All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Linz, Kerrie, Amie, Kelly, Heather, Michele, Chrisitne, SlicksGirl, and Melitami... new
      #110252 - 10/04/04 10:49 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thank you SO MUCH for responding!

I spoke to my GP last night and he told me to take 3 IBProfen for the pain and Unisom for sleep. I slept less last night than I have in ages and I still can't sleep and the pian was so bad it woke me in the night and I cried for hours on and off.

I am supposed to call my doc later today. he needed to know if it was the mediciation I was taking hat was doing this or somehting else. I am STILL in pain...so I'm guessing it's fibro.

He plans to put me on a low dose anti depressant and something for sleep today. I HOPE SO! I cannot live like this! It has to be fibro. I was tested for blood worj omn all accounts and I'm normal as they come! So no lupus or MS or lyme disease or anything like that! That leaves fibro, CFS, hypoglycemia, and diabetes. Or Syndrome X! I'm betting is fibro...

I am sO GLAS I have this board and that I have my hubby. I am NOT happy in this community! I am all alone here. I have no friends, they're all in NY and Boston (and of course everyone on the boards), and my fam is in Florida! I don't know WHAT I would do without all of you!

Today I hads an MRI done on my jknee to see if I need surgery and a CT Scan done on my sinuses to see if I need sinus surgery. I will find out about sinus surgery at the ENT tomroorw.

It seems like my life revovles around going to docs these days and trying to sleep and lessen the pain. I couldn't drive myself to the doc today...hubby had to take me Whatever is making me so sick...it'ds robbing me of my life!

BUT...it won't continue to do that for long, no sirree! I will get to the bottom of this...for my name is Sherlock (ok, fine it's Ruchie...close enough right?) Seriously...a soon as they get some meds in me I will start to fell better. I take hot showers and use my heaitng pad...I waslk a bit theoughout the day...I'm doing my part :-) Now it's up to G-d!

Anyhow, thanks again for your repsones and for being here. I REALLY would go into a depression without the support of these boards. You guys make me feel better..and you make me feel supported and loved! I hope I do the same fopr all of you...you're so special and amazing *hugs*

I love you guys!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Better late than never! new
      #110259 - 10/04/04 11:01 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Ruchie,
Sorry to jump in so late after you've already thanked everybody else but I just wanted to stick my head in to say I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I can't even imagine all the things you are going through and I just have no idea how you are so brilliant to everyone else when you are going through all this. You are such a lovely person, you must have some good luck coming your way soon! Try to keep that in mind to hurry the week along until you can see a doctor and hopefully get this sorted out!
I can't offer any fibro advice 'cause I'm pretty clueless about all of that, but I hope you got some good advice from your online fibro friends! And I especially hope you start to feel better soon, luv.
***** HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUGGGGGG*****
-Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I'm a tad late here, but... new
      #110261 - 10/04/04 11:05 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I would like to say that I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all that pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ruchie!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Thakns Steph *hugs* new
      #110262 - 10/04/04 11:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

I always love hearing from you...you always compliment me

I hope you're reight about good luck coming my way! But I have good luck with all of you for friends and the best hubby I could've asked for!

I'm gonna go try my GP again and see if he can get me some meds...the pian is geting even worse! On the p side...at least I think I know what it is (fibro) and I have a doc standing with me...so hopefully I'll be able to learn to manage it and have many many good days (in addiotn to the bad). That would be SO SWEET!!!!!

Love ya back Steph *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Rachel, you're not late at all! new
      #110263 - 10/04/04 11:08 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! I need em', so keep em' coming

How arew oy doing thse days? I hope great!

Tanks again...you're so swet!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ohhhh, Ruchie! How thoughtful... new
      #110269 - 10/04/04 11:15 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Even when you're suffering the way you are, you're still thinking of others!

I'm not doing bad... I've been in the process of moving to another state, and ended up cheating horribly last week. I'm paying for it, but I can live with it. Just learned a lesson, that's all.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Ohhhh, Ruchie! How thoughtful... new
      #110273 - 10/04/04 11:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hubby and I moved twice in the past 2 years (once across the country!) and moving is HARDS STUFF! don't beat yourself up about it at all!

You just get back on track...I know you will

Let me know how you're doing/feeling...I'm hinking about you!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Crying and crying and crying new
      #110286 - 10/04/04 11:50 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh poor Ruchie,

So sorry you are having such a tough time of it, sweetie. I hope you get some meds really soon to help you. In the meantime I am sending you bunches & bunches of hugs. Feel better soon, OK!

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Crying and crying and crying new
      #110291 - 10/04/04 11:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Okay Barbie, I'll feel better soon...I can foloow orders!

You're so sweet! I am speaking to the doc in 4.5 hours...no soon enough! But when I do...I'm gonna make SURE he gives me some hard core meds before I let him get off that ophoen!

Thanks again for your hugs and suuport. I hope all's well with you and your soggies!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #110294 - 10/04/04 12:01 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey Ruchie,

I just saw your post. I haven't been on the boards all weekend. My hubby and I went to a bull roast on Saturday night. And we haven't been out in so long without the two kids. So we danced all night long. Well needless to say on Sunday I was in so much pain. I could barely make it up and down the steps in my house. And to top it off I had to teach Sunday school fro 4 year olds. OMG by the end of Sunday I thought I was going to die. And yet still couldn't sleep! And today I got up late and was in a rush so I wore a hat so I didn't have to do my hair. Well stupid me! Now I have a migraine and I am at work on deadline so I can't leave. But there is always hope that tomorrow will be a better day!

I hope you get yourself diagnosed soon. You are so much worse off with the Fibro then me. I think Linz, Laura Sue, and JenX are probably better for advice. But I try to stay warm all the time b/c I start to ache if cold. And I always seem to be cold. It is 76 degrees here today and I am in jeans and a sweatshirt and thinking about putting on a sweater. I take the Tylenol Extra Strength like Laura Sue recommended when I start to get achey. It usually does the trick but on a bad day I take a naproxen with an immodium like Laura Sue suggested. (The naproxen triggers my IBS-D.) Hot showers are good too!

I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the doc.
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1796

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review