All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Even more frustrated now
      #351785 - 11/07/09 04:29 PM
wendydou

Reged: 05/15/08

ok, GI Dr #4 - "There's nothing I can do for you"....

I've had so many tests done and put myself thru another colonoscopy, endoscopy and they found NOTHING. a little reflux, but nothing to prove the existance of any gastro issues... So now what do I do?? I don't have any gluten issues but it seems like I can handle gluten free foods better than other things.. But they can't find anything wrong with me.. I don't get it..

I was wondering what the difference is between Heather's tummy tea and BEnefiber?? Seems like they are the same.. is her Acacia fiber the same as gum arabic??

so now what do I do??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Even more frustrated now new
      #351799 - 11/08/09 08:01 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

The questions you ask can be directed to Heather or her wonderful staff at their website email address.

I wish I could answer your questions here, though I will tell you that Heather's tummy fiber can be added to any soup, sauce, or salad dressing, dissolves completely, and has no taste of it's own, thus adding the needed soluable fiber to most anything.

Some of the fiber supplements sold today lump, don't dissolve well, and actually can taste nasty.

I sometimes wonder why anyone suffering IBS would even think of buying these other products when Heather's tried and true organic and helpful products are readily available online.

Why waste your money on anything else, particularly while stabilizing?

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#351801 - 11/08/09 09:13 AM
wendydou

Reged: 05/15/08

I'm a cynic, everything I read on the internet, I still take with a grain of salt.. anyone can "pad" a review.. just trying to make intelligent informed decisions. I would love to think that Heather has the "miracle drug" that would help me.. But my cynicism leads me to think that it may not be as good as everyone here is reporting. Seems like when you read all positive reviews and no negative, it appears a little unbelievable.. the old adage, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't". besides, why pay for shipping when I can get the same thing at my local store.

that's just me though -
Wendy

#351804 - 11/08/09 11:36 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Well I can assure you that Heather is not paying me to promote her products. I just know that they work for anyone with IBS to stabilize and determine a baseline of healthy eating, that being what works for you individually.

IBS is not a rigid specific thing for anyone, it requires individual 'tuning' to find one's own specific triggers. These definitely vary from person to person.

I am sorry to hear that you are cynical. Why pay for things that do not work nor taste good? Why not give the tried and true a chance?

As for the shipping, part of the cost is offset by not having to pay sales tax in your own state. If you can find Heather's products locally in your area, by all means purchase them there. Most stores offer a refund if a product does not agree with you or meet your expectations.

Best wishes, and may you find your path to healing.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#351834 - 11/09/09 07:31 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

I think the only thing you can do is try it and if it doesn't work for you, mark it off your list. IBS is so frustrating because what might work for one does not for another. I am IBS-C and I like the Acacia fiber. I mix it with my hot tea in the morning, soup at lunch, applesauce for snack etc. I like the fact that it dissolves easily. I don't seem to get as much gas with it as with other products. But if you try another product and it works for you then go with it. I also like the fennel tea but I like hot tea anyway. I just can't use the peppermint often because it works against my acid reflux. I like hot tea because in general it soothes my stomach especially when its cramping. If you don't want to try Heather's teas, you might try some hot tea from your local store that is caffeine free. I like Heather's teas and will continue to buy them. You just have to find what works for you.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review