All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newly diagnosed ,,, help please
      #111728 - 10/09/04 03:00 PM
suzieshell

Reged: 10/09/04

I just need this to stop being the focus of my life! For seven years, I have lived with diahrea (and I still can't spell it right! ) I can hardly eat anything without a "reaction" from my body. I just feel like my body betrays me daily. I need some help!! I need to know that other people get this. Does anyone have other things that bother them too?? When I have an "attack" I often get nausea, dizziness, and sever cramping that results in a few hours of me plugged into the living room sofa with my heating pad and a big empty bucket ... just in case!! I'm so tired of this! Tell me I'm not alone!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newly diagnosed ,,, help please new
      #111730 - 10/09/04 03:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

your not alone, though your more likely to get more suggestions from the eating for ibs board- thats more of where we discuss the medical aspects fo IBS and how to take care of ourselves... and help make things better...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#111732 - 10/09/04 03:19 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hello Suzieshell!

You poor soul. You sound so miserable. No, you're not alone. Everyone on these boards at one time or another, has experienced sufferring with IBS. Whether it be D or C or both, or bloating, or pain... we've all experienced it. Unfortunately, it comes with the territory.

Well my dear, you ARE in luck!!! Following Heather's guidelines most definately will help you. (I assume you've had all the necessary tests done to rule out anything severe?) Check out the IBS Diet board, you'll find lots of useful information for newbies over there to help you get started, plus all sorts of helpful advice from "the more experienced".

Welcome aboard & feel free to come over here to the Living Room again, it gets "crazy" over here. Lots of laughs and sometimes tears!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#111804 - 10/10/04 08:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Of course you're not alone! Just look at how many of us are on here. Hopefully Heather's diet will help you. Are you taking a SFS? Do you take Immodium?

And yes, for the future, you really want to post on the "Eating..." board with IBS questions.

#111954 - 10/10/04 11:38 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

You are not alone in this "club". You did come to the right place to get help and support. Just ask any question about any problems you may be having and there will be people here to help.
Welcome!
Leslie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review