All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
ruchie... new
      #104282 - 09/07/04 09:52 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thanks so much.. you are an absolute sweetheart!

Sorry I confused you.. I actually graduated from umass amherst in 2003, so I've been in MA for awhile. After I graduated I moved in with the ex so we could stay together while he finished up his masters at umass. I then decided to apply for my masters when he finished his and applied primarily in virginia (where i'm from) and massachusetts. Well I got into TUFTS and decided to go there for grad school so me and my ex could be together. It was my only MA school I applied to so when I got in I figured it was fate that I was meant to go there and stay with him. Then this june he dumped me. very sad story.

So basically.. I really didn't want to stay in Massachusetts all that much.. but I knew I wanted to be with him and he was that important to me that I stayed. Now that we are broken up I just feel crappy that i'm stuck here alone.. when I should be here with him. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.. I've never actually lived in boston so this area is still so new to me.

It just makes it harder to know that he lives like ten minutes away.. and that he's cuddling with other people.. while i'm still hurt over this. I probably shouldn't even still be hurt.. I mean we broke up two and a half months ago. I should be over it by now. I was getting better when I went and spent the summer in virginia with my family, but its hard to be back here without him, you know?

ok I gotta go.. thanks to everyone for their responses, and I'll respond later.. my first class starts in half an hour though. yikes.. I have two today.. and will be in class till 8:30 at night. yikes. wish me luck and thanks for the love.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need some love.. new
      #104284 - 09/07/04 09:53 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ashley - I read this message too late. How did your first day go?? I hope it went well, and you met some cool people. College - especially grad school - is SO busy, I know, but it's also a lot of fun. And believe me - you find a way to have fun and have time. It all works out somehow. Heck, I was an engineer with 20+ credit hours a semester, working 20 hours a week, and I still managed to have fun every weekend, and some Thursday nights! You will figure it out, but I know it is VERY stressful in the beginning. I'll be thinking about ya!

Meanwhile, that was completely rude of Vinnie to write that. He did do it on purpose. He's trying to make you sad for some reason, which is just WRONG. Why would someone who loved you intentionally try to hurt you? He's not worth your time, or your buddy list. If you absolutely can't take him off, just write an away message like, 'Hangin out with my awesome new friends!! '
You're stronger than that. I know it's a rough time, but you will get through it. It'll only make you even stronger. And when you meet the right guy, you'll wonder why you ever sulked so much over Vinnie! And believe me - it sounds like you'll find true love before he ever does. :P
Smile! Everyone's gonna love ya at school.
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: ruchie... new
      #104285 - 09/07/04 09:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Two and a half months is nothing! It takes time to get over someone! The longer you were together...the longer it takes to heal. the more we give to someone...the more we lose......and you're such a giver, it's clear...

Wow, class is satrting so soon...I hope they go well for you! What are you tkaing right now? My best friend is at BU Med School righ now. She's so busy I never hear from her anymore

Anyway, let me know if you need any Boston help. Enjoy class...and don't pressure yourself to heal. It will come. You're not weird or anything for not being over him yet. Even when people hurt us and we know they're no good...it hurts because we care and we gave ourselves to that person. Congratulate yourself for being a sensative, caring giver...and know that one day you'll find someone that will be the same way you are and you'll have a healthy, happy relationship. In the meantime...we love you Ash!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#104290 - 09/07/04 10:17 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

awww, Ashley, that stinks.
We all told you that Vinnie was a big jerk that doesn't deserve you! He would be lucky to have you as a friend, but he is too stupid to realize.
i am sure that you are going to be so busy with school that in another couple of months you are gonna say, "Vinnie-who?"
Hope you are feeling better sweetie.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: ruchie... new
      #104296 - 09/07/04 10:51 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hey Ashley,

I know I am on the enemy's side (the men) but I know for a fact that it takes a lot longer than two and a half months to get over someone you loved and care about. When I broke up with my ex who I loved very much it took me about six months before I could even think about being another girl. And I know living 10 minutes away can be tough but I lived right next door to my ex for 9 months after we broke up. Not easy at all. You will come out of all this a stronger person, trust me on that.

You will meet new people. You will be happy again. You're a very attractive gal and when you are ready you will have your choice of men to go out with.

Hang in there... Things will get better

--------------------

#104329 - 09/07/04 03:19 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I remember when I moved away from home for the first time.

I was so stupid and moved close to where my high-school boyfriend moved. I found a college nearby and got in to one of their programs. A month after I moved there he dumped me! Yep. What a jerk. But I wanted to finish my 2 year program as I was interested in it but like you didn't know anyone there at all.

I'd like to say that I met a terrific guy while living there but I didn't. I only went on 2 dates in 2 years. Yikes... It wasn't until I moved to another city, and went to a completely different college that I met my current (and probably final) boyfriend).

Hang in there and make every effort to be social and make friends. It makes living in a different city much more fun!

Best of luck! You seem like a fun person, I'm sure you'll meet at least one or two good friends soon! It just takes time

thanks ladies.. you guys are amazing and so sweet! -nt- new
      #104338 - 09/07/04 04:00 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

I need some love new
      #104340 - 09/07/04 04:02 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh god cara... you sound like you were busy.. haha you can be my idol.

--------------------

tommy.. new
      #104341 - 09/07/04 04:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

if it takes so long why is he already cuddling..

hopefully he means with his cat.

--------------------

OK first day is over and done with... new
      #104342 - 09/07/04 04:10 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hi everyone..

thanks so much for your repsonses.. you guys are so sweet and really made me feel better.

unfortunately his away message is still "cuddling" but whatever.. he's an ass. Thanks for reminding me. Its hard to remember that sometimes.. and it still hurts cause I give my all and love so much in my relationships.. ruchie was very right about me. So it makes the sting that much stronger.

Anyways.. I had my first two classes.. biological basis of behavior and seminar in psychological studies in education. The first one seems difficult and the second one seems more interesting than the first. Both are gonna be alot of work... but I kinda feel a little better about it all. I just learned i'll be reading from now until forever. haha but other than that it doesn't seem like too much work.

I had met a few people from my program last week at orientation so they were all familiar faces and we hung out in between class today outside and talked and we all exchanged email addresses and screen names. A bunch of them seem really nice so hopefully we'll have time to actually hang out outside of classes. That is one thing that is looking up.. I think I should hopefully be able to make a few friends. I'm sure it will take time before we're ready to hang out lots, but I def feel more comfortable. I think I'm one of the more outgoing in the group so i hopefully won't have too many problems.

I just don't feel ready for studying again. I took a year off and basically did nothing but hang out with vinnie for a year, so I'm still kinda in lazy mode. That will have to change.

thanks so much for the support everyone. you are angels.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2032 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1335

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review