All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What's your fav store to shop at?
      #104450 - 09/08/04 08:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I love bookstores! LOL I also like the make up counter. Hubby loves REI. I'd have to say for now though, the pet store is my fav!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thrift stores!! new
      #104452 - 09/08/04 08:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I am a complete and total secondhand-shop junkie. The big ones, like Goodwill and Salvation Army, are ok, but I really like the little, individually-owned ones... run by churches, food kitchens, other charitable organizations... they have some of the BEST stuff. I don't think I've bought clothes new in years.

Re: What's your fav store to shop at? new
      #104477 - 09/08/04 09:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oooh, hard one!

I love bookstores, especially if they have couches and a coffe bar!

I'm nuts about homewares stores atm. Cushions, picture frames, kitchen stuff, candles...anything for my little house!

Taking my dog into the pet store is also fun!

Teddy Bear shops! I'm a sucker for soft toys . And chocolate shops.

Can you tell I like shopping!?!

#104482 - 09/08/04 09:42 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I love to go to the Gap and Old Navy. I also like American Eagle. I love little crafty shops too. Furniture shops!

--------------------

#104488 - 09/08/04 09:55 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

That IS a hard one...
Um, I like shopping for clothes.. I like charity shops as it's obviously less expensive and it's nice to give to charity. I like Next a lot, 'cause they make pants that are short enough for my duck legs!
I like a store here called Bravissimo 'cause it makes bras for big boobs and I got a lotta boob...
Oooh! I know! I absolutely adore drug stores.. I know that's kinda lame.. but I can go into a London Drugs at home to buy cough drops and come out with $50 worth of stuff I don't need but I love it.. yep, I like drug stores..
And I LOVE little animals but I cannot stand pet stores! I used to like them but now when I go in and see puppies in cages it makes my heart break and a few months ago when I was in a pretty rotten state already we went in one and I just about started crying when there was a little puppy scratching at the cage and looking so hopeful... If I'd had any money, I'd have probably taken them all home that day and my boyfriend would have killed me!! And when I went in once there were all these massive spiders in cages and now I am scared every time I pass one that there'll be an escaped spider or something... Why would anyone want a spider as a pet??? *shudders* That's my one really irrational fear, but... blech!
Okay, I'm done.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#104503 - 09/08/04 10:37 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This is a hard one cuz I'm a total shopaholic!!

Bookstores are at the top of my list for sure...and if I get anywhere near Kensington Market (it's a part of town where there a lots of little shops) it's over for me!!

#104509 - 09/08/04 10:57 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

So "to shop at" implies actually purchasing things. So that rules out Barnes and Noble, at which I like to hang out, read their magazines and books for free, and occasionally buy some coffee.

So my favorite store to actually BUY things at is probably our grocery store. We shop mostly at Central Market, which is an awesome grocery store with almost all the major Vegetarian food substitute brands, superb produce, and like, an aisle of salsa. We come out of there with all kinds of interesting and yummy things.

#104513 - 09/08/04 11:08 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm all about the bookshops, especially used bookstores, because they're cheaper and just seem to have more character in general.

Also love electronics stores (especially ones with DVDs, I'm a movie freak too!)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#104514 - 09/08/04 11:39 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I'm a shopaholic

my favorite places to shop are TARGET.. I could go in there and shop for hours.. its a good place to just wander around and always find something

American eagle and express for clothes

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE TJMAXX and Marshalls.. great stuff for cheap.. epecially stuff for the apartment

--------------------

#104515 - 09/08/04 11:44 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

My absolute favorite store would have to be Roots...I'm a true Canadian at heart

I also love this new store in my city called Linens and Things...it's got a bunch of stuff for the home and I could spend hours in there!

Kelly

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review