All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
6 weeks pregnant and miserable
      #335696 - 09/05/08 03:32 PM
armybabe

Reged: 02/23/07

I've been following this diet for 2 years with some success. I am by no means cured as some lucky folks but have had some relief. I still follow the diet and am most careful with dairy and wheat. However, since becoming pregnant and I feel like I've gone all the way back to the beginning. I have horrible morning, afternoon, and evening sickness and to top it off terrble IBS cramps with extreme bloating and C mixed with D. I look 6 months pregnant. I cried on the couch for an hour last night because I'm just so miserable. Anyone have any advice as all?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 6 weeks pregnant and miserable new
      #335759 - 09/07/08 11:54 AM
zuzanka23

Reged: 07/20/07
Loc: UK

awwww i feel sooo sorry for u and nobody even replied ( that doesnt make u feel any better, does it. How are u now? Ive just been thinking about how people cope with pregnancy while having IBS. I am IBS-D and i hate it and sometimes i think ill never be normal again and i realize how much we miss our normal lifestyle. I hope you feel better x

#335770 - 09/07/08 02:42 PM
cooking4six

Reged: 08/19/08
Loc: Southwest, US

Armybabe, I hope you're doing better. I had a terrible time with my last two babies. Sick all day. Here are the things that helped me.
Not letting myself get too hungry because then I'd feel sick and not want to eat at all.
Not eating too much at once.
And always eating bread before anything else.

I remember being at work one day when I was just 4 months along and a co-worker said now you look pregnant. Although I wasn't really showing yet, I couldn't explain it was bloating from gas that had my belly distended so I blamed it on the big shirt I was wearing.

Good luck and try not to let the sickness part get you down. Just think of all the joy you'll share with your child.

Dana

--------------------
IBS-A

#335871 - 09/10/08 05:24 AM
armybabe

Reged: 02/23/07

Like IBS itself, it comes and goes. Today I seem to be doing okay. Tomorrow, who knows. I do agree. I need to force myself to eat a small amount all day which seems to help. I feel less ill and the IBS seems to do better as well. Hard part, sometimes no matter what you do, the IBS shows up. Nothing you can do about it. That's the most frustrating part. I also feel your pain. I already feel pregnant. Have the bulge going for me. But, what's new. I don't think a day goes by when I don't have it. Just hope the morning sickness goes away in the alloted 3 months and there will be one less thing to worry about. Thanks for helping me to see I'm not alone.

#335876 - 09/10/08 10:20 AM
cooking4six

Reged: 08/19/08
Loc: Southwest, US

Armybabe,

The good news is that morning sickness usually peeks around 6-8 weeks and then it eases up and quits around 12-14 weeks. So, it's not much longer. You could even count it down on your calendar marking off each day you get through. The visual may make you feel better.

Dana

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review