All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New and Confused
      #342957 - 03/07/09 08:12 AM
Marre

Reged: 03/07/09

Hi, I am new to the forum. After reading the forum information and The First Year IBS book, I am not so sure I have IBS. Even though two doctors have told me I do. Am I in denial or how do I compare my issues with a person that knows they have it.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot.
Marre

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New and Confused new
      #342977 - 03/07/09 03:22 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

What are your symptoms and why do you think you don't have ibs? Have you had tests done to rule out other issues?
--------------------
IBS-D

#343070 - 03/09/09 05:10 PM
Marre

My main problem is that the minute I start eating, I have loud lower stomach noises. This happens the minute I start chewing food and they continue for up to three hours. (What is strange is it doesn't happen after I eat breakfast only after my other meals.) And this will cause awful bloating.
I don't have D or C problems. And I am very good at watching what I eat mostly. I have been try to figure this out for a few years, and I don't feel it is IBS, but that is what the doctor is saying and treating it as, and I don't see any difference.

#343092 - 03/10/09 09:04 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Yeah that is different but the one thing I have learned here is everyone is extremely different. Have you tried the peppermint caps I hear they work for bloating and settling your stomach I believe. I to dont have the stomach pain or bloating. I do however make alot of trips to the bathroom. I wish I had more advice for you but I do hope you will be able to find something that will help you. Have you had your gallbladder checked? Sometimes when you have symptoms come about only when you eat it has something to do with your gallbladder.

#343101 - 03/10/09 01:40 PM
Marre

Thank you again for the reply. I just worry because the doctors just say you have IBS, don't even think of any other option. I could mention it the next time I am there.
Was hoping this forum might have someone else with this same issue. And hoping to solve it and get some relief. It is embrassing when it happens, and you have no control.
Thank you for your comments.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review