All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Working out aggravate symptoms IBS more?
      #346498 - 05/29/09 03:38 AM
Lorkka

Reged: 05/29/09

I suffer from serious gas pain and constipation and I find that exercise can just hurt so much. Am I alone here? I thought, and what I've read everywhere, is that exercise is supposed to help but it just HURTS. Its horrible because when I'm not in pain I LOVE to exercise, so it is really messing with my motivation to exercise. Is anyone else like this?

Thanks!
Angela

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Working out aggravate symptoms IBS more? new
      #346504 - 05/29/09 06:49 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hey Angela! I know what you mean. When I'm in pain, I don't exercise. It makes it alot worse. If I really want to, I will go for a walk instead of high intensity workouts. That usually helps my belly.

For the most part, though, exercise is a great way to help your IBS. It should help more than hurt. You might want to talk to your doctor about the pain, because that is not good!

Try working out early in the day. Morning is usually my best belly time.

HTH!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#346575 - 05/31/09 05:07 AM
Lorkka

Reged: 05/29/09

Thank you for your reply Kappy, I've been to the doctor and of course they can't find anything wrong with me, just told me to add more fibre in my diet. sigh

#349309 - 08/22/09 05:34 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

Same exact situation here... used to run marathons. Now I'm embarrassed to go to the gym because I have so much gas and my stomach sticks out like I'm pregnant. No more cute work out tank tops for me. I miss exercising. I feel so nauseous when I do now. I don't know what to do about it.

Frustrated with doctors as well...

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

#350990 - 10/20/09 05:41 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I've been having a bad two weeks with my IBS-C and after exercising (water workouts) I'm finding my stomach is just killing me. This never happened to me before, I'm going to go again tomorrow and do less to see if that helps. I have to exercise as I am rehabbing my knee replacement I had end of May. I can't wait to receive Heather's book and fiber, just ordered it the other day.

I also have to workout on a nearly empty stomach or else I get sick.

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

Take it easy at first new
      #351040 - 10/21/09 06:54 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

and then build up. It may help you build up a exercise tolerance.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: Take it easy at first new
      #351109 - 10/23/09 10:21 AM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

Thank you. I haven't made it back to the pool yet, been doing some light execise at home to keep my knee moving. I am fairly new to working out in the water and maybe I am over doing it. I just added new abdominal exercises and it may be what has triggered this flare up? I'm going to stop doing the new exercise for my belly and see if things improve. Hopefully tomorrow I can go, my daughter is home sick from school today

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review