All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
trying to lose 20 pounds...
      #357000 - 03/26/10 04:19 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Walking on hour on a treadmill on my off days, and recording meals on fitday.com.

Just can't seem to lose those extra pounds around my middle. Really starting to lool like on old man.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: trying to lose 20 pounds... new
      #357068 - 03/28/10 06:12 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Double J - I sure can relate, well, not to the old man part, I have gained about 20 pounds because of a medication I have been taking for migraines. It is not easy to get rid of it.

Good for you for getting on the treadmill for an hour on your days off. I am sure if you keep that up and also watching what you eat you will loose the extra weight. It is a slow process. Are you doing any situps or weight lifting? I have heard that we all need to to cardo and strengthing exercising to loose weight.

I wish you luck!

--------------------
Janey

A Personal trainer .. new
      #357121 - 03/28/10 08:27 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

.. could help. A colleague of mine see's one once a week ans says she's seen more results in 3 months than in two years working out on her own. I'm planing on booking session at my local community center. Ten sessions cost $130 which is not bad at all.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: A Personal trainer .. new
      #357133 - 03/29/10 07:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I worked with a personal trainer for a couple of years quite a while back. I didn't lose weight - my appetite expanded to match my calorie expenditure - but I felt great so it would definitely help with that whole feeling old thing. A local Y might have a list of trainers.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: A Personal trainer .. new
      #357390 - 04/05/10 10:42 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Interesting. I'm not really looking to use weight. I'm more interested in feeling healthy and using exercise to stave off things like diabetes and heart disease. Also my lower back has started bothering me so I really need to stap being so sedantary.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#358341 - 05/04/10 04:14 AM
KimEatandBe

Reged: 03/03/10

Hi there. I know that losing weight with IBS can be tough.

I try to exercise everyday, and one thing that has really worked for me is to "change it up." I might walk for 60 minutes, 3-4 days a week but then on the other days I try to do an exercise DVD or even some simple jumping jacks/squats, etc. This seems to be working for me.

I am writing about my fitness/diet on a daily basis, you might want to check it out at www.eatandbe.com for some more ideas! -- Kim Eat and Be

#361883 - 11/04/10 01:13 PM
Tasra

Reged: 11/04/10

Those middle pounds are always the toughest. I think the stomach, hips and butt are usually the last places fat is lost. I would just keep doing the treadmill. I don't do a treadmill, but I walk about 2-miles every day and ride my bike for 6-miles twice a week.

--------------------
Tasra, Health Insurance Advisor

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10322

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review