All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Maybe rescue her for yourself? new
      #108889 - 09/28/04 01:58 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Animal cruelty is one of those things that makes me absolutely furious, too. Especially when it's neglect. So far I've had to clip a fence in our area because a goat had stuck it's head out to get a bush and it's horns got caught; I've complained to PetCo because they don't care for sick parakeets - just try to sell them off anyway; and I have had to take over the care of a rabbit for my future brother in law, because his parents didn't make him take care of her.

I wish there were laws against that kind of thing, but unfotunately psychological abuse doesn't count with animals, even though science has proven some of them to be highly aware.

Anyway, now that I have blathered on ... Do you think they would give the dog to you? Or let you buy her from them? Then you could give her all the care she deserves and you would both get a puppy you know is sweet AND be helping a creature in need. Would your neighbors go for it?

If not, I would start a war against them with loud music and throwing dead plants and stuff over the fence, but I'm a meanie and it probably wouldn't work anyway

Wish there was something more I could do - Someday I'm going to have a shelter for abused and neglected animals, but that's a ways away ...

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Petco new
      #108934 - 09/28/04 08:54 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Petco is notorious for treating the animals they have to sell horribly. We won't shop there until they train their staffs and start doing better. Tons of animals die there ALL the time.

Thank you very much for doing what you do to help. The abuse of animals makes my blood boil. All three of my babies were rescued from shelters or rescue groups and were dumped for horrible reasons they can never comprehend (but hopefully don't remember anymore). I am a huge animal rights person.

As for the doggie... unfortunately in a situation like that there's not much you can do. Keep an eye on it, and if there are any real violations talk to the RSPCA again (I remember from when I lived in Bristol that the RSPCA is more proactive than the American version). We had the exact same situation with our neighbors and they finally bought her another dog. Then they moved. Really she just needed some training.

Shows what a sweet person you are that you try to do something though!!

Re: Petco new
      #108943 - 09/28/04 09:29 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I hate going in there and seeing the poor little budgies and the other birds in dirty cages or cages with NOTHING for them to do in there ... We are treating both of my keets right now for mites, 'cause we brought the second one home from there with them but didn't know until about 2 months after we got her.

It aggravates me that they have return policies on their pets, too! I mean, if I don't like my future kids, I can't just send them back where they come from! Why should you do that with a pet? And people wouldn't return the animals if they weren't sick from the store anyway. Plus, what do they do with animals that get returned? Destroy them?

Makes me SO furious. Why don't more people care about protecting the innocent instead of making a quick buck?

--------------------
~*Amber*~

My Fred new
      #109832 - 10/02/04 02:15 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Jenny,
You gave me so much support when Fred was sick over the winter. My heart is broken because he just turned 5 and I had to put him to sleep. Ugghh. I hope I start to feel better soon. Daphne his sister is so lost without him. He was so so sick, but how do you explain that to a dog?
Hope your guys are all well.
Joan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1119

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review