 07:24 PM
puddytat55

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: New Jersey-dont laugh!

I'm new to this site & am happy to know that others have the "double over and cry" type of pain that justs comes from no where & slaps me like a ton of bricks, anywhere, anytime....I mean I'm not happy we have this but I am happy knowing someone else KNOWS what I feel-normal people just dont understand & the people at work tolerate my "bathroomitis" but I know they get annoyed because I cannot participate in our "teamwork" environment office because I spend half the day in the bathroom-I even punch out at 5, at times, and stay late to make up for the work I missed. They tease me that they're going to move my desk to the bathroom! I have "C" IBS...stands for "CURSE!" Thanks for listening-I hope to learn lots more from everyone here

--------------------
Puddytat55-I tawt I taw a puddytat!

#112187 - 10/11/04 07:53 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Nelly Honey I am so sorry your going through this right now!! UUUGGG. I get pain like that I hate it. One time I was at my daughter's art class talking to the moms and out of no where I thought I was going to die!! This was before I knew I had IBS. I was so embrassed. I can totaly understand where you are comeing from!!!! It took me awhile to get the diet down but every day is easyier than the last. I gave up redmeat without a problem same thing with pop(I MISS POP THOUGH) but Dairy well that took awhile and I will admitt it has only been five days without cheese or sourcream!!! I know I will cheat again but I will be as strong as I can for as long as I can. I will have my cheat and then get back on the wagon!!! YOU CAN DO THIS NELLY!!!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!! Next time you have an attack like that with your mom just tell her it is an STD and see what kind of reaction you get then LOLOLO!!!! Just kidding don't do that. My mother would kill me twice if I ever did that.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

STD-- LOL!!! new
      #112253 - 10/12/04 07:00 AM
Nelly

Hey Heather! If you've already been 5 days without cheese or sour cream, well, my hat's off to you!! It's not even 10am and I've already cheated (slice of Entemann's cheese danish)! I like your attitude too. Maybe it's what I should do, acknowledge that I'm going to cheat eventually, but just DO MY BEST for as long as I can.

It really helps that I know that you're going through it too. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!

Maybe I should approach this as a 12-step program, a one day at a time type thing.

All my best!!

~nelly~

Re: STD-- LOL!!! new
      #112255 - 10/12/04 07:09 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I would love some Cheese Danish Ok let me wipe the drool off my chin!!! I cheated last night. I caved to popcorn!! I am in a little pain today but not to bad!! Just do your best that's all any of us can do!!! I am always here to support you!!! Just like I know you will always be there for me!!! I hope your feeling better soon!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#112256 - 10/12/04 07:11 AM
Nelly

Thanks for answering my post, Puddytat55!! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone with the suddenly keeling over syndrome! Sometimes it's like as if I've been suddenly shot in the stomach. It sure looks like that to my coworkers!

You're totally right. Normal people just don't understand. I don't think others have any idea about Real Pain!!! How do you handle it at work? I want to dodge the drama, but I must look possessed, sweat dripping, gritting my teeth into a grin, trying to politely squeek out an whispery excuse to dash out the door and "pool walk" triple time for the bathroom...!

For me, it's either starve, load up with imodium, or wait motionless for an attack. No help that the anxiety waiting for an attack makes it so much worse! Do you take meds, keep water nearby, or anything like that?

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17149

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review