All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
whining (sorry- I can';t do it at home)
      #111101 - 10/07/04 11:06 AM
Lil' Bell

Reged: 09/14/04
Loc: South Dakota, USA

Okay- so I finally have a job doing something that i love...and then I find I am allergic to the soap. Then someone quits, and I have been working 50+ hours a week. Then I get diagnosed with IBS. Now my dang hands are reacting to something, and are all dry and itchy and splitting. My doctor is going to think that i have a crush on him I have been there so much! So I am getting angry with work, and got so upset over nothing yesterday that all I wanted to do is just walk out...but I couldn't because I was at the location where you are the only cook for a 12 hour shift. I am just so unhappy, I never feel like I slept very well, I feel as though I am being treated differently than the guys at work (only female in my area). My DH just doesn't get how upset and stressed and exhausted I am. His answer is to "call in sick" (which I never do- I go to work no matter what, including when I am having an attack). Then he has the gall to tell me the house looks like ***. (like I am the only one who lives here) I just want to pull my hair out, lay on the floor screaming and kicking. AAGGHHH!

Thanks for letting me rant. I wish I could just take off for a week and disappear.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Take me with you! new
      #111104 - 10/07/04 11:25 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

If you want to disappear, I can pack in like 10 minutes. I hear everything you're saying, and I can relate. Wouldn't it be nice to press pause and get some sleep? Like in a cave? Away? From everybody?

I get hand breakouts too. But it's all stress related for me. I can be using one soap and be fine, but one day it feels like I'm washing my hands in caustic acid. And they get all dry and HOT. And the skin gets flakey and sometimes I'll get a mild, itchy rash on them.

I even when to the hospital for this once. I'd tried putting hydrocortizone cream on them and it didn't do anything. My hands just laaaaughed at the cream. But the doc told me he didn't know what it was, and to stop messing with putting creams on my hands for a while.

It wasn't until I got a big panic attack and broke out in spots all over that I looked at my hands and realized, hey, I've seen this before. Guess my skin is just overly sensitive to stress. But there's a difference with being sensative and allergic, so you're going to start having to bring in your own soap with you to work, I think. Bummer.

Snarl at your bf. He's just forgotten that he's afraid of you. Silly man. You should remind him. Then he'll back off.

Seriously, if you want to go leave, I'm there. Like right now for instance! Let's go.

~nelly~

Re: Take me with you! new
      #111110 - 10/07/04 12:07 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

DH puts up with my bitchign but he still expects me to do stuff around here more then him, and he still doesn't understnad why I odn't just call in when I am having issues- yeah.. I get 5! sick days a year and I can't afford ot use them all up already (they are scheduled Oct to Oct, so I just got them)...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: whining (sorry- I can';t do it at home) new
      #111160 - 10/07/04 01:20 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Ok here is what you do. You tell Dh if he doesn't start helping you around the house you WILL start dating your Doctor!!! Please rember murder will get you 25 to life and no man is worth that!!!

I have very sensitive hands, I wear gloves when ever i have to clean with cleaners. I just buy the rubber gloves like the dotor wears!! Could you try that!!! Or you could try to find another job!!! Life is to short to spend it in a job you hate!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#111177 - 10/07/04 01:51 PM
Lil' Bell

Thanks for all the replies...I do wear gloves at work (maybe part of the prob?). I have cream to try from my doc, and will go from there....

As far as going, let's just all pile in a car (or camper) and drive to the bahamas! It would be nice to just go...*sigh*

I have been looking off and on for a different position, just no luck yet. I could have a great job, but I refused to commute everyday when I have no idea what the weather will be like. I swear, Alaska is often warmer in the winter than we are!

Who all wants to go....?

#111208 - 10/07/04 03:30 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

Thanks for all the replies...I do wear gloves at work (maybe part of the prob?).

It could definitely be part of the problem. I used to do defence litigation for a major household detergent manufacturer, mainly about skin conditions being caused etc and we asked them why the didn't put warnings on the bottles to say that people should wear gloves and their reason was that it could make it worse!

The expensive cotton lined gloves are the best, lots of people are allergic to latex and it would flare up allergies.

