All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Go Shell, I know you are going to do this!!!!! new
      #75102 - 05/31/04 09:36 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

It is a new week, no excuses. I was a size 20, now I am a size 14. Yayyyyyyy. NO, I did not loose my weight the right way, I was having lots of other problems. I look back on it now, and dont really care how I lost it, it is gone. I just want to keep it off, because I just bought new clothes. cant have that money going down the drain,now can we.

Thanks for the calorie counting idea, I have never done that, I am going to right now!!

I also take anti's, they have definitely given me a fight, they love to hold on to that fat. Hate 'em, have to take 'em.

Keep on and on and on and on, you are an inspiration to me.

PS, I have never read the knife attack story. so sorry you had to experience something so horrendous! So glad you are alive and able to live among the best of us!!! Prayers to you also.

gayla

gayla:
I know you can keep it off.... if it's what you really want you will make it happen.

Thanks for your encouraging words... they REALLY help!!

Calorie counting has TOTALLY opened my eyes to see how MUCH (portion wise) as well as unneeded calories. WOW....I'm guessing before this week I was eating close to 3,500 calories a day... no wonder I packed on the pounds.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (06/01/04 10:49 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Diet and Weight Loss Police here............ new
      #75104 - 05/31/04 09:41 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Shell, you are amazing. You're making me feel so guilty I'm reporting in too..............
Anybody else wanna join us.......? You don't even have to be planning to go to the Fall Sprawl, but hey, if you look that great by Oct. you may change your mind and come help us live it up...

From what I can tell Shell, you're gonna surprise yourself and loose more like 50, maybe more !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you, but I'm here to make sure you DON'T slack up.......

geez, I don't recall ever aspiring to be a drill sergeant!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Diet and Weight Loss Police here............ new
      #75105 - 05/31/04 09:43 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You're making me feel so guilty I'm reporting in too..............

Kandee.... I'm just playing... trust me... it is KNOWING that I have to report that I'm SO careful ALL DAY LONG.... LOL So, THANK YOU!!

--------------------

#75107 - 05/31/04 09:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Quote:

Kandee.... I'm just playing... trust me... it is KNOWING that I have to report that I'm SO careful ALL DAY LONG.... LOL So, THANK YOU!!

You know something? I didn't realize what an affect actually having to WRITE out what you eat daily , for all the world to see, would have. Isn't it amazing that we now think twice about how many calories are in what, and if we had enuf protein, or veggies or fruits for the day,..........etc, etc........I know how you feel.....I'm feeling the same way.....
I think if others would do this they'd get that same feeling.......the OMG..........to much candy, or OMG, no protein, or veggies, or whatever...........feeling...

Then there is the other factor.............what are others going to think if I've eaten nothing but muffins for 3 days in a row? (Something I've been known to do, BTW.)
Kandee

--------------------

#75111 - 05/31/04 10:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know something? I didn't realize what an affect actually having to WRITE out what you eat daily , for all the world to see, would have. Isn't it amazing that we now think twice about how many calories are in what, and if we had enuf protein, or veggies or fruits for the day,..........etc, etc........I know how you feel.....I'm feeling the same way.....
I think if others would do this they'd get that same feeling.......the OMG..........to much candy, or OMG, no protein, or veggies, or whatever...........feeling...

Then there is the other factor.............what are others going to think if I've eaten nothing but muffins for 3 days in a row? (Something I've been known to do, BTW.)
Kandee

I hear ya sister.... I can't count how many times this last 4 days I have said OMG!!

--------------------

I LOST 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! new
      #76392 - 06/04/04 09:29 PM
Shell Marr

I LOST 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK.....ONLY 38 TO GO BY OCT 15TH!!
You can see my daily report in on the "Vegas" board.....

--------------------

Re: I LOST 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! new
      #76397 - 06/04/04 09:38 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Yay!!!!! 2lbs is great!!! Keep it up girl, if you get discouraged, let us help you!!

Hey, I thought I felt something on my behind this morning, its those danged 2lbs you lost, well I found them, and they have attached themselves to my butt!!! I just dont think thats one bit funnny!!!!

Gayla

Re: I LOST 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! new
      #76401 - 06/04/04 09:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yay!!!!! 2lbs is great!!! Keep it up girl, if you get discouraged, let us help you!!

Hey, I thought I felt something on my behind this morning, its those danged 2lbs you lost, well I found them, and they have attached themselves to my butt!!! I just dont think thats one bit funnny!!!!

Gayla

Oh Gayla... you made me laugh.... that was funny!! LOL Thanks for your encouragment!!

--------------------

Awesome, lady!! -nt- new
      #76412 - 06/05/04 02:46 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I LOST 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! Hooray for Shell!!!!! new
      #76415 - 06/05/04 04:12 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Good for you Shell!!!

I wanted to give you a suggestion if someone hasn't already given it to you. Since I didn't post for a few days haven't got to check. When I went on a diet what I did BESIDES weigh myself was to take my measurements. I took my bust, waist, hip and thigh (for the thigh measure down eight inches from the waist (that is the part of the thigh they say IS your thigh) and then measure it around the circumfrence and after write down the date you took the measurements and all the measurements you took. Now when you weigh yourself (not more than once a week or you will go crazy LOL) also take your measurements and write them down. Then if don't lose that week or lose less than you think you should have the measurements will show how many inches you've lost. Sometimes when we lose weight it is only water, and if we don't lose it is because we're holding the fluids,but measurements show how much FAT is being burned off. I lost 67 lbs. when I did diet and did this and it really helps. You will notice a couple of pounds one week, none another and then can drop 5 or 6 the next week. Since you are also exercising the measurements will really show how many inches you've lost.

The most important thing to remember is it took us quite a while to put the weight ON and it will take time to also get it off, but it WILL come off. It took me 8 months to lose the 67 lbs. Now I need to lose what I put back on again as that was quite a long time ago.

You Can Do It!!!!!!

Hugs and Congrats to you!!!!

Pat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 310082

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review