All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bladder Issues?
      #362469 - 12/12/10 12:47 PM
iowamary

Reged: 12/12/10

I have dealt with what I thought were solely bladder issues for years (frequency and urgency), but pelvic heaviness and pain, particularly in my lower left quadrant. The condition is lessened with the passage of gas and relieved by a complete evacuation---if that happens! When the colon is operating well, the bladder is greatly improved, so I'm beginning to think my attention should be focused more on the intestines than the urinary system. One other thing that makes me thing this is the direction I should go is the result of a test on one of several red spots on my skin last winter (they have since disappeared). The dermatologist didn't know what they were, so he biopsied one and sent it our for analysis. The report said that they were indeterminate but are often found in conjunction with Crohn's disease. An interesting finding, given my father suffered from this. COULD a "cranky" colon be making its neighbor the bladder crabby, too?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bladder Issues? new
      #362538 - 12/16/10 02:42 PM
Followmyheart

Reged: 12/15/10
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi there,

I noticed you said 'complete evacuation...when that happens!'

In the past, I used to get UTI's because my bowels were overfull all the time. A doctor told me the reason I would get them so often is that I was constipated. Even now, my bladder will start to hurt if I'm going through a constipation phase (which is rare for me).

Are you taking a soluble fiber supplementation of some sort? I bet that will help keep it clear!

Have a great day!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."~Flora Whittemore

#363303 - 02/03/11 01:19 PM
SweetTony

Reged: 11/17/10
Loc: Maine

I have posted here before with similar questions. Prior to my IBS dx I had issues with frequent urination. I had to go all the time. Trips were difficult. Since my IBS began I have little to no bladder issues. I think they are connected in some way but I cannot find any connection in any studies. I no longer have to urinate all the time but now I am constipated and have phantom urges and occasional uncontrolable bowel movements. I do not think that it is ironic that I no longer need to rush from toilet to toilet to urinate but now I need to for bowel movements. I think they are connected. Water in the colon being processed incorrectly?

#363358 - 02/06/11 01:39 PM
JJ2

Reged: 02/06/11

We are new here. I happened to come across this post just now after I signed up. I wonder if your bowel issues could be what I have. I have IBS for year's and a few year's ago my bladder dropped all of the sudden, how scary. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and bladder repaired and stiched back up. I told my gyne I had constant lower stomach and pain while trying to go #2, he insisted my rear pelvic wall area and rectum had not dropped. Trying to recuperate I continued to have pain. I finally went back in for my third post op visit and he confirmed finally that my rectum had dropped. I see a uro-gynecologist I love and am trying to literally hang in there before more surgery. I have pain often and often barely make it to the bathroom. The colon, rectum and bladder are all together and one weighs on the other the uro-gyne told me. Comments?

#364396 - 04/21/11 09:28 AM
SweetTony

Reged: 11/17/10
Loc: Maine

Well, I am thinking that bladder function and bowel function have a close relationship. I think that my issues may be different than yours. I have had many, many tests and check ups that resulted in the exclusionary dx of IBS. Nothing seems to be wrong with me physically (in the tradittional sense).

#364676 - 05/10/11 07:26 PM
Caityc

Reged: 05/10/11

Have you seen a urologist yet? I believe there is a connection although I can't explain it. I was diagnosed with IBS which started out D, went to C, and then a mix of both now, I feel mine is very dependent upon my anxiety. This all started at 18. At 19 I started having frequency and urgency with my bladder. I had testing, never came positive for a UTI but the exact same symptoms. I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cysitis. Basically an inflammation of the bladder walls. I reccommend going to a Urologist and getting checked out, make sure they know about your IBS. Good luck. Also, try to eliminate caffiene, carbonated drinks, alcohol (or moderate it like i do ) and acidic foods such as lemons, limes, etc. Hope this helps!

#364684 - 05/11/11 06:00 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

In his book "A new IBS Solution", Dr. Mark Pimentel claims that urination is coordinated with the cleansing waves of tke small intestine.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

#366616 - 12/28/11 01:28 PM
mnm

Reged: 12/28/11

I was diagnosed with IBS constipation recently and about a year ago dx with interstitial cystitis-its where the bladder lining gets inflamed. I control mine by diet-there are certian foods that will make me feel as if i have an UTI when In fact I dont. I read somewhere that these can go hand in hand so I thought this may help.

#366934 - 02/26/12 09:39 PM
Jared

Reged: 02/26/12

I was looking for same issue.....thanks for posting this topic guys.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17947

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review