All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
If you remember me, sit down before reading this!
      #110153 - 10/04/04 12:23 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi guys,

It feels like a million years since I last posted and I know it hasn't quite been that long but it has been awhile.

I wanted to share something with you and it's something so fantastic!

Some of you will remember the struggle with infertility that I (I should say we as it has been a struggle for my husband and son too)have endured over the last 3 years.

We waited patiently at first and then impatiently as we turned to IVF and suffered a miscarriage as well.

In June, we used our last embryos, and the transfer was unsuccesful. After that, I threw all medication in the bin, decided I could not do IVF any longer and started looking into overseas adoption.

Throughout all of this, times were very tough for us all. I was constantly sad and unable to face the reality that I may not have any more children. I even began some anti-depressant medication.

Imagine my surprise when I fell pregnant naturally the very next month!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, you read it right, at long, long last I am pregnant!!!!!

I am now 12 weeks pregnant, feeling as sick as anything but loving every beautiful minute!

Thank you all for your constant encouragement. It feels so great to be alive and happy again.

Kerrie
xx

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh wow! new
      #110155 - 10/04/04 12:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Kerrie, that is FANTASTIC news. Ohmigod, that is so cool. I am SOOOO happy for you. You guys deserved some good news after all you'd been through. Wow! You must be out-of-your-mind-delighted!

Isn't fertility funny?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If you remember me, sit down before reading this! new
      #110159 - 10/04/04 03:38 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thats wodnerful news!!! best wishes for a happy, healthy baby adn an easy pregnancy... got a phoen call last night and it seems babies are in the air- my cousin with RA adn who is anaphalactically allergic to dairy products is pregnant..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: I could not be happier for you!!! new
      #110171 - 10/04/04 04:35 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

That is too exciting!! Keep us updated. I am so happy for you. You of all people deserve it. I know how much you have wanted this and prayed for it.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#110178 - 10/04/04 05:24 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

That's wonderfull news!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you both!!! Keep us posted.

--------------------
Heather7476

The secrets out! new
      #110183 - 10/04/04 05:43 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I'm so glad you were able to finally share your news! I just love the story of this little miracle and I can't wait for April! Okay, so maybe I can since mine will be 6 months old. I still can't believe your 12 weeks already. I hope you feel better real soon. You'll have to share some belly pictures. I would love to see what you look pregnant.

#110188 - 10/04/04 05:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

KERRIE!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEALS*

OH MY GOSH!

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is such wonderful news...you made my pain go away

Kerrie, you are such an AMAZING person and you sereve this baby!

Love you Kerrie *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh, Kerrie..... new
      #110196 - 10/04/04 06:39 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That is terrific!!!! I know you are so-o-o-o excited! And I am excited for you. Just enjoy this pregnancy. You deserve it.

I ended up having two babies 13 months apart after years of fertility work, so I know the feeling. Our first was the most planned baby in the world (fertility drugs, blood tests, temperature taking)----and then when he was 4 months old and I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked!!! I didn't know you could just have a baby without all that help from the doctor. Ha! He was the biggest surprise, but a great one.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. (Michele, you're going to be next.)

#110215 - 10/04/04 08:26 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

OMG!!! That's fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!!!

PS. I remember you, but you may not remember me!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Oh wow! new
      #110221 - 10/04/04 09:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thats wonderful! It's so funny, I have heard of SO SO many stories like this! People trying forever to have a baby than when they give up, BAM, you get knocked up! I'm so happy for you!

Maybe I'll throw away all my ovulation tests and charts and say to hell with it too! Who am I kidding???

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#110227 - 10/04/04 09:16 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Wow - that's great news, Kerrie! I'm so happy for you and wish you and your family all the luck in the world with this pregnancy. I know you'll have a very beautiful baby!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#110312 - 10/04/04 01:10 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Kerri!!!!
I'm so happy for you! You deserve this so much! I really couldn't be more happy for you and your family!!! Good luck and please check in with us when you can!!!!

--------------------

#110314 - 10/04/04 01:20 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Congratulations, Kerrie, that's great!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Kerrie: Congrats! -nt- new
      #110415 - 10/04/04 05:17 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Wonderful! Congrats! -nt- new
      #110464 - 10/04/04 08:18 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Kerry, So Wonderful new
      #110474 - 10/04/04 10:03 PM
bevp

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: Brisbane Australia

Hi Kerry,

You were really helpful to me when I first started posting, about 1 and a half years ago. Thank you for that. It made a difference at a difficult time. Its just so wonderful that you are pregnant. CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you and to your family.

Best regards,

Bevp

Re: Congratulations Kerrie, I know you are so excited!!! nt new
      #110973 - 10/06/04 10:16 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Re: Oh wow! new
      #111747 - 10/09/04 05:24 PM
KinOz

I know, It's the strangest thing Michele. The thing is that I tried for this baby for over 3 years and and I constantly heard stories of how this sort of thing happened to people but I always thought that it wouldn't happen to me.

If I had known giving up was the answer I would have done it so long ago. Only problem with that is that the decison to give up can only comes when you are truly ready to give up so I guess pretending to give up earlier may not have helped me.

People say there is a reason for everything. I still struggle with what my reason for all that pain was but one thing I do know is that it has made me even more appreciative of this special gift and I will definately take lots of time to really enjoy it this time. I was so anxious for Harrison (my almost 4 year old) to crawl, walk, talk and all of that but this time I want to cherish every moment I have instead of looking to the future.

Anyway, if you ever need a shoulder of frustration or whatever as far as those OPK's or anything else, give me a yell. I understand only too well.

Thanks again for the congrats,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: The secrets out! new
      #111748 - 10/09/04 05:26 PM
KinOz

It's so much fun telling everyone now. I can't wait til April but I also can't wait for the other exciting milestones too like feeling the baby move. I promise I'll share some pics later on.

Talk to you soon,
Kerrie

--------------------

Re: Thanks, everyone! new
      #111749 - 10/09/04 05:28 PM
KinOz

I really appreciate your congratulations and constant support.

I'll keep you posted and I look forward to keeping up with all the news you guys have too.

Kerrie

--------------------

#111750 - 10/09/04 05:30 PM
KinOz

Ruchie,

Thank you so much - you're lovely and so big hearted. It's so like you to take so much joy in the happiness of others even when you are struggling with your own problems.

I only wish I could take your pain away forever and I will continue to pray for you every single day.

Kerrie
xx

--------------------

Kerrie... new
      #111783 - 10/09/04 10:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I want EVERYONE in the world to be happy! Of coursre, I want to be happy too But someone else's joy doesn't make my pain worse...some of the time (i'm nopt prefect afeter all).

It'ss tough being so sick....BUT...I still have lots to be thankful for. Thr other night when I was in so much pain I couldn't hug hubby...I realized how lucky I AM when I can hug him! Thinga like that hel,p me aappreciate life so much more!!!

Anyhow...I am praing that everything continues to go well for you...you deserve it! Thank you for coming to the boardw to share this with us! It really makes my day and gives me hope hearing your story...you're he best Kerrie!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review