All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I feel nasty and gross
      #344239 - 04/08/09 10:51 AM

Unregistered

I ran out of fennel and really hope I recieve it today.. I am so bloated and have been very irregular for me its 12:21 and by this time I usually have been to to the toilet several times but not even once yet..God over the years I've gained weight and I'm tired of getting a bigger gut and legs. I hate it so much. I know its my diet.

I'm cracking down now and really going to change how I look and feel. If I don't change my habits I'll never be able to work enough and make enough money to do anything or go anywhere. I don't leave my house at all except to go to work,wal mart,or see my boyfriend at night to go to a movie or watever, outside work once a week. Holy,as I write this post I realize more.. Ibs is so bad I can't take any trips or even take time out of my day to learn how to drive or even go to the park because I'd only do that on my days off work later in the day because of bathroom problems,but on my days off I'm so busy catching up on cleaning,cooking,and my other day off is to see my bf on a tues or thursday when he gets off work because I'm off one of those days and he lives out of town and my work doesn't let me get the weekends off and he is busy too.All I do all day is relax and drink lots of strong cups of fennel or cammomile and run to the bathroom and try not to be late for work everyday.Ok I ran to the door just now and my workout shoes are here!

I was wondering if anyone has some good ideas what I can do when I'm relaxing and drinking tea,ect. Tips to keep making progress and stop ruining any progress I make because thats what I do. For example yesterday I went all day without mcdonalds food and 20minutes before I was off work I binged on it AND brought some home. ANy really good books or any really good songs I can download to occuply my time? other things?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel nasty and gross new
      #344254 - 04/08/09 01:00 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

I am sure you are neither nasty or gross, and believe me I know how you feel....I used to stress out driving to work everyday that I wouldn't make it there in time before I had to go to the bathroom....it was terrible, I couldn't take trips and everywhere I went I had to know exactly where the bathrooms were "just in case". The reason you are bingeing on McDonalds is because you are stressed and depressed-but you need to understand the molecular makeup of that food has a chemical reaction in your brain that will release excess serotonin (kinda like a feel good chemical, the same chemical that is released when you use ecstacy or heroin ) So the food makes you feel good....but only until your blood sugar begins to drop after the major influx of insulin in your system begins to spike...then you end up being more depressed then when you had taken your first bite! You probally notice even while you are holding your belly cause of the painful ibs symptoms resulting from the high fat levels of the food you just consumed, you are either thinking, craving, or searching your home for more high sugar, high fat food to eat. It's a vicious cycle, I know cause I used to be the same way, excpet my weakness was donuts, I could easily eat 6 at a pop!! My advice would be I know it's tough but try to just stay away from Mcdonald's try and get creative making safe recipes that satisfy your cravings....cravings only usually last 10 minutes if you can stick it out it will usually go away, also in terms of calming your mind, yoga is excellent, and i wake up 45min early everyday and do cardio before work...nothing crazy I just walk in my living room while I watch GOOD EATS reruns lol a great site is myyogaonline.com they have great videos on there! Good luck, I hope that I helped a little

#344262 - 04/08/09 01:45 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hang in there! You can do it!!! Don't feel nasty and gross. We are in this together. I have started my diet again, too to try to lose some weight before the wedding!!!!

Hang in there, diet with me!!! We can be each others' encouragement!!!! Try not to get depressed about the weight or anything else (I know easier said than done). I am a little down about my belly hurting right now, but you know what, I'm not going home and binging on crap just because I don't feel well. I'm going to try to keep on track. Hopefully some oatmeal and a nice long shower will help me feel better. Remember, think of happy thoughts, and don't think of the diet as a miserable diet. Think of it as a knew way of eating healthy.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344275 - 04/08/09 07:41 PM

Unregistered

That was so right on! That was very informative.Before I felt like I didn't really know why I kept ruining any progress I made..honestly..I did it again today..YOur post was inspirational and motivational to me.

