All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: What's your favorite small luxury? new
      #100558 - 08/23/04 11:42 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

Good chocolate! I used to only eat milk or white chocolate because too much cocoa gave me migraines. Now I can't eat those, but I can eat 70% cocoa plain chocolate! So I treat myself to the BEST!

Well, yes, Linz, if it's not the BEST it's not a luxury!! Andy buys Valhrona or Caillbaut (sp?) sometimes for cooking, usually the unsweetened, but sometimes the semi sweet. That he has to hide from me!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#100559 - 08/23/04 11:43 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

Spa Days (tm). I can't afford to go off to a spa, so I do it at home. Soak in a hot bath, do a facial masque, manicure and pedicure, follow it with a treat for lunch (like some sushi, which I never buy because it's expensive) and/or a nap. Ahhh...

Ahhh, I can feel myself relaxing just reading it. Now, how often do you schedule these??????? I bet not often enough, miss thing!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#100560 - 08/23/04 11:45 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

I have 2- a piece of really good dark chocolate (Hrm- I have some at home, maybe tonight?) or working with really fancy fiber.. I knit and crochet and spin, and some of the fibers are just a dream to work with but cost a fortune too... I want to make a sweater out of one yarn, but the yarn would cost 85$ to buy! its called cotton tape and at 8.50 a ball, 10 balls is more then I can afford...

I absolutely LOVE tape yarn sweaters! I have one that's a dark purple sleeveless shell from I think Linda Allard for Ellen Tracy. I wondered why they're so expensive -- it's the yarn itself. Cool!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#100563 - 08/23/04 11:55 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

This is kinda goofy, but I like to have my lunch in front of the TV watching....Soap Operas. Yeah, I know, I need to get a life. I think it is really fun to see what all these people that I feel like I know personally are up to. I limit myself to two Soap Operas and then I'm back to my duties as assigned.

Barbie

--------------------

I haven't had one since.... new
      #100571 - 08/23/04 11:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...I moved into this s***hole apartment we live in. Part of the "spa day" experience is having a nice ambience in the bathroom, and our bathroom in this dump is SO awful that all the candles and incense in the world can't make it a relaxing place for me. (Hint: the walls are rotting, the toilet is butted up against the tub, and we don't even have consistent hot water!)

So... yeah, it's been about a year.

Can't wait till we move!!

#100580 - 08/23/04 12:07 PM
LauraSue

Quote:

This is kinda goofy, but I like to have my lunch in front of the TV watching....Soap Operas. Yeah, I know, I need to get a life. I think it is really fun to see what all these people that I feel like I know personally are up to. I limit myself to two Soap Operas and then I'm back to my duties as assigned.

Barbie

Sounds great, Barbie! I saw an article somewhere recently about all these actors who'd gotten their starts on the soaps. A lot of amazing names! Of course I can't remember a single one now!! (ribbit)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Ugh!!! I can not think of one!! - nt new
      #100581 - 08/23/04 12:07 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#100610 - 08/23/04 12:55 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Laura- anything handknit costs more but yes, the coton tape is very expesive yarn... and I love it.. and drool over it.. I think it will go on my birthday list next spring for mom to get me.. she knits and would buy expensive yarn if I begged enough...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#100617 - 08/23/04 01:12 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

LOL! I wasn't going to admit mine until you said Soap Operas, Barbie!! *deep breath* Mine is reading the tabloids. It was my new year's resolution to read crap each week, and it's grown on me...!

I'm the former stoic, sarcastic, hoity, English major literature snob, so trust me, it's very funny to see me reading that dreck. AND I LOVE IT! Mwah hah hah!

~not really nel, who would never actually stoop to read the Enquirer and Star for the last 8 mos.~

Tabloids... new
      #100619 - 08/23/04 01:15 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

...and the Globe, Us, and the Sun. .....ahem.

~nel's pseudonym~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1795 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review