All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Seeking Advice
      #359588 - 07/04/10 01:40 PM
Miaa

Reged: 07/04/10
Loc: Scotland

Hi I'm seeking advice on my symptoms, I hope this is the appropriate board to do so.

I'm 20 and I've had IBS since I was 13 and it's been constant diarrhea(sp?) since, with extreme gas and sometimes it would swing to constipation. Either way, I'm experiencing extreme pain in my stomach and lower back area throughout the day, sometimes doubled over.

The wind is the most humiliating part for me, I just can't stop it, I can't hold it in at all. I feel the need to go all the time and once I have went, it feels as though there's still more to come, even if it's D. It's so frustrating, so embarrassing and I know people notice! I worry myself sick about it, I can't fully concentrate on my job or any aspects of my life because I'm so scared of these social situations and having more people noticing my symptoms. I feel as though this is constantly holding me back!

I've been to the doctors numerous times over the years, detailing every thing. I've been put on a range of medication from anti-depressants and diazapam to loperamide hydrochloride (basically immodium). I was there just last week and my doctor told me I'm looking for a 'miracle cure' to sort out the wind problem and my IBS and I just broke down, I'm really at my wits end on how to cope with it.

I even cried at work, which I'm really embarrassed about.

If I could just stop feeling like I'm going to pass out/throw up at the end of the day after worrying about my IBS throughout it, I think I would cry tears of joy. Even if it could just stop the constant need to go and feeling rubbish when I do and after because it never feels like I've gotten it all out I'd be happier.

I don't have the money to buy any of Heather's treatments yet but I'm definitely going to get them when I can and will start trying out this diet right away.

I hope someone on here can offer me some friendly advice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Seeking Advice new
      #359675 - 07/10/10 05:19 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Welcome to the boards. You may get more advice and response if you post this on the diet board instead of the fitness board.

I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated and upset right now. I think many of us have been there at one time or another. There is a lot of info on this site about diet and the best foods to eat and avoid. A change in your diet may help with the gas your are experiencing and the nauseous feeling. Nausea is one of my main symptoms and I have found that following the EFI diet does help.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Seeking Advice new
      #360158 - 08/08/10 04:25 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Welcome to the boards. I'm sorry your feeling so bad. I felt like you did two years ago but I promise you things can and do get better.

I really recommend getting on the EFI diet - you don't need to buy any of the treatments on this site to try it. The basics are listed at http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/.

If your in the glasgow or Edinburgh area you can find Heather's second book at the library. It's probably available in other areas as well. Just check under her surname Van Vorous

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4275

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review