All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Piercing new
      #103369 - 09/02/04 05:08 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I was into that before tatoos - I had 10 piercings all together. Now I took most out and I just have 6 in my ears, and one in my belly button!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Body piercing new
      #103395 - 09/02/04 07:10 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Just to one up everybody~ I got my first piercing in '88 in my navel. By '89 I had it triple pierced. I was vacationing in europe at the time ('88), and read the caption under a picture in a paris magazine... "kids, don't do this at home!" I went back to america and imediately did. By spring 89 a skinhead at my school had copied me... we were the only kids with one. His was in his navel too. My orig piercing was in until 92 when you could buy docs at nordstroms by then. I took mine out then.

Back when I was cool--

~nel~

Re: My FAVORITE subject!! - Kimm new
      #103398 - 09/02/04 07:31 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know how I missed this post... sorry about that!

If you're thinking about emailing Shelley, I'd do it really soon... I'm not sure, but I've heard through the grapevine that the project is just about closed to new applicants. She had a period of time where she couldn't work on it, due to a repetitive stress injury in her arm (she couldn't type to answer email), and she got REALLY backed up... in those 6 months or so, she got several thousand emails. LOL!

None of us have any idea what the story is about. That's the catch. You had to be willing to participate, even knowing that the story could turn out to be something really awful, hehe.

Thanks!

Piercings! new
      #103407 - 09/02/04 08:01 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I love piercings!
Don't have any myself, though , except for ears.
I want to get a piercing done, but don't know what to get. I absoloutey love facial piercings, but can't get them cause I work in an office.
So, I may get my bellybutton pierced this fall, but that is kind of getting redundant at this point, everyone has it done between the ages of 15-45.
Any other ideas for inconspicous unusual peircings, anyone?
Oh, and no "private" ones... I ain't that wild!

--------------------
-Sheri

nelly new
      #103408 - 09/02/04 08:04 AM
Sheri01

What is the "triple navel piercing" that you are talking about? It may be kind of like what I am looking for... (see my above post)
I had some kind of idea of getting two barbells in the top of my bellybutton, kind of hard to explain, but I am not sure if it is possible. Dont know too much about piercing yet, so I am not too sure of what CAN be done. Maybe I will look online for a website with pictures or something.

--------------------
-Sheri

OOooohhhh! Motorcycles! new
      #103410 - 09/02/04 08:06 AM
Sheri01

I love motorcycles, but they are still alittle myseterious to me, never been on one
My boyfriend is too much of a wuss to get one... if we wind up breaking up (things haven't been lookin too good lately), my next BF will MOST DEFINATELY have to have a motorcycle. And maybe a tattoo or two.

--------------------
-Sheri

#103413 - 09/02/04 08:10 AM
Cherry

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: Windsor, Ontario

Theres nothing wrong to admitting that thats who you are. I have gauged piercing in my ears...you only do it once so do it well...

Triple navel piercing new
      #103415 - 09/02/04 08:19 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I had a ring in the top, and 2 barbells, one on each side. The whole thing was beautiful, 18-gauge. This is before barbells were commercially available, and they were not screws. I had an artist in baltimore I found by asking around tattoo parlors make them for me. He was a welder too.

Funny memory, when I went to pick them up at his place, they were in the autoclave, and he had had a long night, and I remember the sight of him, coming down the stairs, black spikey hair, with magic marker drawings all over him. His girlfriend, another local artist, had spent the night decorating him. I was this impressionable 18 year old and thot he was beeeeutiful.

I'm always surprised piercings caught on as they have. My younger brother has many, many piercings and tats... Gen X hit him like a ton of bricks.

~nel~

Casey! new
      #103416 - 09/02/04 08:25 AM
Sheri01

i always see your skin project link, and always think to check it out and then forget.
Well, I checked it out today... that is so interesting! I immediately sent Shelley and email- hopefully I will be selected, but from your last post and the few amount of participants that she actually needs, it is probably a slim chance.
Oh, well, anything is worth a try!
Wish me luck!

--------------------
-Sheri

#103428 - 09/02/04 10:13 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hehe... this is true. I just get funny about mentioning it around people if I'm not sure how they're react... it's really common up here, and most people don't even notice them, but I know that isn't the case everywhere.

"Gauged" is kind of misnomer, anyway, since I'm well out of the gauges. Mine are at 5/8".

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16348

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review