All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
workout and ibs diet,help
      #343886 - 03/31/09 12:11 PM

Unregistered

SO I ordered some nike tl3 shoes and really want to get into home exercise I have turbo jam,hip hop abs,winsor pilates,want to eventually get chalene extrem and all the p90 and p90x, I have a hula hoop with dvds,katami bar and probly some more things.. I get acid reflux and I can't handle much IF right now..can someone help me with a diet plan?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: workout and ibs diet,help new
      #343924 - 04/01/09 12:22 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ok, so when I diet, I try to stay under 1200 calories and exercise at least an hour a day. The workouts you mentioned are great! I have Chalene's extreme, it's fantastic! I know you can't eat much IF but here is an EXAMPLE of a daily menu from my diet:

Breakfast
1 Serving of Oatmeal
1 cup Soy Milk
1 Serving of Egg whites (scrambled in microwave with some ginger for flavor)
1/2-1 cup of berries (you can trade these for some fruit you are ok with)

Snack at 9:45
1 cup of Grapes
Stonyfield Farms O'Soy yogurt

Lunch at 12 noon
Usually, 1 serving of Water Packed Pouch Tuna
Sweet Potato/Reg. Potato/Some Kind of Brothy soup

Snack at 2:30
Banana
Apple
1 Serving of Dry Roasted Edamame (or some kind of protein it could even be another serving of yogurt)

Supper:
Very light supper as soon as I get home. Usually another serving of Oatmeal with some brown sugar
V8 Veggie Juice

It is very hard at first to get regulated on this schedule, but once you begin a routine, your stomach will coincide with your eating patterns.

You can also change the things that you eat. This is just an example of a typical day for me when I am dieting.

Keep very close amounts on your calorie intake. There are bunches of websites to help with this. www.nutritiondata.com is one of them. Remember, if you even steal a french fry from someone else's plate that's about 10 extra calories. So every bite you put in your mouth should be accounted for.

Also, try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible, they keep you full with out adding a bunch of calories.

Water is another critical part of dieting. I drink nothing but water or tea. NO POPS!!! (aka sodas) Not even diet sodas they just aren't good for you.

I hope this helps.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343954 - 04/02/09 09:04 AM

Unregistered

I was wondering how do you look at working out? is it like a daily choir or a necessity to take care of your ibs? I only drink water,fenel tea,cammomile tea, sometimes juice such as the natural mango peach papaya I get at wal mart,oh and soy and rice milk. I wake up and pee alot at night. Could my diet or just ibs be making me retain water and I pee alot at night or what? I eat the o soy yogurt too. I would not get up earlier than 9am becasue I work until 11pm and can't go to bed right away when I get home cuz I'm so gassy or need to wind down first..so I get to bed about 12pm and fall asleep a half hour,an hour or more after laying down. a few times it has taken me around 5 hours to fall asleep beause of bloating and feeling so bad though.

Have you heard of hoopnotica? http://www.hoopnotica.com/

#343971 - 04/02/09 11:28 AM
Kappy

Lately, working out has been a chore, but exercise should not be a chore but a mandatory event of healthy living. It does help the bowels, but also helps the overall health!

I don't know about the water retention, I will be bloated from sodium sometimes, but not all the time. Try not to drink liquids too late in the evening and limit your sodium intake, that will definitely help the water retention.

--------------------

#343975 - 04/02/09 11:54 AM

Unregistered

http://cgi.ebay.com/Irritable-Bowel-Syndrome-Constipation-Footstool-IBS_W0QQitemZ180340297285QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item180340297285&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 I know that doesn't have anything to do with what you just said,but LOL.

you said you have turbo jam dvds..I was wondering if your a member of wowy? Do you know if excerise would somehow help acid reflux? Since I work 5 days a week and I am on my feet 5.5 hours constantly moving and working It makes me lazy during the day I guess...

#343978 - 04/02/09 12:41 PM
Kappy

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with the topic, but you got a good laugh out of me!!! That was hilarious, thank you!!!

I'm not a member of WOWY.com. I never signed up I just like the DVDs. I also have Yoga Booty Ballet (both sets) I love them too!!

If you are on your feet 5.5 hours/day, you shouldn't have to worry too much about exercise if you watch what you eat. That's fairly active. I'm on my butt all day, may be the reason for the spread, ha! I don't know about the reflux either, I don't have too much problem with that unless I overeat.

You might still try to fit in about 15-30 minutes of activity away from work to devote to exercise or playing with a pet or just dancing around in your living room acting a fool! That's my favorite form of exercise/activity. Also, cleaning house is a great form of physical activity, put more "elbow grease" into your cleaning or do lunges while vacuuming or leg lifts while washing dishes you get the idea. I like to do squats while wyping down walls it's kinda interesting and my fiance thinks I'm crazy, but I like to make exercise fun! Cause if it's not fun, I won't do it!

--------------------

#343985 - 04/02/09 01:30 PM

Unregistered

well I've been working at the same place over 5years and It hasn't gotten me into shape at all. I kinda think if heart rate isn't up and sweating isn't involved its not a work out..to get the body I want I'd have to work out. I'll start slow but I'm thinking I want to get up to like 2 hours of exercise a day.

#343997 - 04/03/09 06:01 AM
Kappy

Yeah, vigorous exercise will melt off pounds alot faster than just standing on your feet, but standing up all day is much better than sitting down, you are burning more calories that way.

--------------------

omg soy?! I guess its bad,heather please look new
      #344010 - 04/03/09 12:24 PM

Unregistered

maybe I should stop having soy products..what do you all think of this ? http://refluxremedy.com/acidrefluxblog/?p=22

say no to rice and soy milk?! very interesting..but yes to almond? new
      #344016 - 04/03/09 05:53 PM

Unregistered

http://www.chetday.com/soymilk.htm

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36729

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review