All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Exercise a trigger?
      #367393 - 05/06/12 02:09 PM
nutritionlover

Reged: 09/18/11

I know most people say working out helps their IBS, but has anyone else had the opposite experience?

I am IBS-A and I will say that when I am constipated, bloated or feeling full, a walk does feel good. However, about half the time I walk I seem to get a bit crampy or gassy afterwards. I don't usually get D or anything, but my stomach does start to cramp up. For several reasons, mainly chronic fatigue and frequent lightheadedness, I can't handle anything more strenuous than walking, but even that doesn't always agree with my IBS. Has anyone else experienced this?

--------------------
IBS A (more D than C). Severe GERD & Hiatal Hernia as well.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Exercise a trigger? new
      #367402 - 05/07/12 08:44 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Unless I'm already feeling "iffy", a gentle to moderate walk doesn't hurt me. Strenuous exercise or a vigorous walk will sometimes trigger something.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: Exercise a trigger? new
      #368892 - 01/01/13 01:09 AM
RedTearsBlackWings

Reged: 12/31/12

I've found this as well! Even yoga upsets my IBS and I'm also finding that most people here don't seem to have this experience. Clearly we're odd balls lol. See even when I'm feeling fine before walking I get sick soon after starting.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6693

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review