All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Naming Your Colon new
      #111483 - 10/08/04 03:35 PM
Teresa Lynn

Reged: 09/16/04

Hah Becky T,
I knew you could do it. Poo Keeper! LMBO. We're getting quite a list. BTW, I never was able to scare up that other list that was done earlier on. ???? Purrs, Teresa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#111490 - 10/08/04 03:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

can I call mine "grinch"? Cos it feels ugh when it twists and turns and pinches and grinch is quite an unpleasant sounding word, its like a compromise between grimace and pinch.

(Although given my distaste for my username maybe I might change it!)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#111495 - 10/08/04 03:54 PM
Teresa Lynn

Sure Sinead,
You can call it anything you want and Grinch has not been claimed by anyone yet. I think I've been calling you cailin, sorry. Since I have you captured here for a second, do you ever get spasms so bad that they nearly knock the air out of you? I do and I don't like it one bit. If you don't mind me asking, do you work as a lawyer in civil or criminal cases? Teresa

#111498 - 10/08/04 04:01 PM
cailin

I don't mind you asking at all- I work as an inhouse lawyer for the retail arm of Ireland's biggest Bank, so I do mostly corporate and policy based stuff, financial services, lending, company law and some defamation and breach of contract etc. Its pretty interesting as different stuff comes up every day and the Bank is always looking for advice on new policies that they are thinking of implementing etc.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#111499 - 10/08/04 04:03 PM
cailin

I get spasms that I can't stand up with the pain, which is what it sounds like you mean. I have had my knees go from under me the pain was so bad. I haven't been that bad for well over a month now though, but pain is my main symptom, C or D don't bother me as much (I am A) nor bloating.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#111536 - 10/08/04 04:47 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hi Sinead,
Your job sounds really interesting. All the lawyering without having to get involved criminal cases. I assume, of course. Oh, I found out the problem with me, bananas, and avocados. I realize you aren't the one who needed the info, but maybe between the two of us we can remember who it was.
TYRAMINE - Tyramine is a normal substance in the body that helps support blood pressure. Tyramine is also found in certain foods. Examples of foods and beverages which contain tyramine include: beer, ale, robust red wines, Chianti, vermouth, homemade breads, cheese, crackers (with cheese), sour cream, bananas , red plums, figs, raisins, avocados , fava beans, Italian broad beans, green bean pods, eggplant, pickled herring, liver dry sausages, canned meats, salami, yogurt, soup cubes, commercial gravies, chocolate, and soy sauce. Just about everything on that list gives me fits. Another unsolved mystery solved. Teresa

Homemade breads??? new
      #111546 - 10/08/04 04:58 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm curious what in homemade breads has this. I make a delicious homemade bread, it has flour, yeast, sugar, water, salt and shortening.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Homemade breads??? new
      #111550 - 10/08/04 05:10 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hey BeckyT,
It is in the yeast and yeast extracts (marmite, brewer's yeast and baker's yeast. Teresa

Thanks Teresa! new
      #111556 - 10/08/04 05:23 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

That's good to know!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Oh my goodness Rachel, thanks... new
      #111596 - 10/08/04 08:08 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

It's exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't remember the name of the thread. I was fascinated with the sweet vs. bitter almonds, plus had no idea Asian pears were good for digestion.
I'm saving this one.........
a huge thanks! Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review