All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GI problems in Men IBS???
      #341305 - 01/27/09 08:17 PM
Benson

Reged: 01/27/09
Loc: California

I started having problems with my gut since I was about six years old. Now that I'm in my 40's it has gotten worse. I am bloated most of the time. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, I get extreme gas and bloating. I have been reading this site for about six months. What I read tells me I might have what you guys talk about. Is it possible for a man to have IBS? Also I am either plugged up or running to the washroom. Can I get help here?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GI problems in Men IBS??? new
      #341356 - 01/28/09 07:46 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

Is it possible for a man to have IBS? Also I am either plugged up or running to the washroom. Can I get help here?

Sure, it's very possible for a guy to have IBS.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the subject but it sounds as if you'd be classified "IBS-A" (alternating between constipation and diarrhea).

There are plenty of members here that know of what they speak and I'm sure they'll be able to answer specific questions you may have.

FWIW - I'm 57 and male and suffer (fairly badly) from IBS-D (diarrhea). I'm of the belief that my own issues are mostly stress related but dietary problems add to it.

Welcome, and good luck to you Benson.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Re: GI problems in Men IBS??? new
      #342161 - 02/15/09 06:21 PM
eagles20

Reged: 02/13/09
Loc: NJ/Philly area

I am male and I have had it for like 18 years, so yes, you could have it. When I first started having problems, i went to a GI doc to have everything checked out to make sure it wasn't something else. I had all kinds of tests done. He determined it was IBS. Hope that helps.

--------------------
I suffer from anxiety, depression, IBS, and lactose intolerance. I think they are all related. If anyone has any suggestions or just want to talk, shoot me an email. I'd love to talk to people with similar symptoms, people who can understand what I am going through. I am also waiting for a kidney transplant. Thanks and God bless you all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2979

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review