All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Runner's Runs
      #367012 - 03/14/12 11:19 AM
Didem

Reged: 02/27/12

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask the people who have IBS-D and run if they noticed their IBS getting worse. I've been fairly stable the past 2 years with imodium and florastor. Last year I quit smoking and the beginning of this year I decided that I'm gonna start exercising. I'm training for a 10K and I'm running 3 times a week. Ever since I started running my IBS has been a roller coaster of diarrhea and constipation. Any suggestions what might be going on?

Thanks,
Didem

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Runner's Runs new
      #368090 - 08/24/12 04:59 AM
Seriegubben

Reged: 04/05/12

I feel like I have the same problem. I have runners diarrhea and yes, I also experience worsen bowel movements when I start jogging. In fact, I get severe diarrhea compared to when I'm not exercising through jogging.

It's quite upsetting that your body responds in a very negative way when you do something you know is supposed to be good for it.

I have found that not eating 2 hours prior to jogging might (the keyword is might) help elivate the feeling of having a severe diarreha episode in the middle of the jogging track and afterwards. But it doesn't help all the time. The only other thing I could think of is to follow the general recommendations of how to handle runners diarreha. If that doesn't help at all, well, I'm just as baffled as you are. IBS is a bitch.

After I started exercising again, by both jogging and by weightlifting, the symptom I feel is worsen the most is the feeling of incomplete evacuation, which is a serious pain to my all-day life.

I hope you find some answer to this whole ordeal!

Edited by Seriegubben (08/24/12 05:02 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review