View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Work Question
      #107425 - 09/21/04 08:16 PM
Lil' Bell

Reged: 09/14/04
Loc: South Dakota, USA

Hey guys-

Just looking for a little advice. As I am a chef by trade, I have run across an interesting (although not surprising) challenge. Part of my job is to taste things to see how the seasoning is. So far, I have managed to get one of the guys to do it for me, although they all think I am nuts. However, I forsee this becoming an issue with my boss, as on the weekends I am often the only person there for several hours. Unfortunately, this is some of the highest fat food I have ever made. Most of it is for the cafateria, so there are no guidlines to work under, and the favored ingredients of almost everything we make are butter and cream!

Any ideas on how I can make this work without changing careers (I did just finish school this year for this) or causing any excruciating pain or attacks?

Thank you!

Teresa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Work Question new
      #107493 - 09/22/04 04:29 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

can you taste the spice mix before it goes into the butter and creme??

can you rework some of the recipes to be IBS safe and point out that you are serving healthier food.. I forget what type of place you are working at.... I know with the current healthfood fads out there, most restaurants would encourage that ingenuity if you brought samples in and said you'd like to add them to the menu.... could the crema sauces be made when others are there and you just make the rest of the dish?? and add the sauce.... just some thoughts..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#107552 - 09/22/04 09:07 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I hope this will help. I am also lactose intolerant and if I am going to have a small amount of dairy I take a lactaid ultra. If you have not heard of this before you take it with you first bite of dairy. It has always helped me. Good Luck!

#107579 - 09/22/04 10:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

This is kinda tough! I don't have any real good answers other than to be sure to take you SFS before trying any of that kind of food!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

This is gross but........... new
      #107645 - 09/22/04 02:39 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Could you chew it and spit it out????

Does anyone know if you digest or absorb part of something if you just chew it???

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 557 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1437

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review