All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New and need guiance/friendship
      #340480 - 01/05/09 07:27 PM
bbaker

Reged: 01/05/09
Loc: southern NH

Hi, I was diagnosed with IBS at 19, I am now 25. I have had a few ok years, the past two years have been hell. I allow my IBS to control every aspect of my life. I have recently decided that I have had enough. I have severe social anxiety which is directly related to my IBS. I am looking to get my health in check. My main goal (besides controlling the IBS) is to train my body. I am at a healthy weight and would like to become stronger and more toned. I have it in my head that it will help my confidence. I also have heard that it could help my anxiety. Any advice or words of wisdom??? Has anyone controlled their IBS or anxiety with exercise??? Thanks

--------------------
bbaker

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New and need guiance/friendship new
      #340482 - 01/05/09 07:55 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Hi, bb. Welcome to the boards.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to give you specific answers but I can tell you that an exercise regime will help your emotional and physical sides.

Exercise almost ALWAYS reduces stress. You've already got it set in your mind that you're going to take the necessary steps to get yourself better, and that's a great beginning. I'll leave it to more knowledgeable members to give you some ideas, but I just wanted to welcome you and wish you good luck.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#340529 - 01/06/09 06:21 PM
lilycat

Reged: 01/06/09

I've noticed that if I exercise in the morning, the abdominal pain is much less. I think that if you exercise and keep in shape, it will definitely help your overall health which will help your IBS and anxiety. Try meditating daily, too. And CBT techniques may help with your social anxiety, if you haven't tried that already. I used to be really anxious, too. I still am sometimes, but not half as bad as I used to be thanks to those techniques, meditation and exercise.

#340701 - 01/11/09 06:02 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Brisk walking always help me when I'm feeling over wrought.

Yoga also helps me a lot. Apart from the destressing benefits it's also a great way to tone. Some yoga teachers also incorporate pilates into their classes.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review