All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just Complaining
      #102044 - 08/27/04 05:21 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I attend Penn State where there are over 45,000 students so it's extremely difficult to get special consideration. I had my doctor fill out all the necessary paperwork so that the University would provide either meals I can eat or a place where I can cook for myself. Well, the University apparently lost my paperwork so they never started the process to get approval. I've already moved into my dorm room and am ready to scream. Because of fire safety codes I can't have any appliances other than a fridge and a microwave in my room. Ggggrrrr.

On a positive note, my RA and my advisors are being great, one of them even cooked me dinner last night and gave me enough left overs to get through the weekend. I'm just so fed up with my school, it's not my fault they lost my paperwork but I'm the one suffering. Thankfully the health-food craze has transcended my school so they do offer vegan meal options and I was able to find a vegan pumpkin pie tonight!

Meg

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just Complaining new
      #102082 - 08/27/04 08:45 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

boo.. I'm sorry everything and school is so crappy.. pennstates so huge I can imagine how hard it is to get anything accomplished. Where in PA are you from.. I grew up in the south hills of pittsburgh.

--------------------

Re: Just Complaining new
      #102094 - 08/27/04 10:07 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*HUGS* I know how you feel, my university loses stuff like that all the time, you have no idea how happy I was to not have a meal plan sophomore year and to get out of the dorms. Do as much as you can with your microwave, I even went as far sometimes freshman year as using my roommate's easy mac or ragu express, just make the pasta, don't put the stuff on it. Then you get microwavable pasta, maybe have a few spices around to put on it. Maybe try keeping bagels and snacky type stuff around as well for when you can't find anything else safe to eat. Hope all of the paperwork issues clear up soon!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Where in PA new
      #102123 - 08/28/04 05:59 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I'm from West Chester, PA. It's about 45 minutes outside of Philadelphia.

Meg

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review