All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Neighbours' dog - any advice
      #108729 - 09/28/04 01:26 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, our neighbours are weird people. I have a particular problem with them because they have a lovely young dog called Suzy. She's kept in their tiny back yard all the time, on her own. They never give her any attention and rarely walk her. It seems the mum doesn't like her because she's excitable (jeez, I wonder why?????!!!!!) and so the kids are encouraged to stay away from her!

I've offered to walk her and she said that she'll only go out with her husband. Yeah right, this is a dog that goes nuts whenever I'm in the garden trying to get to me! They seem to think she's an uncontrollable dog, but she's just young with lots of energy and no training.

She's been crying all morning now and it's really depressing. It makes me sad whenever I go out into my garden which is really annoying. These damn people are wrecking my own garden for me!

I called the RSPCA (animal welfare) and they came round, but obviously couldn't do anything and didn't get back to me. She's fed and watered, but totally neglected otherwise.

Any ideas? This is so depressing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Neighbours' dog - any advice new
      #108733 - 09/28/04 05:20 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

That is just horrable. Poor puppy. It makes me so mad when people get a animal and then don't take of it. I wish I had some advice but since you already called the RSPCA I don't know what to tell you. I would be realy mad to Linz. Poor puppy.

--------------------
Heather7476

Poor Pup new
      #108740 - 09/28/04 06:17 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Linz,

I hate to see animals mistreated. Why do people even get dogs if they are not going to spend any time playing with them? ARGGGGGGH!

At least she's not tied up or in a kennel al day and does have food & water. That's a good thing. Hopefully she has some shelter from the weather??? Could you just go over to the fence and talk to the pup and keep her company for awhile while you are in the garden. You mentioned talking to the woman...what about talking to the husband? Could you get through to him? If the dog is too excitable for the kids maybe they should give it to the SPCA and get a more laid back one. What about getting a toy or ball to give the pup to play with?

I know this bothers you every time you are outside, it would bother me, too.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#108819 - 09/28/04 11:14 AM
gopher

Reged: 09/15/04
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I know this sounds a little shady, but we had to use this approach once or twice......First off, do you think they would miss it should it disappear? second , do you know anyone out of town who would like a pup? third, do you know when they are not home??

In the best interest of the pup, maybe it does not sound so shady.....

#108849 - 09/28/04 12:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Linz *hugs*

I know just jow you feel. Our neighbors leave their dogs out all day (but they're MEAN dogs...) and our neighbors wake us up every Fri. night yelling (drunk) singing *Who Let The Dogs Out* or whatever...they're obnoxious and so are their dogs!

But I think one of heri dogs is sweet...and we hear it crying to go inside sometimes...and I just want to take it out of that house! Poor thing!

I wish I had some advice for you...

You're so super sweet and senzstin...I wish I could get you a puppy of your own to love! I can't wait till you have kids...you're gonna be a fab mom!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shady business new
      #108855 - 09/28/04 12:44 PM
Linz

Hmm, well I had thought of dognapping it for the afternoon, but my hubby and my parents are really worried that I'll cause trouble between us that could make life difficult and jepadise (sp?) selling the house.

And I don't know anyone else I could rescue her for.

Ruchie! new
      #108856 - 09/28/04 12:46 PM
Linz

Thanks honey. You always make me feel good!

I'm angling for a pup as a Christmas and Birthday present!

Re: Poor Pup new
      #108859 - 09/28/04 12:48 PM
Linz

Thanks Barbie

She has a little kennel, so she can get out of the rain. I know dog's don't care about such things, but it's really manky inside, which doesn't make me feel better. The poor dog's always smelly - I want to give her a good bath!

The husband next door is hardly ever in. And he doesn't look at all sympathetic. His little daughter told me that he doesn't work much and likes darts and horse-racing!

I think I might try the toy thing.

Re: Ruchie! new
      #108861 - 09/28/04 12:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

Linz,

I mkae you feel good cause you ARE GOOD! :-)

When's your b-day? Wish I could get you a puppy...

How are you feeling today? I hope great!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Me me me me me! You could rescue her for me n-t new
      #108863 - 09/28/04 12:54 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Maybe rescue her for yourself? new
      #108889 - 09/28/04 01:58 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Animal cruelty is one of those things that makes me absolutely furious, too. Especially when it's neglect. So far I've had to clip a fence in our area because a goat had stuck it's head out to get a bush and it's horns got caught; I've complained to PetCo because they don't care for sick parakeets - just try to sell them off anyway; and I have had to take over the care of a rabbit for my future brother in law, because his parents didn't make him take care of her.

I wish there were laws against that kind of thing, but unfotunately psychological abuse doesn't count with animals, even though science has proven some of them to be highly aware.

Anyway, now that I have blathered on ... Do you think they would give the dog to you? Or let you buy her from them? Then you could give her all the care she deserves and you would both get a puppy you know is sweet AND be helping a creature in need. Would your neighbors go for it?

If not, I would start a war against them with loud music and throwing dead plants and stuff over the fence, but I'm a meanie and it probably wouldn't work anyway

Wish there was something more I could do - Someday I'm going to have a shelter for abused and neglected animals, but that's a ways away ...

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Petco new
      #108934 - 09/28/04 08:54 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Petco is notorious for treating the animals they have to sell horribly. We won't shop there until they train their staffs and start doing better. Tons of animals die there ALL the time.

Thank you very much for doing what you do to help. The abuse of animals makes my blood boil. All three of my babies were rescued from shelters or rescue groups and were dumped for horrible reasons they can never comprehend (but hopefully don't remember anymore). I am a huge animal rights person.

As for the doggie... unfortunately in a situation like that there's not much you can do. Keep an eye on it, and if there are any real violations talk to the RSPCA again (I remember from when I lived in Bristol that the RSPCA is more proactive than the American version). We had the exact same situation with our neighbors and they finally bought her another dog. Then they moved. Really she just needed some training.

Shows what a sweet person you are that you try to do something though!!

Re: Petco new
      #108943 - 09/28/04 09:29 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I hate going in there and seeing the poor little budgies and the other birds in dirty cages or cages with NOTHING for them to do in there ... We are treating both of my keets right now for mites, 'cause we brought the second one home from there with them but didn't know until about 2 months after we got her.

It aggravates me that they have return policies on their pets, too! I mean, if I don't like my future kids, I can't just send them back where they come from! Why should you do that with a pet? And people wouldn't return the animals if they weren't sick from the store anyway. Plus, what do they do with animals that get returned? Destroy them?

Makes me SO furious. Why don't more people care about protecting the innocent instead of making a quick buck?

--------------------
~*Amber*~

My Fred new
      #109832 - 10/02/04 02:15 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Jenny,
You gave me so much support when Fred was sick over the winter. My heart is broken because he just turned 5 and I had to put him to sleep. Ugghh. I hope I start to feel better soon. Daphne his sister is so lost without him. He was so so sick, but how do you explain that to a dog?
Hope your guys are all well.
Joan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1119

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review