Take care,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#111212 - 10/07/04 03:37 PM
heather7476

Hey I'm IN!!!! My sil and i have the dream where we buy our own private island and nobody can get there without our premisson!!! And if you can't wipe you own backside (kids) and get yourself your own beer (men) you are not welcome!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#111232 - 10/07/04 04:55 PM
Nelly

OK now I'm def in!! I'm packing:

Heather's pep choc cake
bathing suit
towels
Imodium x 100000000000000
Fresh drinking water
Bail money
Phone card
Rope
Camera
A beer
Toothbrush

OK I'm set. Who's driving??

~nelly~ one thousand bottles of beeeeer on the waaall

#111236 - 10/07/04 04:59 PM
heather7476

Quote:

OK now I'm def in!! I'm packing:

Heather's pep choc cake
bathing suit
towels
Imodium x 100000000000000
Fresh drinking water
Bail money
Phone card
Rope HUH why rope??
Camera
A beer
Toothbrush
Trashy novel!!
Music
Brad Pitt

Now were ready to go!!!!

OK I'm set. Who's driving??

~nelly~ one thousand bottles of beeeeer on the waaall

--------------------
Heather7476

#111239 - 10/07/04 05:02 PM
Nelly

To tie up the bad guys we find. I dunno. Because you always need rope?

~nelly~

#111240 - 10/07/04 05:03 PM
heather7476

We could always tie up Brad Pitt!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#111241 - 10/07/04 05:04 PM
Nelly

I LIKE it! Brad Pitt + Rope = Party

Let's shake him down for gas money too! I hear his wife's loaded.

~nelly~

#111243 - 10/07/04 05:08 PM
heather7476

Quote:

I LIKE it! Brad Pitt + Rope = Party

Let's shake him down for gas money too! I hear his wife's loaded. ROTFLMBO!!!! OK but the B**ch can't come!!!

~nelly~

--------------------
Heather7476

Only her cash! LOL! -nt- new
      #111247 - 10/07/04 05:11 PM
Nelly

#111249 - 10/07/04 05:17 PM
Lil' Bell

I'll drive! Sounds like a great list to me....maybe toss in a money tree (it could happen) and some scantily clad men to wait on US for a change!(mute of course so they cannot complain :-))

Oh if only er could....

#111251 - 10/07/04 05:20 PM
Nelly

Don't worry, Lil' Bell! We'll always have the island! Full of mute men, Brad Pitt, sunshine and happiness! And lots of rope for some reason.

~nelly~

#111254 - 10/07/04 05:30 PM
Lil' Bell

All of you guys are great....you made me feel so much better.

Thanks.

Re: whining (sorry- I can';t do it at home) new
      #111308 - 10/08/04 05:58 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

L'il Bell,

I know exactly what you mean about work. I'm so frustrated with my job. There are days where once I get home, I never want to go back! Especially since I know I'm leaving in the near future to go back to school, staying another day gets harder and harder.

I think I'll pass on your gals' trip to the Bahamas, as although I don't mind serving lovely ladies drinks, the whole not talking and possibily being tied up may not do it for me!

One minor thing though if you're going to go to a private Island in the Bahamas, maybe driving isn't the best mode of transportation!

#111341 - 10/08/04 08:45 AM
Nelly

#111470 - 10/08/04 03:15 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

You are all just TOO funny!! Made me laugh out loud even with a migraine!

BTW, in Lord of the Rings, Samwise Gamgee regrets not packing a nice piece of rope because you never know when you might need it! (The actor that played him, Sean Astin, has a new book out about his experiences making the movie. Did you know he's the son of Patty Duke and John Astin? Well maybe some of you in the OBC will find that interesting.)

I'm babbling. Must be the migraine. Anyway, thanks for the laugh!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

You got it LS!! new
      #111805 - 10/10/04 08:43 AM
Nelly

You never know when you'll need rope!! You know, I did hear that about Sean Astin's parents and it floored me! I don't think he looks like either one of them!

~nelly~

Re: LS AND NELLY new
      #111817 - 10/10/04 11:12 AM
heather7476

There is another son to. His name is Mackinze Astin. I don't know if you guys ever watched Facts of Life, but in the last few seasons there was a boy on there Andy. That is Sean Astin's brother!! Just FYI!! Yes I am a book of useless info!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2393

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review