All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia fiber help
      #334323 - 08/10/08 02:18 AM
orion

Reged: 07/06/08
Loc: philippines

hi i have had ibs-d for almost 8 yrs now. i was taking some psyllium husk fiber last year and it was working really great my d was gone but i had a terrible problem on cramping and gas and bloating. then i decided to stop. just this month i learned of acacia fiber from heathers tummy care. i did tied it i have been taking 2tbsp of acacia fiber 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. the bloating and gas and also cramping stopped but i still have the "D" also when i was taking the psyllium husk fiber my stools were really formed but now when i take the acacia finer my stools are soft and somewhat watery. my question is should i increase my acacia fiber intake and from the experience of some people here how much should i increase? tnx alot for those who will give their advice to my question.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia fiber help new
      #335548 - 09/02/08 06:37 PM
mzmemo

Reged: 07/23/08

I have the same question. I added acacia very slowly, as recommended, to help with my diarrhea and got up to about 1 tablespoon spaced through the day. My BM's were loose, watery and the feeling of not fully evacuating stayed with me most of the day making me very apprehensive and wanting to stay close to the facilities. I was hoping to find some answers in this forum. Anyone??

#338196 - 11/17/08 11:33 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I am C and the Tummy fiber does make your stools a little gooey and watery. I believe it's because the soluble fiber is like a gel that moves the feces on through the intestines. So it comes out a little like gel or water. I don't know about the D though. I wish I could help you there. I am D sometimes, but not as bad as C. HTH.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#350241 - 09/24/09 01:22 PM
ahunter

Reged: 09/25/08

I have been taking the tummy fiber for almost five years, and while it bulks you up well, it leaves that gooey feeling for the rest of the day. I'm experimenting now taking one sp every other day instead of every day, but you might try backing off to about one tsp a day.

#350243 - 09/24/09 01:40 PM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Yes, I would like more response to this as well. Also IBS-d and same thing...I use Citrucel but they have discontinued the smoothie mix I use so trying to wean myself off to something else...tried acacia but, just didn't give me the same results either???

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#350245 - 09/24/09 01:47 PM
ahunter

Reged: 09/25/08

The first couple years I tried acacia it seemed more gentle than Citrucel, etc. (non-solubles) but the past two years the acacia has gotten harsher and has created more mucous in my system. I don't know whether they changed suppliers but I'm perplexed at this point because there are benefits to it as well but not without the gel issues, etc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review