All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Couple of Questions - I need some help!!!
      #345684 - 05/06/09 11:49 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ok, so I've been eating the same thing for about 3 days now, and have been doing fine. I ate lunch in kind of a rush, and I'm nervous about the wedding so I am a little bloated... Is that the reason for my bloating?

Here is what I've eaten: (my daily regimen for the last 3 days)

Oatmeal 1 Serving w/2T of acacia
1 C Rice Milk
1 C strawberries
Dried Apricots
2 Rice Cakes (lightly salted)
Minute brown rice bowl
5 oz. V8 (low sodium)

This is what I plan on eating the rest of the day:
Snack pack of cooked carrots
1/2 C applesauce
1 Banana
1 serving of Pretzels
1 servign of oatmeal for supper

(I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm trying to lose a little weight before the big day! Really just trying to tone the jiggle )

OK!!!

SECOND QUESTION:
We are going on our honeymoon in Ridgedale, Missouri. There are tons of restaurants on the resort's campus, but I'm scared of eating anywhere except places I know have something safe for me.

What should I do? Should I pack a bunch of SF snacks/foods to take with. That's alot to tote along. Or should I wing it and try to eat there??? This isn't fun to think about. I know it will be fun once I get there, but I'm nervous about the food selections.

I need some advice on both questions. Please anyone, give some suggestions!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Couple of Questions - I need some help!!! new
      #345689 - 05/06/09 12:34 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't know about the bloat - I'd guess it could be from rushing and nerves but I'm not sure.

As for eating on your honeymoon, I'd take a couple of SF snacks. I always travel with pretzels and those little 1/2 cups of applesauce. You can probably also see restaurant menus on-line for where you're going - a lot of places have them. If not, you could call a couple of restaurants, explain your food restrictions, and see what they can do for you.

I don't know if you're C or D but if you're D, you might consider eating mostly SF for a day or two before the wedding.

HTH. Congratulations and have fun!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#345695 - 05/06/09 01:14 PM
Kappy

Thanks for the advice! I am C so I will need some IF, but I will remember those snacks on the trip!

I'm going to look up the restaurants now, I think I remember them having menus on the site.

Thank you!!!!

--------------------

You're welcome. Enjoy! -nt- new
      #345738 - 05/07/09 09:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#345818 - 05/09/09 02:25 PM
Toyama

Reged: 05/09/09

Congratulations! Just sharing some information that may well be redundant as I am new to this site today. I have suffered for 20 years from IBS and can testify as to what works for me.

MSM - methane pushes gas through your body - making it impossible for the gas to get trapped.

St. John's wort with omega 3 fish oils changed my life mentally and physically. This disease really does originate in the brain.

One cup of white steamed rice per day is like armor for my stomach.

And Dannon Yogurt is a disaster, but Dannon Low Fat Yogurt is a delight.

I can't eat any type of red spaghetti sauce - no spaghetti, ziti, lasagna etc.

Eat white rice leading up to the day or cleanse the day before. So you're not worried. That way there won't be anything in your system.

Can you really eat oatmeal? Oatmeal was a favorite of mine and I might as well ingest poison as it always triggers horrific attacks. All oats and high acidic drinks do. No OJ for me either. Just information for you to take or ignore. Best of luck.

#345860 - 05/10/09 06:06 PM
laurenbren

Reged: 05/10/09

congrats!

you mentioned researching the restaurants menus-great idea! I always find the restaurant and review the menu before hand. It is a pain to not be able to pop into any restaurant you want, but there is such a reward in knowing you have safe options that you already researched. It does wonders for your nerves as well! Also don't be afraid to call in advance if you have any questions. Most people will be very understanding. You don't have to mention specifically your problems if it is embarassing to you. I usually just say i have food allergies or intolerances.

I got married last year and remember I was so terrified about the wedding, reception and honeymoon. The most important thing is you need to relax! It is almost impossible to do, but it will do wonders for your symptoms. Change anything necessary to make sure your nerves will not cause you a problem. I went against tradition and did photos BEFORE the wedding. I had already seen my groom and gotten the photos done (when i knew I'd be able to run to the bathroom if necessary without a crowd of hungry recetption goers waiting) a coupe of hours prior to the ceremony.

Download the "cheat sheet" if you need to so you have it in case any questions come up about what you can eat. And follow the golden rule, if you're not sure if you can have it, don't eat it!

I didn't know about this diet prior to my wedding and had roast beef, cake, and all kinds of other trigger food at my reception. As you can imagine, this made for a very interesing trip to our honeymoon!

Thank you all.... And Question for Toyama new
      #345885 - 05/11/09 11:17 AM
Kappy

Thank you all! All of you have wonderful advice! I am going to try the St. John's Wort toyama mentioned. I guess it's not trapped gas but just bloating and very painful!

I have researched the menus and there are some very good choices like mushroom linguini (will have to ask about sauce) Grilled shrimp/trout/chicken/salmon/tuna/veggie platters/sourdough bread bowl with chicken tortilla soup mmmmmmm.... oatmeal, fisherman's pie (needs more research of course) fruit bowls, oven roasted quail, seafood platters, bagels, oatmeal, (yes I can eat oatmeal, I mix acacia with it in the morning and most evenings for supper too when I don't cook a full meal) They also have potatoes, mushrooms, and i think some rice for side dishes that could prepare my tummy for protein/veggies.

Question for you Toyama..... (Oh, and welcome to the boards)

I posted this in the living room, but maybe you can help. I need to clean myself out before friday. I saw you mentioned that. How should I go about doing that? Enemas or mag citrate? or Go-light??? I really want to have no worries come friday.

And, what does the St. John's Wort do?

--------------------

Kappy st.john's wort new
      #345966 - 05/12/09 07:41 PM

Unregistered

do u know this?

"You should be aware that St Johns Wort can interact with other medications in ways that are not beneficial - reducing the effectiveness of some drugs (such as HIV treatments and possibly birth control pills) and amplifying the effects of others (especially anti-depressants). See the Wikipedia entry for a partial list of interactions.

You should talk to your doctor before trying St Johns Wort in any case. If you are on any prescription medicines or if you have any type of psychological disorder (depression, bipolar, etc) or immune system problems, you absolutely must consult your doctor before taking St Johns Wort."

--------------------

Re: Kappy st.john's wort new
      #345977 - 05/13/09 06:47 AM
Kappy

I saw that after posting. I changed my mind about the St. John's Wort. I did my research before jumping the gun Thank you for helping, though!

--------------------

Re: Kappy st.john's wort new
      #345984 - 05/13/09 07:53 AM

Unregistered

hey would u check out my blog? I know there isn't any actual blogs,yet..but http://ultraraveloner.blogspot.com/ u should do a blog too..who cares how much u put on it.but I think u have to have an acount to follow my blog,u have to click follow blog, its free.

Re: Love it! new
      #345989 - 05/13/09 08:21 AM
Kappy

I like the color scheme! It's very unique and loner rave like! hahaha I am going to start a blog after the honeymoon, I just don't have much time right now. Except at work lol

--------------------

My Blog Please click on the ads all day!! new
      #345995 - 05/13/09 11:58 AM

Unregistered

http://ultraraveloner.blogspot.com/ I get paid for people to click on the ads on my page..please click like mad..and please please be one of my followers. I need money so bad.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16617

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review