All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cystic Fibrosis
      #105379 - 09/12/04 09:59 PM
ribbit

Reged: 08/26/04
Loc: Longview, TX

My best friend just found out her little brother has CF. Has anyone out there ever heard of someone being diagnosed at 16 years of age?! She and her parents are devastated and we are all searching for information. To make matters worse, she has two beautiful children, 2 and 9mo, and now she and the kids have to be tested. Then she and her husband have to be tested to see if they are carriers. Anything info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cystic Fibrosis new
      #105380 - 09/12/04 10:10 PM
BigCityMedic

Loc: New York City

http://www.cff.org/home/
contact them....thay are all very nice people I have dealt with them in the past. I lost a friend to cystic fibrosis when i was growing up. We used to go to their fundraising walks and events. Its been a while maybe i will do it again this year.

#105381 - 09/12/04 10:12 PM
ribbit

Thank you...so, what are you doing up so late...It's what? 2:00a there...I was just staying up cause I have to sleep tomorrow for work tomorrow night, but my son is sick. Three years old and has a 103 fever, tummy ache, and a headache...Ugh, the "joys" of parenthood...I hate it when they are sick.

#105383 - 09/12/04 10:21 PM
BigCityMedic

Loc: New York City

its 115 here....but i am off tomorrow. I forgot to mention we rotate 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off and so on. yes my job description gets worse and worse i know...LOL. Soon I will be in texas, we can be partners and complain all day that our stomachs hurt..LOL. Your job has much better perks than mine. Off to bed goodnight...oh and definetely give CFF a call they will help.

#105384 - 09/12/04 10:28 PM
ribbit

Poor baby...I can't imagine how stressful it is working there. Come to Texas...We are WAY more laid back then New Yorkers! For fun, we go four wheeler riding, camping, outdoorsy stuff, drink a cold beer around a campfire..way laid back Oh and at the PD, we sometimes have shift parties, do y'all do that? It's a blast...
Yeah, you and your wife need to move. You could go to the police academy and then at least you could carry a gun LOL!! Then, come to work for us....we could use some good people (not that we don't have any, we just happen to be hiring right now)...Plus, we have civil service protection..not a bad deal...And, if you worked there, someone would understand my agony with my tummy
Sweet dreams...

#105421 - 09/13/04 06:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Having a # of friends with the disease (yes in the older population) and some friends whose kids have it.. I walk almost every year (missed this year because of my sisters wedding.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#105476 - 09/13/04 08:29 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

My best friend was diagnosed at 2 months. She's 22 now and doing ok, but still has to go and stay in the hospital for about 2 weeks every year. Neither of my friends parents are carriers, it's a recessive gene. I'm not sure on all the details of how it's carried, but they don't know for sure that if she has children she'll give it to them or not. It's scary.

#106142 - 09/16/04 12:31 AM
ribbit

Thanks for the posts and support. Now, they are telling her brother that he may NOT have CF. He has had four sweat tests and one was high and the other three were borderline. Yesterday, he was tested in 4 different places on his body and all were within normal ranges. AHHH!! Now we have to wait on the genetic test to get back. We are wondering if his polycystic kidney disease might be contributing to his somewhat abnormal sweat tests.. Unsure right now

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 784 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review