Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for anyone on Effexor...
      #103459 - 09/02/04 11:45 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Well, I finally started my Effexor yesterday and so far I'm not having too many problems, except for a really strange night last night. I've been on anti-depressants before and I've never had too much trouble adjusting to them at first (i.e. I don't get dizzy, nauseous etc) but last night I didn't sleep a wink, and my legs were twitching like crazy! I mean, I had hardly any control, I would start to drift off and then I'd kick myself! I nailed myself right in the kneecap twice, and ended up having to get up to take a pain med because my legs hurt so much . Did anyone else have a similar experience or now if this could be from the Effexor? I know it could probably be a lot worse and I'm not complaining, it was just really weird.

Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for anyone on Effexor... new
      #103738 - 09/03/04 05:16 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey, I can't speak for the Effexor, but I had some pretty severe side-effects when I was first on Zoloft. I believe in general they're supposed to go away after a week or two once your body adjusts. There are a whole pile of people on the board who have gone through these side-effects, so I'm sure someone else here might be able to address this one in particular.

#103764 - 09/03/04 07:49 PM
neet

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: California

i take effexor..have been for about 2 yeras...used to get panic attacks and anxiety.. i do get restless legs..don't know if it is from effexor.....ummmmmm ..however i have restless leg syndrome and there is a site for it too ...
i take neurontin for that and it is a wonder drug..but ask dr. first and i will check side affecks from effexor
thanks hope this helps neet

#103866 - 09/04/04 11:18 AM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

Hello Kelly,
I have been on it for 8 months now....it took about 2 weeks to get over the side effects (which weren't severe), such as: loss of appetite, trouble sleeping (even though I didn't sleep I wasn't tired), dizziness. I also have had a lot of trouble with my legs twitching and waking myself (and my boyfried) up in the middle of the night numerous times. I believe this is a side effect because it had never happened to me that much before. It got bad, then went away, and now it only happens every now and then.

Overall, I am happy with this drug and seems to have made my life that much better!
Hope this helps...

#104504 - 09/08/04 10:38 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, again! Yes, that lovely side effect will get better as your body gets used to it. I find that two capsules of potassium supplement about 2 hours before bed helps tremendously. If I forget to take it, my legs remind me immediately!! Sweet dreams.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 539 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 916

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review