All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just Diagnosed
      #347256 - 06/17/09 01:25 PM
mdgirl

Reged: 06/17/09

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a year ago. Within the past month or so, I have been diagnosed with esophagitis, gastritis due to h. pylori bacteria, diverticulosis, GERD, hemorrhoids, and IBS. My gastroenterologist was supportive up until all the diagnoses were made. Now I am feel like he is leaving me hanging because he figured out my problems but doesn't want all my questions as to how I should handle them. I have two of Heather's books, but it all seems overwhelming. Any help would be appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just Diagnosed new
      #347762 - 07/04/09 10:36 AM
Godandme

Reged: 02/15/09
Loc: Orange County, California

I know reading Heather's books might seem over whelming, they did to me too, but I just sat on my bed and started reading for some answers. The books are easy reading, and you want to continue reading because you will agree with what is being said and you'll realize that you are not the only one! They provided me some encouragement to try this new way of eating and new lifestyle. Heather's tapes might help ease your mind too, relax you. The stress of this all could hurt your gut, which might lead to anxiety, depression, etc. Make yourself some tea, relax on the couch, and enjoy some reading.

A suggestion new
      #347775 - 07/04/09 07:55 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. You could try writing down each of your health challenges and then the key parts of dealing with each condition. I'm willing to bet there will be a few cross overs for example keeping stress in line.

For IBS you could look at the diet cheat sheet http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/heathersibscheatsheet.pdf it's a one page diagram of how to deal with IBS.

One thing about GERD is it doesn't react well to peppermint tea as it's a smooth muscle relaxant.

For the other conditions you could try posting individual queries about each conditions. I know there are a few people with fibro on the boards.

Also if yor GI doc isn't helping then change them. I changed my GP last year - one of the best decisions I ever made.

Hope this helps

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#347834 - 07/07/09 11:52 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Great suggestions!

It is hard to deal with a bunch of illnesses that have come down on you all at once.

Get a new GI! I got a new one because the first one didn't give a rats patoot. New GI is great! He understands.

Take it slowly. Don't try to do everything or figure out everything in one day, it only stresses you out!

Can you walk ok? Taking a long walk might help to ease your mind. Or take a bubble bath. I love bubble baths. (Even though they are not good for your skin what a bummer)

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#347869 - 07/08/09 12:19 PM
mdgirl

Reged: 06/17/09

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ordered Heather's Tummy Fiber. Also, my Rheumatologist is sending me to a dietician. Thanks again. Having support makes the day brighter!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review