#344276 - 04/08/09 07:53 PM
Rebecca1013

I'm glad I could help!! I made my yummy low fat brownies today if you like sweets you must try them they are Pamela's brownies, no gluten..low fat..(organic section of the super market) honestly they are no Betty Crocker extra gooey brownie, but the fight the cravings!! I'll keep looking for a substitution Big Mac recipe for ya-let me know if you find any for sour cream donuts

#344277 - 04/08/09 08:01 PM

Unregistered

I wonder if the food seritonin thing can make me tired and crabby at times? or maybe acid reflux? can acid reflux and trapped gas be connected?

#344302 - 04/09/09 11:03 AM
Rebecca1013

The acid reflux is probally a result of the IBS in connection with the highly irritating food that you consumed.
As for the tired aspect.....ABSOLUTELY!! Think of it in two ways, your body needs nutrients to function optimally right? So imagine it as a porsche, you certainly wouldn't put regular gasoline in a porsche right? You would put top of the line premium gasoline, well our bodies are the same way...if we don't properly "fuel up" with nutrient rich foods, we won't perform well either.

As for the crabby aspect, food is a actually a very powerful substance, good foods can benefit our bodies and bad food (simple sugars, high "bad" fats) can really be trouble for your system...not only in the stomach discomfort that we all experience, but in blood sugar and insulin dysfunction that can be caused by continuosly eating a diet consisting of unhealthy foods. Because of the chemical changes that occur in the body when this foods are consumed, they are actually equivalent to drugs, and it is good to think of them that way. No a chocolate chip cookie is not as bad as heroin lol but it does manipulate certain brain chemicals in the same way and you can become addict to the feel good feeling you may experience from them. So when you are feeling crabby and tired it could very easily be that you are either not fueling your body properly with nutrient rich foods, or it could very well be that your body is still recovering from the insulin roller coaster and you are literally going through withdrawal from not having more of the simple carb food.
Or it could be you just need to take a nap lol

#344317 - 04/09/09 01:45 PM

Unregistered

thanks so much.
I think I may make an ibs folder with posts I found very informative(such as yours) and recipes from the site to print and put in it.YOu know the clear plastic sheets you put papers in? I could put heathers ibs cheat sheet in there and how and when to eat..things to remember such as metamucil as artificial ingredients and so does twizzlers and other candies I used to think was safe. I could put info in it about why hight fat foods are bad,cofee,all that stuff to remind myself when I'm away from my computer or if I travel anywhere other ppl can read it too.

#344322 - 04/09/09 02:16 PM
Rebecca1013

I think that is a wonderful idea! You must excuse all my typos on the last post....I was trying to rush to get it all down before I left work lol I'm glad I could help, for years I was in the same situation as you.....until I switched to a diet of natural foods-It is amazing how much better I looked and felt! Once you start consuming the foods on a regular basis you will crave them instead of McDonald's or donuts (even the yummy sour cream ones lol)....when my IBS recently had kicked back up (I was symptom free for 7 yrs!) I had to trade my raw fruits and veggies to cooked and I am still learning the tricks to combating these symptoms with Heather's diet, but I have followed her guidelines for about two weeks and honestly hadn't had any symptoms except a lil gas this morning I know it can't hurt to encorporate organic chicken (make sure it is grass fed not grain) and fruits and veggies organic...and lately I have been living on brown rice which seems to give me no probs ...if you can try it for one week you will be amazed at how great your skin looks and how wonderful you feel! Like right now I'm not craving junk food or greasy food....I'm craving 1/2 c brown rice with 1/4 c frozen blueberries defrosted, 1/4 c frozen cherries defrosted, some cinnamon, 2 packets of sugar in the raw, and a teaspoon of organic almond butter! On paper it doesn't look great, but honestly don't knock it till you try it lol I wish you the best...but I think your book is a wonderful idea and whenever you get discouraged just leaf through it...it gets easier, and try some yoga

#344324 - 04/09/09 03:40 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi Rebecca!

Welcome! What do you account for your 7 year remission? You sound like such a positive person. Not many, I included, want to give up their raw fruits/veggies.
Lynn

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25929

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review